Military Expedition To Find A Squatch...

Guest HarryAbe

Thanks for answering that Mike, I also think a small derigibile with a FLIR and Day camera in research would help alot to scout a area, as long as it's pretty calm weather.

Admin
The BF I saw was on a military base....directly across from our airfield!

Posted anywhere?

Guest tirademan

Well, I'd imagine that with all the night training (with cameras and airplanes) that has gone on over the last 55(?) years, the military has some interesting footage. I think they debrief the witnesses and put it behind them. I have no military experience at all though, so am guessing.

Uncle Sam has NO interest in "Finding Bigfoot." The reason for this is that they would be responsible! Imagine what Uncle Sam is going to say to the family of a 8-year-old kid who's gone missing in the forest once they've "exposed" the existence sasquatch! Luckily for them, sasquatch tends to be peaceful to humans. They know they're far too large, nimble and uncatchable to really do much without spending tons of money and lighting up the forest with the military. Then they'd have to do that every time someone claimed to have seen one.

It's just far easier for U.S. to say "Wow, that is weird, why don't you go look for one?" Which is what they do today at best. Usually, it's the "There must be a more reasonable answer" tactic.

And having said that, this 1974 WA Army Corps of Engineers page has some really interestingly non-committal language regarding the big guy! (I retyped it so you can read it, but it seems Photobucket has sized it down, the you know whats). Give me a minute and I'll post the text.

tirademan

WA1975ArmyAtlasPage.jpg

Here ya go...

tirademan

SASQUATCH

The very existence of Sasquatch, or “Big Foot†as it is sometimes known, is hotly disputed. Some profess to be open-minded about the matter, although stating that not one piece of evidence will withstand serious scientific scrutiny. Others, because of a particular incident or totality of reports over the years, are convinced that Sasquatch is a reality. Alleged Sasquatch hair samples inspected by F.B.I. laboratories resulted in the conclusion that no such hair exists on any human or presently-known animal for which such data are available.

Information from alleged sightings, tracks and other experiences conjures up the picture of an ape-like creature standing between 8 and 12 feet tall, weighing in excess of 1,000 pounds, and taking strides of up to 6 feet. Plaster casts have been made of tracks showing a large, squarish foot 14 to 24 inches in length and 5 to 10 inches in breadth. Reported to feed on vegetation and some meat, the Sasquatch is covered with long hair, except for the face and hands, and has a distinctly humanlike form. Sasquatch is very agile and powerful, with the endurance to cover a vast range in search of food, shelter and others of its kind. It is apparently able to see at night and is extremely shy, leaving minimal evidence of its presence. Tracks are presently the best evidence of its existence. A short film of an alleged female Sasquatch was shot in northern California which, although scoffed at, shows no indication of fabrication.

The Pacific Northwest is generally considered to be the hotbed of Sasquatch activity, with Washington leading in number of reports of tracks or sightings since 1968. However, reports of Sasquatch-like creatures are known from as far away as the Parmir Mountains in the U.S.S.R. and South America.

If Sasquatch is purely legendary, the legend is likely to be a long time in dying. On the other hand, if Sasquatch does exist, than with the Sasquatch hunts being mounted and the increasing human population it seems likely that some hard evidence may soon be in hand. Legendary or actual, Sasquatch excites a great popular interest in Washington.

Edited by tirademan
  • Upvote 1

So, that is a publication from the Army Corps of Engineers?

The government (ACoE at least) has acknowledged that they were privy to FBI hair tests that resulted in being from unknown animals?

SO, that would beg the question, what fur-bearing animals have been discovered or catalogued since 1974?

Thanks all.

The size and price of drones are going down. Soon, use of drones by private citizens might be cost effective. A grid search with drones equipped infra red would go along way to finding a bf.

This will work for me.

Why not miniature dirigibles? Stay up virtually forever, and can be entirely silent. Besides, they can "hover", which a drone can't.

Mike

They must have engines to maneuver. How noisey are they?

Quoting Georgerm

However, we are just having fun speculating, and it would be good training for Special Forces.

Bingo, that's the angle. Training. Edumacate them about bigfoots, set them to work. See what happens. After the Ketchum paper comes out, this might be possible. Hopefully, a lof of them will be bored, lying around here in the States, just itching to get out and do some stuff like this. They do love getting out in the field, using the equipment, all that--doing this sort of thing is real big fun.

