Question For Serious Researchers, Biologists, Veterinarians, Etc.

I've been researching the big guy for nearly 25 years. I came to this forum to get some real help but haven't received any yet. So I will make an appeal to all the professionals here...

I'm not going into the specifics of how I know what I know for obvious reasons, but I have discovered WHERE and WHEN one or more Bigfoot will be...within a 400 yards radius. If everyone is serious about capturing one alive, where is the plan?

I've tried getting help on this forum, but it appears that no one has a viable capture plan for anything over 30 yards.

Obviously, if I wanted to shoot to kill this animal, I wouldn't be here. But I'm finding the lack of answers discouraging....

Oh man. Its one thing to *see* a BF. Another to contemplate taking on what may well be the combination of the fastest, smartest (perhaps smarter than us) and most powerful land animal in the US if not the world!

If you really think you can reliably get that close, place markers and cameras so you can get a measure of size when you get Super High Definition motion pictures. Capture one? I would never want to go into the forest again! Capture, anything threatening to these - creatures? - people? seems like a Really. Bad. Idea.

How about make friends instead? Wouldn't that be like, 1000x more awesome??

I would envision helicopters, flir cameras, a team of maybe a dozen military types, half of those on the ground in a transport vehicle, heavy nets, huge spot lights, and a heaping dose of luck might do it. But I really don't condone it, so there you go.

Guest toejam

Personally I hope anyone that captures, kills or maims a Sasquatch on purpose turns into a stat. Good luck.

I'm getting the message more and more to not attempt to capture one. Why? Isn't that the ultimate goal for all of us???

Otherwise, what are we doing here?

Because you would have to let it go anyways. We want to learn about them through science, just observe them, they will get proven in time.

Guest Particle Noun

If you feel you have a reliable spot, maybe others here could help devise a scenario where you obtained video evidence, or set up hair traps or something, in a way which would make the evidence much more unimpeachable that your average photo/video evidence.

I think the advantage of knowing where to film lets you do things right, rather than having to be quick and reactive in obtaining that sort of evidence.

It really makes me think, what would you need to make video evidence more compelling:

1) High quality camera for sure, so that it could be carefully analyzed.

2) At least several witnesses willing to go on record (of course getting a high caliber researcher involved would be a plus).

3) Lots of establishing video/photographic evidence of the site and it's location, so that when the video/photo evidence with a sasquatch in it is produced, information about the site can be looked at in detail

4) ???

Would you mind sharing how you know where and when they are going to be where you say? I'm interested in how these ones became predictable.

Guest spurfoot

Arizona, probably dog, crows, jays, vultures, or, food acquisition habits of a particular BF.

I'm getting the message more and more to not attempt to capture one. Why? Isn't that the ultimate goal for all of us???

No, it is by no means the ultimate goal. There are skeptics that for them, *they claim* that a body would be the only proof, *but* if they actually have an encounter I can safely say that their need will go right out the window.

What we are doing here is learning as much as we can through the various means afforded by this forum. I had an encounter 22 years ago, but I have learned more from this forum than I did from the encounter.

Making friends with the wild things of this world is one of the coolest things I can think of doing. Making friends with a BF has to be right at the top of that.

Guest toejam

just to be in their presence is awe inspiring.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Edited by toejam

Admin

Sommersby,

Don't listen to them. If you have a chance to kill one, do it. Plan on getting the evidence out to multiple universities and/or labs. Science will get a type specimen and it'll be protected forever. It's the best thing you can possibly to do help them.

• Upvote 2

Guest poignant

Sommersby:

25 years of researching the creature, yet you're fairly new to BFF, and you haven't quite noticed that the logistics of capturing/killing/transporting a bf has been debated and discussed ad nauseum? I want to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you MUST acknowledge that there are red flags here.

So. You ask for serious answers? Well here goes. Following up on your original post, I don't think there are any practical means of capturing one unless you have access to a market of tranquilizers, netguns, chloroform, etc. That, or have the charisma and influence to organize a team that has access to all those items.

Unless you can cut through red tape like thermite through steel, I'd suggest you are better off readying yourself with a HD camera. Even if you do manage to subdue one, you must have on standby vehicles or men to transport a 500+ lb creature to an extraction point (a juvenile would of course make this task easier). Even then you now risk retaliation from other bigfoots and from your quarry.

One POSSIBLE way is to use your truck as an observation blind. Bigfoot have been known to inspect vehicles, and if your truck has a net deployment system you could snare one within close enough proximity to safely extract the quarry.

It's good that you're asking things on a forum, but don't be surprised if the reality and enormity of executing a task such as capturing bigfoot hits you like a freight train.

Edited by poignant

Guest toejam

If the rest of the clan surround you and possibly snap your neck, it'll be your last opportunity. Keep us posted..

Then again, maybe it's just one, or not.

Edited by toejam