Question

Guest midnightwalker1

Admin

Well, I do make some dandy biscuits :D

Edited by masterbarber

Im,

I never point a firearm at anything that I'm not willing to destroy and have clearly identified as a threat. I don't expect that a hairy, bipedal North American Wood Ape will ever present itself to me in such a way as to trigger my use of deadly force instinct(or in any other way). I'll gladly admit it if I'm ever wrong about that and I'll bring more to the table than a story.

Thanks for clarifying that, MB. Post #14 had me wondering...is all :)

I don't expect these bipedal creatures to present themselves to you aggressively, either....whatever they actually turn out to be.

I came in to work this morning with nary a thought to the possibility of attack by a bear, wolf, or mountain lion - or for that matter, an elk, bison, moose. Why? Because humans are the apex predators of the planet. The reason a lot of folks get excited about saving whales and gorillas and rhinos and tigers is because we're very good as a species at kicking the crap out of anything we decide to.

If you blew away everything in front of you.. just to end all questions on what it was sounding off. You walked over in the dark and expected to see pieces of owl, frogs, bugs, a hoaxer, or whatever you thought it might be, and found a wasted squatch instead... would you still feel you were the ultimate forest force , or would you might wonder if there were more of them out there, and your moments on earth were now limited ?

While it is much more fun destroying a forest with an M2 machine gun, it is much more efficient doing so with a hydro ax and D-10 bulldozer. It just takes a bit longer, but it can clearly be much more efficient. In either case, the operator is commonly filled with a feeling of being the ultimate force in the area. If you have never felt such power and understand why one would feel that way, I'd suspect you've never had the thrill of operating an M2, hydro ax, or D-10 dozer.

B) Hmmmm....With all the "ultimate forces" that are running around out there, with killing a BF as their "ultimate goal", you'd think there'd be dead ones lying everywhere, wouldn't you?

You bet; if there were many of these creatures left to kill. It appears, however, that man understood his power many thousands of years ago when he merely conquered fire and stone, and literally wiped out his more primitive hominid competition.

I've never been treated to a dose of ultrasound, but I know people that have. They said they were totally helpless for up to several minutes. I even know of one that had to change underwear after their experience. Their role as ultimate predator was the last thing on their mind.

Ultrasound weapons are now standard fare in many U.S. embassies around the world to deal with crowd violence. It is extremely effective non-lethal violence, and it virtually eliminates the political comeback regarding lethal violence. The beauty of the weapon is that most people on Earth don't even know they exist, especially the types of idiots who assault embassies. Depending upon it's settings, they cause a loss of balance, and a loss of bodily control, similar to sea sickness.

Such a weapon, ideal for crowd control, has no use in sasquatchery. An M2 machine gun might (but, admittedly, is a huge legal and civil liability). Ultimately, one will have to obtain a permit to harvest or study a sasquatch from the local wildlife management agency to do anything, and that brings up the question of why they aren't doing it themselves, since you are not likely to be successful in obtaining a permit to harvest a sasquatch.

Every one of these people that I talked to about it, who had been completely incapacitated, had seen the BF that zapped them.

Try talking to Muslim protesters. I'll bet they didn't see a sasquatch as they were soiling their robes.

Edited by Huntster

If he wanted to attack you, you would be harmed, with your state of the art weapon shoved where the sun doesn't shine, before your keen eyes had a chance to tell your sharp mind that he was anywhere near you.

I'd love for you to set up proof of that. I have weapons similar to MB's, and I'd love to be the guinea pig for that claim.

If you have a location where you're quite sure sasquatches exist, perhaps we can set up a meeting?

While it is much more fun destroying a forest with an M2 machine gun, it is much more efficient doing so with a hydro ax and D-10 bulldozer. It just takes a bit longer, but it can clearly be much more efficient. In either case, the operator is commonly filled with a feeling of being the ultimate force in the area. If you have never felt such power and understand why one would feel that way, I'd suspect you've never had the thrill of operating an M2, hydro ax, or D-10 dozer.

Just wondering (I do this alot ;)) ...what in my posts made you think this would be a thrill for me ? If it was my profession, and it put bread on my table and fed my family, it would be a one thing, but I doubt whether I'd get off on it, knowing it was putting critters out of there homes, and destroying natural resources. I think there's enough goof balls out there destroying the forest, for fun..without adding one more.