It would be good training and fun for Spec. Forces. When a BF report comes in, the teams go into action by setting up little recon camps all over a 100 sq mi, get drones and dirgibles with flir, and begin to search the area. This would be great training and fun for troops. Each mission may last for two weeks since ol' biggie will probably vanish until they get on to its MO.

If this is going to be done, it will be done by a paramilitary group comprised of former SpecOps veterans as well equipped as any active duty outfit. It will be funded privately and it will be done for profit. If such a group set out to accomplish this, they would accomplish it.

Guest yetipathfinder

The military has had a couple of run ins with squatchs over the years. In the early 1960's U.S. Marines on a night exsersize at Camp Pendleton ran into one. They shot blanks at the poor squatch,then got the hell out of there. Then some time in the 1980's in the Cascade Mountains of WA.,Green Berets had a small battle with a few. It seems that young officer was told not to hassle them,but did anyway. Again shooting at them. Later that night and for the next few days had large rocks and tree limbs thrown down on their camp. They left the camp after a few days of the bombing. I asked a Green Beret friend of mine about all this,and he could not confirm or deni it

Any words mispelled was due to my San Diego high school education.

This subject (sasquatch and military installations) has been broached a few times on this forum. Seeing as how Sasses inhabit most military installations in the continental US, the military hierarchy is

fully aware of thier existance, and will not acknowledge any of it to the public. Troops don't need to waste effort where none is necessary. My opinion of coarse. No one required to believe me.-Knuck

How many SF personnel do you think we have, or have available for training at any given time? 100 square miles?

One small 5 person recon team per square mile would be 50 sneaky, quiet, black ops. Their mission is to photograph BF and dart it if possible.

This of course is all fantasy since the govt. won't send special ops into our forest on this mission. They can't think this far out of the box. It would be huge news and quite a pr mission.

If this is going to be done, it will be done by a paramilitary group comprised of former SpecOps veterans as well equipped as any active duty outfit. It will be funded privately and it will be done for profit. If such a group set out to accomplish this, they would accomplish it.

This would be cool especially if they had all the gear and new about drones.

Check out the Falcon Project

http://the-falconpro....com/main_site/

Thanks for the info......................really neat.

The Falcon Project’s maiden airship voyage will be to hunt down a criminal who has been hiding in the mountains of Southern Utah for several years. Along with helping local authorities track down this criminal, this is also a trial run for the Falcon Project’s airship. A complete analysis of the airship’s movement, flight time, and camera feed will be logged along with any technical problems. This information will be used to better streamline the performance of the airship when the Falcon Project begins their search for Bigfoot/Sasquatch.

Anyone ever wonder why nobody has convinced the DOD to send out a group of Marine Corps Recon or Navy Seals to search for a squatch in a squatchy area? My thoughts would be to replace the bullets with tranquilizers for an animal around 700-800lbs.

When I was in the Marines, we were always doing "other" jobs that fell far outside the scope of anything considered defense of the nation and who better to go out and search? Marines are used to being in the woods all night, we were all pretty fearless and very disciplined when it came to making noise and whatnot...

Maybe someone should send a letter to a commanding general and ask if he would entertain such an idea for a weekend endeavor on one of the many bases squatches have been seen at. That would make it even easier to accomplish, if it was on base. Hell, if steve irwin convinced them to film shows and swim with gators all over bases in the US, why not a group of american citizens (with former veterans) filling out a petition, to request such an endeavor...

Just a thought...this may be the best chance of actually finding one. After watching Bobo in the woods of kentucky last night, my hope keeps going down...lol.

Well, Do you guys remember that my military son is going to train and study with the Marines this October at Quantico ,Va?

We could talk to him about some weekend expeditions to search for BF with his Marine buddies..

SweetSusiq, Did you ever check out Squatchcommando's account of his sighting? I'm pretty sure it happened on the base at Quantico. That area has been something of a hot bed over the years.

You would have to think that with the numbers of people on manoeuvres after dark and the prevalence of night vision and other covert surveillance equipment that must be in regular use there that, if the stories are true, the top brass at the base must know all about the Sasquatches on base but have decided, for whatever reason, to ignore them.