Time To Capture Bf

Guest drtracr

ive brought this up before,but we got a lot of new people now so lets bounce it off the wall again.

assuming a lot here, it seems BF are stealthy, yet curious of us.

some even suggest them as human.

if theyre curious, & have somewhat human traits perhaps that could be exploited.

people get caught in addictive behaviors. whether overeating, too much alcohol etc.

studies show some folks even become hooked on "adult entertainment".

since we dont know what our fatty foods or alcohol might do to BF, how about this....

in one of these "hotspots" for activity, set up a small trailer that can be drawn by an atv, similar to the "fake campsite" tactic.

but instead of a campsite, on the trailer ( and probably caged in to protect the equipment) have a dvd playing flat screen tv enclosed in a plexiglass weather tight enclosure. it could be battery powered w/ solar charging capability .

to appeal to the BFs curiosity,primal instincts & possibly form an addictive tendency, have "adult " videos on a continuous loop, played with the volume up. rig up a relay with a photo cell that would turn it (and maybe BF) on as the sun sets.

cameras and recorders could be set up along with it.

leave it for as long as it takes to verify consistent activity, possibly gathering video & audio ( and maybe dna,yuk)

then, once enough data is gathered to build a case, move in with whatever capture methods you choose to snag a distracted BF.

combined with some of those pheromones mentioned earlier, who knows what could happen.....just a thought

Guest bobali

OntarioSquatch;

There was one that allegedly killed two in California after being hired to do so. Additional kills are likely if people don't get off of the idea that they have to have a body to prove BF exists. If we get one BF body don't be surprised to have a bunch of dead humans soon after. I think this prediction was made by aan indian tribe in the Northwest.

bobali

Slicktrick;

That sounds better than starting a war with them. We don't know what to be prepared for if one BF gets injured or killed.

bobali

drtracer;

Who cares about the naysayers? There are probably people somewhere that still say the Earth is flat.

bobali

Edited by bobali

i think someone with the resources for the equipment ($$) & a suspected area of high activity maybe could attract something that way.

just do it far enough away from "civilization" to avoid all the local pervs.

appealing to base instincts could pay off in drawing them in ,even if in an unconventional way.

I think taking advantage of some of the newer cheaper HD video recording camera's out there is a good start. Many of them can record for a very long time, and have huge zoom capabilities. Set one up far away, on the high ground over looking a likely location, perhaps a meadow or clearing, along a river, or leading to river, that you can watch from a good long distance away. Build some sort of box or housing, come back once and a while and change the memory card,change the battery(that you can extend the life of with a small solar panel). Don't scent it, especially pheromones, forget the standard tricks. Instead camp there for a few days, right in the area the camera is watching. (Or camera's). Leave a little trash behind when you leave, maybe some interesting shiny stuff, a little food. Let the camera's roll, and go back and camp there every once and while. The video you get will probably never be considered proof, but it will be proof enough to you, to know your on the right trail.

JDL;

Are you stepping forward for that assignment with results guaranteed next week so you can avoid the hoax allegations?

bobali

Hey,

I figure I've been pretty lucky not to get pummeled by one so far. They certainly could have any number of times if they'd wanted to.

Besides, I favor a different methodology that is sensor-heavy to mark and track them. Once you can track and sense them, then you've got the option to either remotely observe and record their movement, remotely film them, or move in on one when it's alone.

But I think it's moot anyway. I predict that within a couple of weeks of the Ketchum Study publication and the Erickson film release, someone will come forward with a body.

They're not animals any more than we are. And they're smarter than we are in their own environment.

Do you guys have anyone who's been within ten yards of one before on your team?

bobali,i agree. im also very familiar with deer & regular game.too much(or maybe not enough,imo) time spent in pursuit of my outdoors obsessions . :hunter: might be funny if Tinks invented "rut videos" with screens for us to lure in the big bucks( if it happens, i want a cut of the profits $$)

funny thing is, in the past , when ive suggested applying "regular game" tactics to BF someone usually comes along with

"that'll never work" type reply,etc etc. so ill typically throw in a disclaimer to avoid the same old same old.

seems like approximately the same amount of public proof has been provided by the experts vs amateurs, so far anyways,

despite whichever tactics are chosen.

Guest OntarioSquatch

I'm not a hunter, but it looks a live capture would be more difficult than hunting one with a firearm. The only other option from those at the moment seems to be finding one that has already died. If the sasquatch bury their dead then maybe we could find a dead one by learning more about their habits and such.

Guest bobali

drtracr;

OK, there is a handfull of us that check in every day or so; there used to be more, is this normal for this forum?

bobali

Guest BFSleuth

Bobali, I think you will see that many threads do "die by the wayside" when discussion on a particular topic seems to run its course. On the other hand, some threads don't seem to die no matter whether there is something to discuss or not... :D

Guest MikeG

Hey Bobali, the rest have done with phase 1 (planning) and are looking out for reports on phase 2 (preparation). Equipment and logistics etc......Now come on, action!!! ;):)

Mike

Many of the standard hunting techniques have been applied. Along with non standard. Scents, pheromones, hanging shiny things in tree's, ect. The thing about standard hunting techniques, is the assumption you are looking for a "dumb" animal. Standard techniques have not proven overly fruitful in the past, or we would have better evidence already. I think it will come down to distance surveillance, making yourself a part of the area, in the least intrusive way you can, and building a familiarity over time. I think that if you act like a hunter, or act like your looking for them, you will simply keep them on guard. So many researchers, even ones over long periods, have used the same "proven" techniques with little or no result. I think we have to acknowledge that we are at a serious disadvantage when it comes to being on their turf, thinking we can some how sneak up on, or fool them about our presence. Since many sightings come from what appears to be curiosity of more "average" people in the woods, I suggest leaving the camo at home,and other gear that makes you look like a researcher or a hunter. Try to look more like a tourist, and get to know your area very well.