Question

Guest midnightwalker1

I hear Barred Owl (typical and "whistle-screech" calls), Chuck-Wills-Widow, bullfrog, cattle, barking dog, insects . . .

Was one of those supposed to be a bigfoot?

This is what I heard, except I missed the CWW.

Everything else is exactly what Saskeptic hears.

Guest midnightwalker1

Oh my, same old skeptics. Ask any experienced and QUALIFIED researcher if they can tell the difference between a real owl and a 8-10 foot owl, we all can because we've heard them in person. I can understand that it's difficult to imagine for the skeptics. It requires much time in the field. Truly, that's bigfoot 101 stuff and I am surprised you even doubt it. Any ******* knows the sas do barred owl and other owl or animal calls regularly. Pretty basic stuff guys.

Oh my, same old skeptics. Ask any experienced and QUALIFIED researcher if they can tell the difference between a real owl and a 8-10 foot owl, we all can because we've heard them in person. I can understand that it's difficult to imagine for the skeptics. It requires much time in the field. Truly, that's bigfoot 101 stuff and I am surprised you even doubt it. Any ******* knows the sas do barred owl and other owl or animal calls regularly. Pretty basic stuff guys.

Insult? Check.

Ignoring basic question? Check.

I can't determine from your comments if you are being facetious or if you really believe what you've posted. If the latter, perhaps you'd care to enlighten me (seeing as I have no experience as a field biologist) on the finer points of real Barred Owl vs. bigfoot Barred Owl vocalization? You see, I'm confused: I've been tracking down Barred Owl calls for a long time now. I've probably encountered hundreds that I've identified by call and actually seen the bird dozens of times. Each time I've done this, the creature I find making the call is - wait for it - a Barred Owl. Am I being avoided by the bigfoot barred owls because they know I usually have a camera with me in the field?

Guest midnightwalker1

Insult? Check.

Ignoring basic question? Check.

I can't determine from your comments if you are being facetious or if you really believe what you've posted. If the latter, perhaps you'd care to enlighten me (seeing as I have no experience as a field biologist) on the finer points of real Barred Owl vs. bigfoot Barred Owl vocalization? You see, I'm confused: I've been tracking down Barred Owl calls for a long time now. I've probably encountered hundreds that I've identified by call and actually seen the bird dozens of times. Each time I've done this, the creature I find making the call is - wait for it - a Barred Owl. Am I being avoided by the bigfoot barred owls because they know I usually have a camera with me in the field?

Hmmm...well let's see. I have had them peak out from behind the trees (night time silouette - quite large) after doing their barred owl calls and I could go into many other accounts as well...but short on time. Meeting...I work. Like I said before, point me to your url where you house all your varied owl calls so that I can review them and deem you QUALIFIED at the very least on owls. Let me know how many field hours have been spent etc. Like I said chief, I have been doing this a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time (in hours) and this stuff is bigfoot 101. If you guys don't know this stuff, then I am like the guy that's in advanced calculus sitting in a first year algebra class. Yawn. Point me to your url will you saskeptic. I'd love to see how you practice what you preach about all those recordings and evidence. LOL I want to learn from you.

Unaware [check}

Expert in Barred Owl Calls and Has Expansive Audio and Video Collection [ DOUBTFUL but hey I enjoy being surprised. ]

Guest midnightwalker1

3. A Concentrated burst of 7.62 rounds via a rifle.

To remove all doubt....

Man that's just not right in my book. ) You left out call the ambulance so they can bag your appendages in ice and try to sew them back together...after the sas get ahold of you. As I am sure you know, they are the ultimate forces of the forest and can pop your head like a cola. But I do appreciate your honesty. All good Masterbarber.

I have a collection of calls ( that doesn't surprise anyone does it?) that I'm sure could arguably be either from a Bipedal humanoid or an owl. Owls can make sounds that are consistent with the acoustics of human vowels, so it is quite possible for those to get confused with human or simien. The flip side is that if we have another hominid out there, it's calls could be mis ID'd for owl calls, especially if they are trying to mimic an owl just to throw people off. Only those who have seen a BF do the call have the answer.

Will share more audio this evening.

I hear Barred Owl (typical and "whistle-screech" calls), Chuck-Wills-Widow, bullfrog, cattle, barking dog, insects . . .

I think you need to study up on your owl calls if you are referring to my owl recording. The "who, who, who" is not a barred owl call. It is a great horned owl call. Some of the background noise could be barred owls, but I've never heard one up close, & am not familiar with them.

Anyone with any experience at all, would know that horned owls make that noise when they are hunting, & they hunt in pairs or groups. When one "hoots", it is immediately answered by another "hoot", often overlapping the first "hoot". Sometimes there will be three or more answers within less than a minute. At least that's how it works here.

Also, if there was a real owl that close to my chickens & guineas, you wouldn't be able to hear anything else for the chickens screaming for somebody to come & save them. They are not fooled by fakes.

