Military Expedition To Find A Squatch...

Guest HarryAbe

Any USAF folks who took survival training at either of the five training sites in WA after May 2003?

Guest jimmy simpson

And who would pick up the tab for this expedition? The media would be all over it, and this type of wasteful spending, especially how the economy is right now, IMO would not look favorable to the working tax payer.

This would be the clincher. No Government could justify spending taxpayer dollars that way..... unless they had a location, a target, and completed the mission and then the DOD went to the media with a body and was able to profit at least enough to cover the expense so it didnt fall on the shoulder of the taxpayer.

DOD would never get involved unless there were a security issue of some sort. Even then, they would focus on security, not apprehension. There's nothing regarding bigfoot that could be construed as mission-related. And even if they had proof, such as a body, there would be no upside in disclosing it to the public. If anything, there are downsides, such as the potential closure of certain training areas for environmental reasons. They would likely bury any remains and go about business. Recall that there were reports of Rock-Apes interfering with military operations in Viet-Nam. Even under these circumstances, no action was taken to address them.

DOD isn't a for profit organization and would not engage in a spurious mission as suggested by the title of this thread. As implied, however, former military personnel are best suited to the task due to their training and experience.

Hello all,

Nice to be back home after my deployment to Afghanistan. 24 years in the USMC to date and I don't take offence at all. All Marines are considered elite btw, though I will not delve too deeply into the who's better debate since much depends on the mission requirments. I have spent years in STA and Recon/MARSOC. I have operated alongside every Spec Ops group you can think of and some of whom you have never heard (which coincidently actually makes them the most lethal and elite) in the world. If you read my pasts postings you will find that I had my own sighting from a hide in the Sierra's while training at the Marine Corps Mountain Warfare course. I have no doubt a Marine fire team could locate and close with a Sasquatch if the opporitunity arose. Any well-trained infantry unit could do so.

People talk all the time about Spec Ops Commandos, we have our purpose, but they don't give the line company grunts/dogs and trooper the credit they deserve. Special Force are what we call "Snoop and Poop" by and large, meaning that in many operational areas that if you have to fire your weapon you have been compromised. Game Over. Although capable of hitting hard and with brutality no SpecOps groups are equipped for a prolonged fight. At that point the grunts have to come bail you out of a bad situation.

And as a Recon Marine myself, OORAH! most of the members of 1st and 2nd Force recon were put in DRP (deep recon platoons) within each divisions Recon battalions. Also the word going around now is that Since SOCOM screwed up the operational roles within the Marine Recon Units SecNav decided to reincorporate the individual Force Recon Companies such as 1st and 2nd Force Recon.. So now that all that's cleared up Marine Force Recon Is arguably superior by the very slightest margin to the Seals because of the preferred use of Marine Force Recon in Black "hush hush" operations with the CIA as well as their recruitment process into the CIA Special Activities Division (The real Men in Black) in which Force Recon member are almost exclusive for recruitment. My best friend is an active duty SEAL and Silver Star holder. He has also been the commanding officer of two different Teams and ground combat commander for a major operation in Afghanistan. He readily agrees with me in this regard.

Quantico...lived there and at Little Creek for several years. If Sasquatch is there he is very urbanized these days. I don't discount those accounts at all, but the area is so heavily utilized now with a war spanning more than a decade that I would think they may have moved on to someplace more secluded.

Welcome back, T!

Great to see you again. Glad you made it back safe!

Thanks for what you and other soldiers do for us.

Hello all,

Nice to be back home after my deployment to Afghanistan. 24 years in the USMC to date and I don't take offence at all. All Marines are considered elite btw, though I will not delve too deeply into the who's better debate since much depends on the mission requirments. I have spent years in STA and Recon/MARSOC. I have operated alongside every Spec Ops group you can think of and some of whom you have never heard (which coincidently actually makes them the most lethal and elite) in the world. If you read my pasts postings you will find that I had my own sighting from a hide in the Sierra's while training at the Marine Corps Mountain Warfare course. I have no doubt a Marine fire team could locate and close with a Sasquatch if the opporitunity arose. Any well-trained infantry unit could do so.

