Time To Capture Bf

Guest drtracr

Capturing bigfoot would be a monumental task, seeing that we have such difficulty capturing the elusive beast on video or picture. However that doesn’t mean it can’t be done. Not to gross anybody out, but I when I worked a summer at Yellowstone, I was told by a ranger that bears are attracted by the scent of a woman during that “timeâ€. Is it possible, the same could go for a Bigfoot? I hope nobody thinks I’m crazy for throwing this one out there. lol

http://www.nps.gov/yell/naturescience/bears_women.htm

Guest BFSleuth

Pheromone chips and "used hygiene products" have been used as attractants. There was the story told by Don Young that set up camp next to a large pond, with camera traps, etc. around his camp site. He then tied a pheromone chip and a "used feminine hygiene product" to his shoe and started walking around the pond in order to lure them in. He never made it. He spent the night literally up a tree, tying himself to a limb with his belt and with his gun drawn. One of the scariest stories I've read. Unfortunately the my link to the story no longer works, perhaps someone else can post it?

i hadnt heard the "up the tree " story though, i would have thought any tree a man could climb would be no problem for a BF...

yeah, the used hygiene product angle has been tossed about before as a possible attractant for BF (and other wildlife as well)

kind of hard to understand why , considering the attitude & general demeanor of some, not all, while in that state of condition.

seems like knowing that would be a better reason to run instead :P

I found an article that gave some info on Don, but not too much about that particular story.

This online article I read makes him sound liked a real shady character.

http://robertlindsay.wordpress.com/2012/02/21/bigfoot-news-february-21-2012/

Slicktrick, Humor aside, I would assume animals would be attracted to the scent, thinking another female was ummm "in heat"

so to say. Maybe the same would go for BF. I read that during an estrous cycle for a female ape, they bleed as well.

Males apes may have no desire to mate, except when in the presence of a fertile female.

I wasn't referring to any specific photography since I am rather new at this depth of BF analysis.

I'm confused. You have referred to "known" bigfoot photos without giving any examples, let alone an example of a "known" bigfoot photo conclusively linked with a "known" bigfoot DNA sample, and now admit you have no specific imagery in mind. If you are going to appeal to this supposed photographic database of "known" bigfoot pictures, I must ask you to point us to them.

Surely there is an acceptible photo level.

Surely, but acceptable to whom? Not to mention that having an acceptable standard doesn't mean that standard has been met.

Use this level to grade all of the sample/photo pairs available that has had the DNA produced.

Please identify the reference images used to authenticate said "sample/photo pairs", as well as the available "sample/photo pairs" themselves.

Admin

... Surely there is an acceptible photo level. Use this level to grade all of the sample/photo pairs available that has had the DNA produced.

I got you Bobali and that method would be a viable one. However, FYI, there are no such pairs in existence. It's a bummer, ain't it? :)

I wonder if the nascent Patterson expedition sounded something like this.

Be forewarned guys, anything less than hitting the bullseye (a live capture, a body, or one of you being ripped limb from limb) and you'll forever have to deal with hoax allegations.

Guest bobali

JDL;

Are you stepping forward for that assignment with results guaranteed next week so you can avoid the hoax allegations?

bobali

Guest flycatch

Capture what, something that has not proven to exist. First prove the existence of these creatures and then go about a live capture if you dare. Your quest is liken to the search for the unicorn or wee people of the forest. All we have are footprints and eyewhitness accounts nothing more and nothing less.

Guest OntarioSquatch

I think tactics different from traditional ones would be necessary. Looking at episodes of finding Bigfoot, they we're only able to get heat signatures several times apart from the responses. Getting face to face with one would not be an easy task.

Guest MikeG

Imagine if grizzly bears watched each other's backs. Imagine that if one was attacked all it's buddies would come in swinging. Now, imagine if those grizzlies were 50% bigger than they really are. Imagine firing a net which only half caught one, rather annoying it.

So, when you take one of your targets on with your nets, you'll understand why I hope for your sake that the reports about the size, strength, co-operation and intelligence of your beastie have been dramatically exaggerated.

Mike

After reading an account where a old or injured BF ran down a deer within 100 yards, coupled with other accounts of their strength...the best option is to make friends with one...

I mean seriously think about it...some of these "people" are 10 feet tall and built like grizzly bears. On top of that they are intelligent like homo sapiens though in a different manner.