What Happens To The Poop?

Guest parnassus

What happens to BF feces?  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't want to answer for Parnassus, but I believe he was being facetious.

Ok, since it's just lying there on the floor, and this thread is about picking up such things.....facetious, or fecetious? :P

Edited by JDL

This entire thread should be tossed out from a high point of a ship while it's over the deepest place on Earth, the Mariana Trench. And it would be tossed from the ship's poop deck.

I'll try to sleep tonight, folks. I'm not proud of myself for this posting. :blush:

Guest KentuckyApeman

This entire thread should be tossed out from a high point of a ship while it's over the deepest place on Earth, the Mariana Trench. And it would be tossed from the ship's poop deck.

You mean the poop, the whole poop, and nothing but the poop?

Guest HucksterFoot

I do have a caliper, but don't take it quail hunting. I'm surprised though that black bear scat can be the size of a Coke can. It was my understanding that a Coke can is >2.5" diameter. It was also my understanding brown bear scat might be that size, but that black bear scat was closer to <1.75" diameter. Can you refer me to a source for where scat size of >2.5 has been attributed to a black bear? Thanks.

An inch or so to 1.5 is about average; especially for a black bear sow.

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/huntersguide/BearHunt_Planning.asp

Small bears may generate logs comparable in diameter to a D-size battery whereas a really large bear may produce scat of the diameter of a soda can.

Belly dragger Boars 400 to 500 lbs plus, will leave behind the coke cans. :] Not a typical find.

Edit to add:

http://www.bowhuntnorth.com/html/articles/bear-facts/the-bear-facts.html

Check your hunting area for signs of big bear; Scat as big around as a coke can or a heaping pile; Paw prints that are 5 to 6 inches across, claw marks on trees, 7 to 8 feet or more up the tree; A pine tree snapped off at the top only... a sign of dominance and marking territory.
Edited by HucksterFoot
  • Upvote 1

Guest Biggie

Or we could just fling it in Matt Moneymakers back yard with a scatapult.

Some of the scariest driving moments in my life have involved logging trucks. Oncoming downhill as I was driving up, coming up behind on a downgrade, some of those guys are barely in control of their loads.

Edited by JDL

Guest Tsalagi

This isn't really true. Cats and dogs in captivity eat food with a lot of plant based fillers that provide bulk and so their poop is bigger than a diet of raw meat which leaves a smaller stool. Organic doesn't really have anything to do with it as there is substantially little difference mass-wise between organic and inorganic. Bigfoot probably eats a lot of vegetation and so likely has large, frequent stool deposits.

It is true. The better organics do not contain undigestible fillers like corn which your grocery store food does. Some of the best organics are entirely meat based these days. Try switching your pets from say Meow Mix to Blue Wilderness and they stop pooping out tons. From what I was told by a BFRO guy in Northern Arizona the ones there eat almost entirely deer and elk diet because there is almost no vegetation in the forest for them other than acorns or agave & yucca in select portions of the forest. So their diet will depend on where they live. The ones in Southeast for sure have more vegetation in their diet, berries, nuts, roots and grasses that other Sasquatch will not have access too. So in those parts of country there may be stronger chance of finding scat.

It is true. The better organics do not contain undigestible fillers like corn which your grocery store food does. Some of the best organics are entirely meat based these days. Try switching your pets from say Meow Mix to Blue Wilderness and they stop pooping out tons. From what I was told by a BFRO guy in Northern Arizona the ones there eat almost entirely deer and elk diet because there is almost no vegetation in the forest for them other than acorns or agave & yucca in select portions of the forest. So their diet will depend on where they live. The ones in Southeast for sure have more vegetation in their diet, berries, nuts, roots and grasses that other Sasquatch will not have access too. So in those parts of country there may be stronger chance of finding scat.

No it is not. What you just posted demonstrated exactly what I described. Some modern pet foods are using more meat perhaps but that doesn't make them organic. If I had a dog still I would feed her a nearly pure meat-based diet with a few veggies thrown in. This is not necessarily organic unless the meat was raised organically. If I fed her an organic vegetarian diet (this can be done and the dog will be in excellent health all the same) she would have larger stools due to the extra bulk provided by the vegetables. Not because they were organic but because they were vegetation with all that fiber. It is the bulk of plant based foods that make stool larger than meat based stools. The difference between organic and generally available foods is the chemicals used to feed the plants and protect them from insects and other pests. This has no effect on the bulk of the stools.

Guest Tsalagi

No it is not. What you just posted demonstrated exactly what I described. Some modern pet foods are using more meat perhaps but that doesn't make them organic. If I had a dog still I would feed her a nearly pure meat-based diet with a few veggies thrown in. This is not necessarily organic unless the meat was raised organically. If I fed her an organic vegetarian diet (this can be done and the dog will be in excellent health all the same) she would have larger stools due to the extra bulk provided by the vegetables. Not because they were organic but because they were vegetation with all that fiber. It is the bulk of plant based foods that make stool larger than meat based stools. The difference between organic and generally available foods is the chemicals used to feed the plants and protect them from insects and other pests. This has no effect on the bulk of the stools.

We are talking about the same thing mostly so why do you keep trying to start an argument with me? There are pet foods out there that ARE made of organic meat only there for it is organic pet food. Like I have said over and over its the plant and grain in diet that makes for more stool. But also the more digestible something is the less there is too poop out. A human who eats extremely healthy can attest to fact you eat less junk food you poop less out because you are assimulating more of your intake.

We are talking about the same thing mostly so why do you keep trying to start an argument with me? There are pet foods out there that ARE made of organic meat only there for it is organic pet food. Like I have said over and over its the plant and grain in diet that makes for more stool. But also the more digestible something is the less there is too poop out. A human who eats extremely healthy can attest to fact you eat less junk food you poop less out because you are assimulating more of your intake.

I'm only saying that the fact it's organic has nothing to do with it. Organic food and traditionally available food of the same sort are equally digestible. Organic meat and "nonorganic" meat will produce the same size pile.

Do not confuse organic with healthy. Personally, I think it is healthier for a human to eat mostly meat and raw vegetables with some carbs on the side but this does not necessarily mean organic.

Technically organic refers to carbon based chemistry but is often used by the lay public to mean "natural" without chemicals such as fertilizer and pesticides. These have no effect on poop.

An organic candy bar is just as unhealthy for you as a "nonorganic" candy bar.

I'm only saying that the fact it's organic has nothing to do with it. Organic food and traditionally available food of the same sort are equally digestible. Organic meat and "nonorganic" meat will produce the same size pile.

Do not confuse organic with healthy. Personally, I think it is healthier for a human to eat mostly meat and raw vegetables with some carbs on the side but this does not necessarily mean organic.

Technically organic refers to carbon based chemistry but is often used by the lay public to mean "natural" without chemicals such as fertilizer and pesticides. These have no effect on poop.

An organic candy bar is just as unhealthy for you as a "nonorganic" candy bar.

Everytime the mother of my children implies that something is ok to eat because it's organic I tell her: "so are botulism toxin and rattlesnake venom."

Everytime the mother of my children implies that something is ok to eat because it's organic I tell her: "so are botulism toxin and rattlesnake venom."

don't forget poison ivy and cockroaches ;)