What Happens To The Poop?

Guest parnassus

What happens to BF feces?  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Tsalagi

I'm only saying that the fact it's organic has nothing to do with it. Organic food and traditionally available food of the same sort are equally digestible. Organic meat and "nonorganic" meat will produce the same size pile.

Do not confuse organic with healthy. Personally, I think it is healthier for a human to eat mostly meat and raw vegetables with some carbs on the side but this does not necessarily mean organic.

Technically organic refers to carbon based chemistry but is often used by the lay public to mean "natural" without chemicals such as fertilizer and pesticides. These have no effect on poop.

An organic candy bar is just as unhealthy for you as a "nonorganic" candy bar.

That's not what I'm getting at. But since you insist on this even an organic candy bar is healthier than a nonorganic one because at least you avoid the added estrogens, pesticides and fertilizers. Is this not a Bigfoot board? Why are you trying to beat me over the head with your views on nutrition?

Edited by See-Te-Cah NC
To remove offensive content

SSR Team

Should have never came back to this board or is it bored since 99.99% of the people here have never had any experience with a Bigfoot, haven't a clue how to behave in the wilderness so they could manage to see one and most never leave their computer desk for the outdoors anyway. Yet still those with no experience are experts. Whatever.

Tsalagi, please contribute to the Ketchum stuff & her latest quotes on her sighting, i'd love to hear your side of things. :)

Tsalagi, please contribute to the Ketchum stuff & her latest quotes on her sighting, i'd love to hear your side of things. :)

Please do. I'd like to hear your take on this subject as well.

Guest Tsalagi

I'm not familiar with Ketchum but will try to have a look at it if you guys are insisting for some reason. Otherwise I'm outta here. Practically told a researcher fergit-it the other night who has been in contact with me for awhile because I've had enough.

Edited by See-Te-Cah NC
Double Post

Guest parnassus
This study by Kurose et al in 2005 (Journal of Heredity 2005:96(6):688–697) was 80% successful in identifying cat species and sex from field specimens found on a Japanese island.

That's not what I'm getting at. But since you insist on this even an organic candy bar is healthier than a nonorganic one because at least you avoid the added estrogens, pesticides and fertilizers. Is this not a Bigfoot board? Why are you trying to beat me over the head with your views on nutrition?

All right I'll let you think organic is healthier but I'm not going to let you get away thinking that organic food will leave less residue. People who eat organic are generally trying to eat healthier. They think the organic is better for them. They are also eating fresher, less processed foods as well. This is healthy, yes. This is not organic per se however. Most of these health conscious people mix both strategies and eat fresh, organic foods. They have the same size/mass stool as someone who eats fresh foods without the organic label. Under no circumstances do they absorb more nutrition from these foods. This is the point I'm trying to make. BF will eat (most likely) fresh organic food and will probably leave large droppings behind filled with undigested fiber.

A healthy diet includes plenty of fiber wether it is organic or not. Most people who are overweight however eat processed foods. Protein, starch, sugar, fats all absorb more readily when they are processed than when they come loaded with fiber. Vitamins are also absorbed more quickly without fiber around. This is why we need to eat a lot of vegetables and fruits to get the most out of our foods. Meat has little fiber and as a result we absorb the nutrients more readily. This is why carnivores have smaller intestinal tracts than herbivores. We don't need all that extra length to absorb the nutrients before defecation. This is also why carnivores have smaller bowel movements.

BF probably leaves plenty of large piles of poop in the woods. Unless they eat much more meat than most of us suppose.

Guest Tsalagi

I think they eat a ton of meat and a lot less vegetation that what some apparently think. They go after elk and deer and rip them apart. Does this sound like something that would rather eat grass and roots? Things like berries are likely seen as a rare seasonal treat and they probably gorge themselves sick much like bears do along with birds and even black footed ferrets I've seen. Which explains the sightings during blueberry & blackberry picking season on reservations where they seem to be rather ornery (cuz they don't wanna share with the little hairless creatures). Aside from that they are probably meat and nut eaters and eat other vegetation out of necessity. Any man with broad shoulders, massive muscles and standing 7-10 feet tall has got to consume large amounts of protein to survive. They have proven themselves to be excessively strong and you don't get that way eating greens.

