Need Help In Central Texas.........

Bigtex

Also......BTW found what appeared to be a figure standing in the background of another picture taken at the same place, and discussed in Part 1 of this thread a few pages back from the end.

• 2 months later...

Hey Zman......I'm alive and well, and some great BF'ing the last few months with all the spring and recent rain.

To be honest though, when they started this thread over, it seemed people lost interest, and so did I......just one of those things. 

I don't think anyone lost interest, Tex. Just maybe some folks left, and some having a busy summer. I certainly missed your always interesting accounts. Hope you are still having fun out there and fill us in on anything cool when you are able. Cheers!

Hi Bigtex, I still check this thread first when I log on, and I try to do it daily. I think it is kinda slow everywhere in bigfootville lately. Hopefully things will pickup before everyone loses interest. With out much new to read, I have been going back in time and re-reading any old stuff I can find. There's plenty.

Here are some recent pictures of an interesting track way I found along one of the creeks. One of the best prints was in the creek, with a foot slid first before making the final impression. The other picture with the arrows shows the location of 2 of the better prints; one before it stepped in the creek, also shown, and the creek print. The 3rd pic shows the creek and direction the subject was heading. I couldn't duplicate the creek print, and would require a heavier foot fall. 

Creek Print.jpg

Prints - 2 Step.jpg

Print - Creek.jpg

Pre-Creek Print.jpg

Creek Print - Direction.jpg

Yes it has been a busy summer for me, but Bigtex I enjoy your posts. Of course I like anything that has to do with spending time in the field. I've heard before that they will walk in creeks to hide their tracks. Seems it wasn't completely effective there though. :)

• 5 weeks later...

Hey BTW.......during the hotter months, I walk in the creeks just to cool down. The cool water acts like a radiator on the blood circulating through your feet & lower leg......feels wonderful, and would certainly expect the big fellow to do the same.

Here are a couple of interesting impressions.

I hope to have some amazing news & photos by years end.......stay tuned:)

Print 10-2-16 #1.jpg

Print 10-2-16 #2.jpg

Mud Print.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 4/1/2016 at 11:07 AM, Bigtex said:

Been worried about this ever since the drought we had laid waste to the hard woods. This huge Live Oak tree fell in front of me, and would have instantly killed me......careful out there folks, 'Widow Makers' are as dangerous as any critter.

Near Headache.jpg

Your more recent post about the live, green tree being pushed over your trail got me to wondering more about this picture. Are you saying this happened as you were walking up the trail? Any chance this was pushed over as a warning, but you just didn't see the culprit? Anything (more) eventful happen that day if you continued up the trail?

Thanks for documenting your many great days afield. You're gathering quite a bit of evidence. With all the footprints and other activity, you KNOW you're in their living room (or nursery or?) for sure. It seems to me that you are far beyond the innocent stage of "I wonder how that happened." If you suspect a BF pushed a tree across a trail as a warning, you're likely correct.

Be safe out there!

Edited by Gotta Know

Hey Gotta Know......good to hear from you. The tree above just snapped off on it's own, as the base was just off the trail, and in clear view. I have only been close to one 'live' tree push-over that seemed odd in all the years. Mostly what I have found are trees pushed across my trails that weren't there one day, but there the next, and definitely felt there was a message involved. 

I will be 62 tomorrow 10/7, and had my first sighting at age 6 in 1959.......these dang critters have been in my head ever since. Of course, had no idea what I had seen, but knew Grandpa had a monster in the woods behind his house.

I started studying these creatures in earnest by the mid seventies, but was always a 'Closet-footer' until I started posted on the old BFF, now the new........but I still keep pretty much to myself:)

Happy (almost) birthday! I'm not far behind--will be 55 this December. It's cool to think that (if it's mostly the same property or general area?) that a couple generations of these critters have known about you since your childhood. Wouldn't be surprised if they don't have you patterned like an old whitetail buck. "Oh yeah, old Tex ALWAYS takes a left at the fence post and generally does not arrive until 9:00 a.m. most Saturdays. Gotta keep an eye on his dogs, though. They're sneaky buggers."

Just a grand game of hide-and-go-seek. Thanks again for letting us tag along.

LOL.......if you saw my Grandfathers place now, the old house is gone, and the area is in the middle of Dallas. Bockman Creek ran behind his house, and is one of the main creeks in Dallas that feeds into the Trinity River. In those days, they would've had a stealthy approach into town for sure.

Edited by Bigtex
  • Upvote 1

• gigantor unlocked and featured this topic
  • gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor unpinned this topic
  • gigantor unlocked and pinned this topic
  • gigantor unlocked and pinned this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic