Time To Capture Bf

Guest drtracr

Guest Peter O.

There are posts on different sub-forums in this forum that say that BFs often return to the edge of the woods bordering their back yard. Not everyone in this situation would like it since they have small clildren or pets that they want to keep safe.

Have there been any recent credible reports of this? I just re-read the Honobia story, and it seems that the investigators had an anti-climactic time at the ranch. Of course, the BFs could have sensed that more and different people had come to the house. (Scent or activity, e.g.)

In any case, capturing BF is a good idea, but I think the hardest part will be identifying locales it frequents and doesn't just pass through, in which case it's a needle in a haystack. With a stationary apparatus of some type, you aren't really in good position to catch it. Why not just try to capture a definitive video?

Guest bobali

Peter O;

Your desire for getting a video of a BF is shared by all of us. I think that the only people capable of getting close enough for any length of time is ex military special service type. Why should they want to risk their lives for free. I haven't met any ex military of any type that is rolling in money during this resesssion. They are all busy trying to make whatever a living they can. We need evidence beyond pictures, like DNA to show that BFs are real. There are people who are trying to put together a method and a team to get the DNA rich samples. I am a late comer to this forum who sees a need for someone to coordinate the ideas and the money needed to pull off any of the methods that are ready to be tried. I am disabled with only social security as an income so I can't supply any money or on site team membership so I will continue to try to bring the peices together. That will take some time so I will advis you to the forum section "Sightings" , do your own research for now.

bobali

Guest bobali

Bonehead74;

Thank you for the article on bears in Alaska. I phoned Greg who prepqred the article and he gave me the name Bob Winfree, robert_winfree@nps.gov, (907) 644-3516, who would know about methods they use to collect biological samples. Bob mentioned a dart that is used for whales that captures surface tissue but seems to think it would be to hard to get close enough and to be sure that you were aiming at a BF to be useful much less something anyone in their right mind would use where the BF and his buddies could retaliate. He said barbed wire traps to capture mostly hair was what the used on bears but the barbed wire needed to be sterilaied with a blow torch before setting it out. The used odor and not food to attract the bears. The traps need to be recycled every couple of weeks. If hair is captured it needs to be removed with a sterile instrument and placed in an uncontaminated envelope. The tap would need to be resterilized with a blotorch before further use. The barbed wire trap seems similar to the nailboard used at the remote fishing cabin in Canada? Hair Is sufficient for DNA testing. Maybe clear packing tape would be useful if it could be left uncontaminated whlie setting. Alaska has no record of any BF in any of their parks. Plenty of bears etc.

bobali

Edited by bobali

Guest BFSleuth

While I like the idea of collecting DNA and tissue samples with a dartwith video documentation of the event, I would certainly not want to do so without being enclosed in a completely secure box as the OP is indicating. Sort of a "reverse capture". You might need backup to extricate yourself if a family of angry BF's wanted to retaliate (read the Ape Canyon story).

It would be frightening to think of the potential consequences of darting a BF "out in the open", even if you had a high powered rifle to back you up. Getting the dart into the BF would be one thing, having the cajones to go and get the dart will be another.

Consider that some researchers have reported BF seem to find out where they live and let it be known, and then you have the makings of an excellent horror movie.

This would work by inplanting a rfid chip to locate them.This way one can sneak up up on them and watch them from afar.No worrries then Right! ;)

Guest BFSleuth

What is the effective range for a dart like this? Maybe a remote controlled gun could provide the safety necessary.

Guest drtracr

I have been contacted by a company that makes capture net guns. They can make one at least 20' x 20' made out of the strongest material known to man. Dyneema Bran. That would do the trick if you can close enough to fire it.

JM

Guest bobali

drtracr, etc ;

Apparently none of you bothered to read my post concerning my phone conversation with Alaska Park Service person. The barbed wire trak combined with strong odor sources and clear packing tape. We only need to capture hair to get DNA. We just need to be careful about contaminating the trap, the captured hair and the envelope. Cross contamination makes it very hard to get dependable DNA. Remember the KISS principle. With the trap, you don't need to deal with the darted BF and his/her buddies.

bobali

BFSleuth;

The range of the whale style dart isn't all that great. Most of the time the dart is fastened onto a hand held spear, but can be shot from a gun. I guess it is less dangerous to the target animal but not for the darter. I now vote for the barbed wire an clear packing tape over attracting odors after exploring a number of methods. the method is cheap and can be duplicated many times for the price of an elevated metal box. Several hidden automatic cameras to verify BF as the hair donor couldbe used.

bobali

Guest drtracr

Bob, they have DNA already, we need a body or a live one.

Bone, I found large nets that are cannon fired and are basiclly indesructable and will hold the old boy.

Edited by drtracr

Guest bobali

BFSleuf, drtracer ;

Assuming that your information is correct and they do have sufficient DNA, why do they need alive BF or a body? As far as I know, gorillas and chimpanzees have the same muscles and organs as a human, therefore so would a BF. I see Jane Goodal type observation as what is most needed. There are a very limited number of people that could even approach this hidden remote cameras are the likely answer. this observation will probably need to start with drones holding sophisticated cameras. Please explain why a body dead or alive is important. Also why are you only making it public slowly when you have known for a longer period of time. I will read that article that you called to my attention.

bobali

Edited by bobali

Guest bobali

drtracer;

The referred article didn't tell me much. Other articles that talked of the major people involved in the study said that they already had two BFs in parts that were shot by a hunter involved with an organization OP, Olympic ?. It is looking more like I was right earlier when I said observation was about all that was left.

bobali

Edited by bobali

Guest drtracr

Bob, don't know what article you are talking about. I feel as we need a body or live one to put the whole is he real or not to rest.

Guest bobali

drtracer;

I don't remember the article name but the kills were in California. If you want to know details you will have to do a small amount of work. I think mw search word was "Bigfoot" maybe "kills" as well. Thed organization featured in the article that you recommended got part of their tissue samples from these two BFs, an off white female and a younger male, I think. The hunter that killed the BFs was employed to do so by an organization, Olympic P......... . It is assumed the the heads are frozen. The location of the remains is not revealed because it is against the law to kill BFs in California. With as much mention of the organization and the doctor tha appeared in the article that you reccomended, I didn't see any reason to doubt one word.

bobali