People talk all the time about Spec Ops Commandos, we have our purpose, but they don't give the line company grunts/dogs and trooper the credit they deserve. Special Force are what we call "Snoop and Poop" by and large, meaning that in many operational areas that if you have to fire your weapon you have been compromised. Game Over. Although capable of hitting hard and with brutality no SpecOps groups are equipped for a prolonged fight. At that point the grunts have to come bail you out of a bad situation.

And as a Recon Marine myself, OORAH! most of the members of 1st and 2nd Force recon were put in DRP (deep recon platoons) within each divisions Recon battalions. Also the word going around now is that Since SOCOM screwed up the operational roles within the Marine Recon Units SecNav decided to reincorporate the individual Force Recon Companies such as 1st and 2nd Force Recon.. So now that all that's cleared up Marine Force Recon Is arguably superior by the very slightest margin to the Seals because of the preferred use of Marine Force Recon in Black "hush hush" operations with the CIA as well as their recruitment process into the CIA Special Activities Division (The real Men in Black) in which Force Recon member are almost exclusive for recruitment. My best friend is an active duty SEAL and Silver Star holder. He has also been the commanding officer of two different Teams and ground combat commander for a major operation in Afghanistan. He readily agrees with me in this regard.

Quantico...lived there and at Little Creek for several years. If Sasquatch is there he is very urbanized these days. I don't discount those accounts at all, but the area is so heavily utilized now with a war spanning more than a decade that I would think they may have moved on to someplace more secluded.

If the goal is to bring back a body, I agree with you that any ground combat unit can accomplish this. Capture (extraction), in my opinion, is a different matter, and requires greater expertise, experience, and professionalism. In my experience, these qualities can be found in abundance among SpecOps.

Well put JDL, one thing Operators do learn in spades is to have the patience of stone. If I was given the task of capturing a specimen and my choice, and had a reliable report of recent activity in an area I personally wold prefer a two man team. STA style. Quiet, as high tech as is reasonable without blowing the whole thing, unassuming and just taking up residence in the area and carefully creating an atmosphere hopefully condusive to an encounter or sighting. The method for capture is hotly debated; but immediate air support via a QRF would be my first priority.

Edited by Tautriadelta

Guest vilnoori

The very best way to get a sasquatch is to get a young one, preferably an infant. Getting a body of an adult is not going to answer a whole lot of questions about what their minds are capable of. The only way we can know how possibly human they are is to socialize one from babyhood on, like has been done with gorillas and chimps. That's how we know that higher order great apes are capable of rudimentary speech through sign language, and why some people are agitating for their inclusion in the "human race," ie, with human rights.

Even if we get a body of an adult, by whatever means, we will still have a whack load of questions. Even if we have live capture of an adult we cannot know if they can learn to talk and converse, we cannot test their intelligence, or level of ability to socialize or problem solve because it is difficult to train an old creature new tricks. Only raising one with humans to BE human will give us the answers. We know that there is a window in brain development in which speech is learned in humans, and that window drastically decreases after the age of 8. At the age of one or two everyone is a genius, capable of learning any language in the world perfectly. The same might very well be true of a different homin, though perhaps not to the same capability as us.

It would be much easier as well to obtain, to contain and keep a young one.

Edited by vilnoori

Guest MikeG

Problem is, young ones tend to have mums and dads. Trying to kidnap my baby might just have annoyed me slightly........I'm guessing I'm not the only ape thinking along those lines.

Mike

Guest vilnoori

I guess if someone is successful at capturing a sasquatch the next priority would be to capture a female with a baby and then keep the baby. Terribly cruel, I know, but so would killing or capturing an adult, and the baby would be better cared for and kept than a full grown one. Probably happier too. Each member of a family unit is sorely missed, no matter what age.

To paraphrase Jackson the sniper from the movie Saving Private Ryan, "That would be a serious mis-allocation of military resources." Its not really in their job description. Nor do I forsee taxpayers being okay with using their dollars to find bigfoot.