I came in to work this morning with nary a thought to the possibility of attack by a bear, wolf, or mountain lion - or for that matter, an elk, bison, moose. Why? Because humans are the apex predators of the planet. The reason a lot of folks get excited about saving whales and gorillas and rhinos and tigers is because we're very good as a species at kicking the crap out of anything we decide to.

I agree, humans are very good at that, and you won't be attacked by any of these animals around town (just other people). Take one of these Rambos, and put them into the environment of one of these animals you mentioned (without bulldozers and guns), and the tables might turn. If someone is out to bag a squatch, and does actually succeed... possibly, their firepower and skills won't cut it.. to live to tell the tale, that is.. and bring it to the table. We don't really know what we're dealing with , yet. All of the above animals, don't matter. Just my thoughts and speculation, of course... but that's what I'm here for :D

I agree, humans are very good at that, and you won't be attacked by any of these animals around town (just other people). Take one of these Rambos, and put them into the environment of one of these animals you mentioned (without bulldozers and guns), and the tables might turn. If someone is out to bag a squatch, and does actually succeed... possibly, their firepower and skills won't cut it.. to live to tell the tale, that is.. and bring it to the table. We don't really know what we're dealing with , yet. All of the above animals, don't matter. Just my thoughts and speculation, of course... but that's what I'm here for :D

Why would someone go after such an animal with no firearms? Other animals have big claws, sharp teeth, horns, etc. Humans were gifted with the natural weapon of a brain. We use our brain to make weapons. This makes us he apex predator.

Why wouldn't our firepower cut it. If you can drop a Grizzly with a .454 Casull why wouldn't it drop a squatch? If you can use a hand held weapon to drop an ELEPHANT, why not a squatch?

Huntster, on 20 October 2010 - 07:00 AM, said:

Just wondering (I do this alot ;)) ...what in my posts made you think this would be a thrill for me ?

Nothing. In fact, I got the impression that you disapprove of firearms, because you embellished MB's point as if he was blazing away at mere sounds in the woods. And that indicated to me that you don't have much experience with destructive forces like firearms, ordnance, heavy equipment, etc. So I was trying to educate you.

Apparently it didn't work, did it?

If it was my profession, and it put bread on my table and fed my family, it would be a one thing, but I doubt whether I'd get off on it, knowing it was putting critters out of there homes, and destroying natural resources.

Well, let's try again:

Power is intoxicating. When one has the power, authority, and ability to destroy things, it can give quite a thrill. Again, it is clear you have never felt it, but I can assure you, it exists.

I think there's enough goof balls out there destroying the forest, for fun..without adding one more.

I agree. Therefore, ignore my post. We don't need another powerful person. Please remain as powerless as you wish.

Guest midnightwalker1

Why would someone go after such an animal with no firearms? Other animals have big claws, sharp teeth, horns, etc. Humans were gifted with the natural weapon of a brain. We use our brain to make weapons. This makes us he apex predator.

Why wouldn't our firepower cut it. If you can drop a Grizzly with a .454 Casull why wouldn't it drop a squatch? If you can use a hand held weapon to drop an ELEPHANT, why not a squatch?

You guys don't know who or what you're dealing with. The biggest mistake you can ever make is to underestimate your opponent. I can tell you that they are people, very intelligent, lightning fast, can come up behind you without you even know it. Fire away as he snaps your head or pummels you. Bunch of fools imho. You'll never get close much less find them anyway. Just go to Monster Central...you still won't get squat...meant squatch.

• Upvote 1

I agree, humans are very good at that, and you won't be attacked by any of these animals around town (just other people). Take one of these Rambos, and put them into the environment of one of these animals you mentioned (without bulldozers and guns), and the tables might turn.

Maybe, maybe not. (parnassus, pay close attention here so you don't mistake me again.....)

I believe I'd still be an effective hunter without my firearms, bulldozers, hydro axes, ordnance, off road equipment, etc, as long as you took away all the silly regulations and restrictions as well. I can harvest moose with much greater ease and regularity with killer pits and traps as I can with firearms, Argos, etc along with short hunting seasons, legal means and methods restrictions, access restrictions, etc.

In fact, let me hunt without modern equipment along with no legal restrictions, and I'd be even better at it.

If someone is out to bag a squatch, and does actually succeed... possibly, their firepower and skills won't cut it.. to live to tell the tale, that is..

Ever wonder why there are 6,876,200,000 humans in existence and just a few (if any) primitive hominids? I don't think it is because the primitive hominids were more formidable........

• masterbarber locked this topic