Time To Capture Bf

Guest drtracr

Guest drtracr

John C. well said. my idea is to make them curious and have them come to my campsite. Sneaking up is a dead deal. my idea is to leave couple people in the box and see if they can watch. My next step is finding a place to do it..

Guest bobali

JohnC;

Your method seems reasonable. Not to imply that you couldn't do it by yourself, but to avoid any obvious misteps it might be a good idea to contact Jane Goodall since is still alive and ask her for suggestions.

bobali

drtracr;

After a long consideration, I tend to think that the disruption involved in getting your box in place and the life inhibitions that it will impose on its occupants, that it is not the way to go. Share the advice that Jane Goodall might share before you go to the effort and expense.

bobali

Edited by bobali

while i would not assume its just another "dumb" animal, (dumb being a relative term IMO, based on some moves ive seen mature whitetail bucks & eastern gobblers pull off) i can see merit in both standard & off the wall approaches.

the"hunting 101" basic idea of wild things needing certain things to survive, food,water, possible shelter ,drive to breed etc.still remain.

figuring out & capitalizing on tendencies employed by your quarry in the pursuit of those needs/drives can be key to success, whether youre all camo'ed up or not.

IOW, if possible, pattern them.

find where they live,what they do then set up accordingly & attempt to use it in pursuit of your needs/ drive for proof,pics,body.

Guest bobali

Since no one was likely to follow my suggestion to contact Jane Goodall for suggestions on starting the observation phase, I did myself. I have not gotten a reply yet but in reading the version of history online, it said that one should start at a distance with binoculars. Why did I choose Jane Goodall? The DNA returned on the samples submitted from the remote fishing cabin showed that the only deviation from human DNA was where one section was replaced with a section from a chimpanzee. If and when I get a reply from the Jane Goodall Institute/Jane Goodall, I will post it.

bobali

I think one of the groups that is getting very close to the prize is the Olympic project.

http://www.olympicproject.com/

These guys are in it for the long haul, and I do believe they are getting some good results. I do not know enough about their techniques to really make much comment beyond that.

Another good example of someone working the same area,without being disruptive, and inserting himself into "their" environment is Timbergiantbigfoot.

Guest Cervelo

Bobali,

I don't know if you have read or watched any of Goodalls work (assume you have)

But it's really pretty simple you go to where the animal is and just sit, be quiet and hope they find you none threatening enough not to squash you but curious enough to check you out and just watch ;)

Its really just still hunting without a gun, now there's that whole issue of time and money to go sit in the woods for years.

Guest bobali

JohnC;

I have heard of this organization (Olympic project) before. Alledgedly, they paid the hunter that shot and killed the two BFs in California (a white female and a younger male). The ones used as samples in M.K.'s upcomming report. I referred to them as the Olympic P...... . I didn't remember 'project'. The Jane Goodall Institute acknowledged my message an said they would reply soon. They also gave me their phone number like they were very interested in talking with me. I wish I could remember complete names so I don't sound too stupid.

bobali

Cervelo;

Yes, I am quite familiar with the accomplishments of Jane Goodall. There ar many steps between the distant observation with binoculars and the up close sessions that you cite. I'm not interested in playing patty-cake with BF. I am interested in learning from closer observation and eventually carrying on a conversation with one. I read that one group had already found 300 BF words.

bobali

BFF Patron
...Alledgedly, they paid the hunter that shot and killed the two BFs in California (a white female and a younger male)....

The Sierra Kills thread could probably host this statement and it could garner some comment there..... to be fair. May I ask what the "alleged" part of this can be based upon or where or who it derived from?

......I read that one group had already found 300 BF words.

Are you speaking of the work of a known Sasquatch researcher here such as Scott Nelson? Or, are you sharing some form of novel information from other research sources or information bases that you can source and cite?

Edited by bipedalist

Guest bobali

bipedalist;

The "alleged" comes from I cant remember names. It was the same article that dealt with the M.K. report. I don't remember if it was the main report or a comment. I believe it; you'll have to decide for yourself or do some digging. I think the 300 words came from an article found under "Bigfoot habitat" on the net. With names, I can't tell you if it was Scott Nelson or Santa Clause. With the amount of time that has past without much BF proof, I can't say much for any researcher. I rate each article upon the support it has for its claims.

bobali

Bobali the hunter who claimed to have shot the two bigfoot was not a mamber of the Olympic project at the time of the shooting. He claims that he did not even believe in bigfoot at the time and was shocked at what he described as "monsters" . There is a thread on this forum as already mentioned where both the shooter and the head of the Olympic project discuss what happened before during and after the shooting (see Seria shootings). Upon learning of the shooting, Derek Randles, the leader of the Olympic project contacted the shooter to try and recover the bodies for study. They are both actually members of this forum, and Derek is a very knowledgable guy about bigfoot besides being a super nice guy. I am sure he would be willing to answer any question you wanted to PM him about your project to capture a BF.

Guest bobali

dxtsniper;

I totally believe that you have relayed what you read. I read differently. I can also understand the Olympic project not wanting to say they paid the hunter. That part of the story is irrelivant. The important part is that they conversed both before and after the kill. This shows that there were two kills.

Everybody;

I often explore references and references to references. If they show excellent support for their article, I tend to believe it completely. I hope most of you do the same.

bobali

Edited by bobali

Guest MikeG

"The important part is that they conversed both before and after the kill. This shows that there were two kills."

Bobali

This directly contradicts the account given by a long-standing member here, Derek Randles ("Derekfoot"), of the Olympic Project, and of another member "The General" Justin Smeja who allegedly killed the two sasquatches.

Now, if you are going to directly contradict the statements of those who were involved, you are going to come under some pretty strong pressure to reveal your evidence to back up the claim that their stories aren't factual. In fact, I'll be stronger. If you haven't got evidence backing your claims, I would personally expect to see a retraction.

I'll consider moving these last few posts over to the appropriate thread after I see how this develops.

Mike

Guest bobali

MikeG;

I don't understand your point. My point is that there were two kills, a white female and a younger male. If you want to claim the kills, I don't care. I'm sorry that I can't be specific about where I read it other than on the net and there seemed to me to be adequate support. You'er one of the cops and you have the power to do as you wish, so what I say doesn't matter.

bobali

Guest MikeG

I'm not writing as one of the cops ...Note the use of the word "personally".

But it's pretty standard around here to ask people to back up their assertions. If you can't or won't, then I think most people will take the direct word of two of the key players in the saga over the 2nd hand report of someone "on the net".

I'm battling to see how I could "claim the kills" when I have never set foot in the USA, and have never handled a gun in my life.

Mike

Guest BFSleuth

Methinks the reference to the list of 300 BF words might be the Mary Green book 50 Years With Bigfoot, a story about the Janice Carter habituation effort. Unfortunately the MG original web site has been changed, so the dictionary of BF words is gone. However, I recall that if you copied and pasted the list of words into Google it was quickly understood that the purported list of words were "borrowed" from another source.

She made it up.