I have some recordings of real owls somewhere & I'll try to find them so you can hear the difference.

Edited by Sasfooty

This thread makes me think of the guy from years back, the name escapes me at the present moment, who was said to be captured by a family of Sasquatch. He reported he did not feel threaten by them but he also did not feels as though he was permitted to leave. They seemed to study him as much as he studied them. If not mistaken the story goes that while he slept one knight a single creature walked into his camp and picked him up in his sleeping bag. He had no tent. As he was being lifted he woke up up out of fright did not move. the beast, as he called it, took him to a cave some distance away and set him down. I can't remember how long he was with them but it was for sometime I think. Anyway he had packed his coffee, and snuff, and a few other supplies in his bag. I believe a rifle as well though he later stated he could not have killed one if he wanted to they really didn't seem to harm him. He finally escaped because one of the creatures came over to his small camp he was "permitted" to build and ate his can of snuff, than not liking the taste drank his burned coffee. When it ran off for water so did he. Not sure to the truth of this story haven't heard much on it to be honest. It was aired on the shows Monster Quest and Creepy Canada. Said to have happen out in B.C in the 1920's or 1930's. Rather interesting story. Anyway just thought of that anyone know the story I mean?

Though for me I'm not sure what I'd rather. The inside looking out would be neat to say the least. Though to live among them and get to know them that would be incredible. I think despite whichever I picked or had happen it would only truly be special or truly incredible to me. Not many in the world going to believe either or, and those who do among them there is sadly going to be some to tear it down and make one feel horrible. Though the inside seems most interesting to me partly as it is rather scary in it's own way if that makes sense. plus imagine have BF as a friend, make a great hiking pal.

Ok, here's what real horned owls sound like in my neck of the woods.

Later in another part of the recording, they got closer to the house, & a guinea started getting nervous. I stopped recording at that point, & turned an outside light on to scare them off & quiet the chickens & guineas down.

Am I being avoided by the bigfoot barred owls because they know I usually have a camera with me in the field?

Do you wear your academic credentials openly? Maybe they don't want to be verbally insulted, so they hide from you. :lol:

Anyone with any experience at all, would know that horned owls make that noise when they are hunting, & they hunt in pairs or groups. When one "hoots", it is immediately answered by another "hoot", often overlapping the first "hoot". Sometimes there will be three or more answers within less than a minute. At least that's how it works here

I've had some long "conversations" with horned owls by returning their calls. They seem to love it, and the back-and-forth can go on for a long time. I think it's funny.

First, I think it's funny for anyone to question Saskeptic's credentials.

Second, no offense, midnightwalker, but what are your credentials? I'm being serious, not a jerk. For all I know you're Saskeptic's boss, lol.

C, I don't know that I've ever heard that Great Horned Owls hunt in groups.

Fourth, I don't care how big it is, a good grouping with 30-06 rounds is going to make for an unhappy animal. I don't think they generally come back for more with a few high velocity rounds in their heart.

Guest TooRisky

Which one would you pick if you had the opportunity and why?

1. OUTSIDE LOOKING IN: Have an opportunity to take a picture or video that shows a sasquatch peaking out of the brush (briefly 5-10 seconds) or even walking quickly between the trees at a range of 50 feet for the same 5-10 seconds. However, in doing so the sasquatch will be very withdrawn, not trust you and you'll get little to no interaction from them. You'll be lucky if you get a tree knock or a barred owl. You'd be on the outside looking in.

2. INSIDE LOOKING OUT: No cameras. Be able to sit amongst the sasquatch and learn about them by observing their actions towards you and even see them with your own two eyes. You might even gain an understanding of apparent differences in their personalities. You'd feel comfortable (not scared) amongst these boys that are massive (10-12 ft tall-some of them with shoulders 4-6 ft wide) and some smaller adolescents. You'd even be able smile and say hello often getting responses from them in their own ways. Maybe one of the sas might even regularly greet you with a 10 foot tall barred owl call that leaves you in awe every time you hear it, as well as privileged to be the recipient.

So tell me what you would choose and why.

I would without a doubt be the #2 type... like a fly on the wall I would love to watch and record how they individually act and do things as well as how the group interacts with each other in the daily tasks...

To the ones that like to argue over semantics and wording, playing superior with or with credentials, just confirms that some do not come here to interact and be socialble... But to start and keep a perpetual argument going on over absolutely nothing... This was a simple question with provided answers, all ya had to do is answer 1 of 2 ways and give a comment of why, just to simple for some I guess.

Edited by TooRisky

C, I don't know that I've ever heard that Great Horned Owls hunt in groups.

Well, I have. I have sat outside at night & heard as many as 5 or 6 calling to each other from as many different directions.

OTH, maybe it wasn't owls at all??? :rolleyes:

• masterbarber locked this topic