Military Expedition To Find A Squatch...

Guest HarryAbe

One small 5 person recon team per square mile would be 50 sneaky, quiet, black ops. Their mission is to photograph BF and dart it if possible.

I think a five person team per square mile would be 500 per 100 square miles. With that being said, we still don’t agree. I don’t see this as a green/black ops issue, and a complete misuse of the tool (SF). I think you’re using the best hammer made as a screwdriver. I guess another way of thinking about it...would you hire a team of five SF if you wanted to catch the biggest best fish in the river, or would you hire a fishing guide that’s been doing it for years? I think BF is so different from a “tactical†target that there is no relationship between SF and BF.

Ace your opinion is valid since we just don't have that many really well trained BF hunters...............SF or just hunting guides.........nonone seems to know how to find BF.

My math confused you since I made a big error............I meant to say 5 teams for every 20 square miles which will cover 100 square miles. You set up 5 teams of hunting guides and I use SF and we'll see who gets a dart in BF first! I'll bet the black ops will bring in a darted hunting guide while BF laughs its head off while watching SFs sneaking around..........

Don't get too hung up...........this is all just speculation.........

• 2 months later...
Guest shoot1

They do. There've been stories out of Ft. Lewis since before I first got there in '83.

I did 6 weeks in the woods in WA in '97 and did a few overnight patrols at Ft.Lewis while I was in ROTC. I was one of very few cadets who had absolutely NO trouble staying awake at night because I was in awe of the terrain and wishing I had NODS even though the moon was always at 70-80% luminosity during my rotation. (We could see almost as good at night as we did during the day.) I also remember wishing I had live ammo, too. The terrain and the trees were mind-blowing. We moved through an area called "Yoda's Basement" and I was *wishing* I had a camcorder with me. Unbelievably beautiful, *gigantic* trees that a squatch would have NO problem climbing. We could easily walk UNDER the roots of those trees and if we were moving in a delta formation the people off of the trail had to run to keep up with the people walking on the trail due to the rugged terrain. In order to maintain both speed and unit integrity we quickly abandoned that approach and just moved in staggered columns on the trails.

Edited by shoot1

Guest shoot1

It's already been done a long time ago! To conclude this just think of the nature of man and especially our government and the constant edge they seek. Even legends of such a creature would have been sufficient to bring this about.

WHAT?! Details?

It's pretty instantaneous........just a few seconds at most. The drug is pushed out by a spring and plunger (in the ones I've seen), and it doesn't take long. The darts often fall out in a few seconds as the animal throws itself around, but the drug has still been delivered.

Mike

The problem is how to calculate the correct dose. Different drugs effect different animals in different ways, and BF is an unknown. You would have to make a lot of assumptions about what to use, how much to use, and - if anyone is going to approach it - you need to know how long it would last. Sounds very unsafe.

I know this is an old thread, but it's very interesting to me because I came up with a similar plan, but instead of it being a military "mission" it could be a privately funded documentary/ video taped expedition using military veterans with the intent being to kill one. If that actually happened then they could call in helicopters to extract it and the team, possibly butchering it on the spot for transport if need be. Drones could be kept in the air at all times and an air assault reaction team could be "on call" at all times to put fresh "boots on the ground" in response to any ambush or counterattack. This could be done, but it would be expensive as hell and at least a company sized element would probably be necessary - plus snipers, aviation personnel and 3 rotating shifts/squads of personnel for a 24/7 reaction team. A team could be paid a bare minimum but highly motivated if they are offered a percentage of profits from the resulting movie / DVD sales / commercial profits. If his is done in the PNW region and my experience in Ft. Lewis is any indication of the terrain they would move through, they will need to spend a good deal of time practicing coordinated ground movement if they want to be able to coordinate the movement of units such a large area with that terrain. That and I think that Bigfoots actually climbing those massive trees could quickly become a dangerous tactical nightmare - sniper teams with a restricted line of fire and a requirement to be highly mobile would not have the dramatic "force multiplying" effect some people seem to expect at all times.

Edited by shoot1

Guest Nalajr

I'm finding it difficult to believe that a group of Marines could find a Sassy when thousands of trail cameras can't.

I hold out hope that Sassy is real and have thought that way for many years now, but the fact that no one can get one on a trail cam really puts a damper on my hopes. Hunters are very crafty and ingenius, give them an area and tell them that their target animal is there...and they'll find it eventually. Every mammal known has been observed or caught on a trail cam or other image recording device, even those as elusive as the snow leopard, the wolverine, badger, and even the GIANT SQUID. Yet no one can point to a pic of Sassy caught on a trail camera or a video of one after all these years. That's really disheartening to me and I suspect others that want Sassy to be real.

The longer it goes without a BODY the less hope I have. You can talk all the DNA, mtDNA and so forth, but until someone hauls in a BODY, the vast majority of the public isn't going to buy it.

I have long been of the belief that if your goal is to actually PROVE Sassy is real and get the evidence (a body) then go to the states where Sassy is thought to be, find a group of really dedicated hunters and outdoorsmen and put out a BOUNTY on SASSY. Give people money, a significant sum, and the time to bring one in and if there's one out there, someone will bring one in. I know a great many of people are "NO KILL" proponents, I am NOT. If you ever want to prove SASSY is real, you're eventually gonna need more than DNA and pics.

Nalajr

Edited by Nalajr

It may not require a military or paramilitary team to capture a bigfoot, but it will require a team with the following characteristics:

A team of eight to twelve individuals.

A group with well-defined individual and collective responsibilities.

A clearly defined chain of command and rapid professional response to direction.

A high level of equipment and resources.

Training on all personal and collective equipment, until it is second nature.

A fully developed, researched, and reconnoitered plan that takes all contingencies into account.

Rehearsal, rehearsal, rehearsal.

More rehearsal.

Agility of thought and action that can only be achieved by adhering to the above.

The ability to locate the target, close in, disable it, secure it, defend it, evacuate it, and extract the team in rapid succession.

A willingness to defend the target and the team by non-lethal means.

A willingness to defend the target and the team by lethal means.

The ability to shift to contingency plans at a moment's notice, and equal preparation to carry those out.

Alternatively, one can simply run one down with their station wagon, strap it to the roof, take it home, and hide it in the basement.

Guest shoot1

What you just described isn't found outside the military/paramilitary, unless you count veterans or mercs as being non-military. Wait - let's just hire Xe (blackwater) and be done with it.

Great food for thought. Some really good pros and cons. I for one, am for it. It would be very dangerous though.

In my opinion it will take something more than run of the mill marines or soldiers. Special Ops vets are the best bet. They're the only ones whose training and experience come close to mirroring a bigfoot's stealth, elusiveness, intelligence, and tactical capabilities. Even so, they will require some specialized equipment to offset the bigfoot's advantages.

First they have to be able to attract a bigfoot into a situation where it can be tagged and then tag the bigfoot without the bigfoot realizing that it has been tagged (yes, this can be done). This approach has to be complemented with the deployment of a networked sensor array over an area of several square miles (scattered devices the size of small tv remotes). By combining these capabilities, it should be possible to track one or more bigfoot in real time. After that the tactics become somewhat more traditional, but it enables a small team of fewer than a dozen to attempt a capture with some precision.

The most costly part of the prospect (aside from compensation of professionals) is the preparation of a facility to maintain the specimen.

They do. There've been stories out of Ft. Lewis since before I first got there in '83.

I first got there in 1963, wasnt a lot there.

NS