Welcome Back!

Guest Strick

Admin

Hi All,

Glad BFF is back up and running...

Glad to see the new site up, although I was unaware of any issues on the previous one.

I'm really hoping that the archives and images of the old forum can be fully restored, even if it's just read-only. Often people get too caught up in the frustrations and politics of running a forum, and forget about the immense and valuable resource that they are sitting on. The vast majority of people who read forums never post much (myself included), if anything at all, yet regularly count on them as research tools. Even from just a search engine / SEO point of view, an established forum and all of it's searchable content is invaluable, and shutting one down completely is rarely a good choice. Hopefully the new ownership takes this into account.

Hi! Long timer (Feb 2004--I think) in the old BFF. I am mostly a lurker, which means I read and rarely post. I would post more often, but usually someone here has beat me to the punch with much better words than I myself would have used.

I like coming here and following you all.

I've missed the past several weeks.

Guest Tsalagi

Howdy y'all! Good to see the forums up and running again. I moved cross country and was without internet for over a month. When I finally got internet again the forums were shut. Oh btw I changed my name...my other name was too long I thought ..but now I see the conversation about using old name. So now I'm wondering should I change my name back if I even can?

PS:I'm bummed we have to start over. There was some posts going that I wanted to respond to when the forum was shut down! :(

What the.....................?

At first I thought I was banned.

So we're starting over?

I need a pm to get me up to date on the current state of affairs.

Biggest question needed answered......ahhh...what the hell happened?

thank you sincerly,

xoxoxoxo

mike

While the "original, not in a freezer, Bigfoot Forums" was down I put my toes into the burning alkali of the JREF and read one of the most wonderful and complimentary posts regarding the BFF. The poster said (and I'm paraphrasing), "They have a pretty cool thing going on over there. They actually care about each other. I mean, people they don't even know, they show compassion and empathy towards. The regulars are really a nice bunch of people."

That kind of moved me. :P

I also noticed that post Norcal and I totally had to agree with it.

So I have a question now. If all of the old banned members are allowed back, and let's just pretend EB was still alive, would he have been welcome to come back? If so, how long do you guys/gals think he would of lasted. I would guess hmmmmmm........1 post?

While the "original, not in a freezer, Bigfoot Forums" was down I put my toes into the burning alkali of the JREF and read one of the most wonderful and complimentary posts regarding the BFF. The poster said (and I'm paraphrasing), "They have a pretty cool thing going on over there. They actually care about each other. I mean, people they don't even know, they show compassion and empathy towards. The regulars are really a nice bunch of people."

That kind of moved me. :P

As a former Mod on the old BFF, that is the way it was for us. Our members were family and we loved and respected them. We certainly cared about everyone, and when action was taken, it was done so with the welfare of the entire forum in mind.

On more than one occasion, I took a stance I disagreed with personally. But, I was mandated to toss my personal feelings aside and enforce the rules of the forum.

Had no problem with it because I had so much respect for Teresa and the other Admins and their demands that fairness prevail.

Hope the same attitude is the norm for the new forum.