I think they eat a ton of meat and a lot less vegetation that what some apparently think. They go after elk and deer and rip them apart. Does this sound like something that would rather eat grass and roots? Things like berries are likely seen as a rare seasonal treat and they probably gorge themselves sick much like bears do along with birds and even black footed ferrets I've seen. Which explains the sightings during blueberry & blackberry picking season on reservations where they seem to be rather ornery (cuz they don't wanna share with the little hairless creatures). Aside from that they are probably meat and nut eaters and eat other vegetation out of necessity. Any man with broad shoulders, massive muscles and standing 7-10 feet tall has got to consume large amounts of protein to survive. They have proven themselves to be excessively strong and you don't get that way eating greens.

:) undoubtedly. However bears do eat a lot of vegetation too. Grass particularly. I suspect they have a mixed approach to diet just like bears do.

I think you're right. They don't seem to hibernate, so they have to get through the winter somehow, and we just don't find massive stashes of acorns and pine nuts here and there in the forest. Meat must be a staple throughout the winter and, like wolves, they probably eat quite a few small animals like mice that we would ignore.

I also thought that gorillas had pronounced abdomens because of the quantity of vegetation they eat. We don't see gorilla-like abdomens on bigfoot.

I think you're right. They don't seem to hibernate, so they have to get through the winter somehow, and we just don't find massive stashes of acorns and pine nuts here and there in the forest. Meat must be a staple throughout the winter and, like wolves, they probably eat quite a few small animals like mice that we would ignore.

I also thought that gorillas had pronounced abdomens because of the quantity of vegetation they eat. We don't see gorilla-like abdomens on bigfoot.

The Patterson specimen seems to have a large abdomen. More in keeping with a supersize chimpanzee to me. Chimps have larger guts than similar sized humans do. Not like a gorillas though.

This study by Kurose et al in 2005 (Journal of Heredity 2005:96(6):688–697) was 80% successful in identifying cat species and sex from field specimens found on a Japanese island.

Huh, I guess 80% is about what you'd get from a bedding area used in the 70's (just kidding of course). Although, it doesn't seem like a good DNA source to me.

Guest HucksterFoot

Any man with broad shoulders, massive muscles and standing 7-10 feet tall has got to consume large amounts of protein to survive.

Do you think meat is the only source of protein? What about animals (example - Brown/Black bears) that have a diet that mainly consists of insects and plants that are high in protein.

Sure, if a so-called 7-10 tall Bigfoot doesn't migrate to a better food source in the winter months, it would need to rip apart Elk? as you say.

...Unless, you just haven't found a Bigfoot winter nut/dried mushroom/tuber cache.

The point is, a large animal needs to eat, and if it/Bigfoot is not unlike other omnivore primates (like us; specifically) they'll consume whatever is available in their region.

They have proven themselves to be excessively strong and you don't get that way eating greens.

Proven themselves?

Plus, I disagree that a large animal cannot be strong by eating greens alone.

and no, this isn't an argument that Bigfoot is a strict herbivore.

JupyMoose.jpg

I'd like to see one confirmed Bigfoot digestive tract (including other structures from the mouth down), and of course, that stuff that comes out of it (either end). :]

Edited by HucksterFoot

Guest HucksterFoot

A big part of the shopping list for a Bear. :]

(Meat can be about 15% of their diet)

Cow Parsnip - Heracleum lanatum

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cow_Parsnip

Dandelions

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taraxacum

Hedysarum roots

http://www.fs.fed.us/database/feis/plants/forb/hedalp/all.html

Cranberries, Huckleberries, Bilberries; Blueberries, Salmon berries, Currents, Gooseberries, Blackberries.

Buffaloberry (Shepherdia canadensis) fruit

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shepherdia

Devil's club, Raspberries, Strawberries, Sarsaparilla, Crowberries.

Glacier lily bulbs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erythronium_grandiflorum

Horsetails, Sedges, Poplar buds.

Anyways, the diet will vary, dependent on the region. How big they get is dependent on the abundance of food; ample food/nutrition supply will generally mean well fed large bears ...and of course, not omitting biologically predetermined factors.

On another note:

Patrick Baboumian (Vegetarian)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Baboumian

(I am an omnivore, and I eat meat) and coffee.

Edited by HucksterFoot