Time To Capture Bf

Guest drtracr

Guest BFSleuth

I think MikeG has nailed the one aspect of this plan that could seriously put a hurt on anyone attempting a live capture. BF are not solitary creatures. If you see one, the odds are very very high that there is at least one more and likely several more nearby. If one is in trouble the other ones will very likely be coming to the rescue. If the plan is to net it then sedate it that gives time for it to call the others in, but more likely they are already observing as backup. They won't be coming with cake and cookies and when they do come it will be fast and brutal, especially if you haven't captured the alpha male.

Guest OntarioSquatch

I'm not so sure they hang around in groups when they aren't with a family, but yeah make sure you can defend yourself if your trying to capture a live one LOL

I keep thinking of that report from many years ago. Remember it? The one about how someone went to the rescue of a guy in the forest and found his rifle wrapped around a tree!!!!!!

Hello...............!!!!!!!

Guest bobali

MikeG;

I can understand your evaluation. Since my appearance on this forum, I have pushed for the best plan for obtaining verifyable tissue samples to be explained in detail and I hope progress has been made along those lines. The majority of posters want a live capture but so far a method that will attract a team or financing hasn't come about. The majority of the posters seem to feel that there hasn't been any verifyable samples presented and want to get that sample. Efforts to work with what samples that have been collected and prove them either 100% valid or !00% invalid has not been sufficiently accomplished. I have spoken with a professional conservationist in Alaska about how they do detialed evaluation on bears in their state. He suggested a barbed wire trap to primarily collect hair. He also suggested a medium similar to modern packing tape to suppliment the barbed wire. The traps need to be checked every two weeks. The BW traps need to be sterilized with a blow torch and kept sterile of human contaminations. A similar nail in board trap has been used a a remote fishing cabin without angering the BF after stepping on the board and leaving blood and hair. I have been strongly suggesting using this BW method after I have heard a number of other methods and temporarily promoting each method until as I have found a better one. I hope that I can interest you in backing the method that I most recently have been promoting. The traps can be monitored by solar powered video cameras that transmit data to a central computer. The traps should be baited with odor emitting mediums and no food. Used kotex type units has proved very successful with other mammals. Other pherimones are equally reasonable as well mediums giving the odor of food without being food could be used. In agree the projected nets are quite dangerous as are the various darts. The BW traps have been safe so far and should be easy to place for a reasonably low cost. If I could I would finance this method to finally get a verifyable sample and resulting DNA. After that is accomplished I strongly suggest observation like that of Jane Goodall with chimpanzees and Dian Fossey with gorillas.

bobali

Guest BFSleuth

bobali, I think your ideas are valid. However, I think you will find that many researchers have already been doing the DNA collection methods you are describing and have been doing so for some time now, in conjunction with efforts to videotape or photograph BF "in the act". These samples have already been submitted to Dr. Ketchum.

Look through the "In the Field" forum for discussion about methods for DNA capture. Lot's of forum members have been working on DNA collection for years. You will probably be able to link up with a few members that have discussions going on there.

Regarding the Jane Goodall research method there have also been many forum members involved with habituation. If you use the search feature and type "habituation" you will find enough material to give you days of reading.

I agree that the idea of netting a BF is very risky for both humans and BF. These are highly intelligent, powerful, and unpredictable beings. There is a saying among some tribes in the PNW that if you kill one they will come back and kill a dozen of us. I certainly wouldn't want to be the one to harm or distress one of them, I think if it came to that I would strongly consider moving to another country.

Guest MikeG

I think you may have misjudged the numbers on "verifiable samples". We're led to believe that 100 plus samples are in the Ketchum study, and a number of them apparently have a good chain linking them back to their collection.

"Solar powered video cameras" sound great in principle, until you realise that many claim human electronics scares your target away.

Mike

Capture what, something that has not proven to exist. First prove the existence of these creatures and then go about a live capture if you dare. Your quest is liken to the search for the unicorn or wee people of the forest. All we have are footprints and eyewhitness accounts nothing more and nothing less.

there lies the rub my friend.....a body,dead or alive, is supposedly the only thing that will be considered "proof positive" by the scientific community that BF exists.....since those footprints and eyewitness accounts are usually dismissed.

..so if you want public proving of existence then captured,killed or found dead are about the only ways that it will happen ,imo.

Guest bobali

BFSleuth;

I will read what you suggest, but more important te reading needs to be done by those almost ready to follow their dangerous methods. I believe their are sufficient verifiable samples and resulting DNA to prove the existance of BF. The people in posession of these samples haven't come up with a standard acceptable to everyone. that should be priority one with them. If the observation people have any outstanding accomplishments, they should share them with everyone.

bobali

bobali

Sidetrick;

DNA accepted by enough professionals should bring the amatures around.

bobali

Guest MikeG

Guys,

a gentle reminder that discussing moderation on the open forum is against the rules. Any issues, please feel free to PM a mod. Anything I can help you with on the subject I will. By PM.

Don't forget, sarcasm never comes across well through keyboard and screen, and jokes are sometimes in the eye of the beholder.....

Now, back to the subject of capturing a sasquatch...........

Mike