Question For Serious Researchers, Biologists, Veterinarians, Etc.

If you have the where and when, you have half the recon you need. You need to know who else is out there. If what Todd Standing say's is true, they have sentinels. They might know you are there. If you know where and when, take a few weeks (months) and figure out where the rest of them are. Then, as others have suggested you will need Military types. Preferably LERP's, RANGERS, for recon. SEAL Team 6 and DELTA force types because they are trained in hostage rescue. You will be doing rescue kidnapping so to speak. In the movies they have stun nets, you may need one if the are real. Tranquilizers might not work because you would need to be extremely close for a hit. Then you need to know what to use and how much. Propofol works extremely fast, but would need an anathesiologist to monitor the creature, and I doubt he would know how to keep one down long enough to restrain him/her properly. You may even be under the wrath of the creatures friends. Thats why you will need the military types. When 'it" wakes up, do you have it properly restrained? No one knows how strong they are. It could either break free if not properly sedated, or hurt its self trying to break free. If you have the knowledge of when and where one will be, please get a really expensive DRD and a FLIR or Thermal with recording capabilities. RECON and observation are your best friends now. Do everyone on this sight a favor and get some footage, if its good, there are some extemely intelligent people on this sight. Restrain yourself and get some good footage. Then, maybe you can come up with a good plan.

If you have the where and when, you have half the recon you need. You need to know who else is out there. If what Todd Standing say's is true, they have sentinels. They might know you are there. If you know where and when, take a few weeks (months) and figure out where the rest of them are. Then, as others have suggested you will need Military types. Preferably LERP's, RANGERS, for recon. SEAL Team 6 and DELTA force types because they are trained in hostage rescue. You will be doing rescue kidnapping so to speak. In the movies they have stun nets, you may need one if the are real. Tranquilizers might not work because you would need to be extremely close for a hit. Then you need to know what to use and how much. Propofol works extremely fast, but would need an anathesiologist to monitor the creature, and I doubt he would know how to keep one down long enough to restrain him/her properly. You may even be under the wrath of the creatures friends. Thats why you will need the military types. When 'it" wakes up, do you have it properly restrained? No one knows how strong they are. It could either break free if not properly sedated, or hurt its self trying to break free. If you have the knowledge of when and where one will be, please get a really expensive DRD and a FLIR or Thermal with recording capabilities. RECON and observation are your best friends now. Do everyone on this sight a favor and get some footage, if its good, there are some extemely intelligent people on this sight. Restrain yourself and get some good footage. Then, maybe you can come up with a good plan.

This is one of the best pieces of feedback, Spader. I do thank you for your professional thoughts here.

This has been a conundrum for me. I understand as you that where and when is half the recon. Can this be done without military types?

Sure, I plan to get footage- but to not have a plan of capture is painful.

Edited by Sommersby

Guest OntarioSquatch

lol think of it this way. It would be more painful if one of its relatives gets it's hands on you when your dragging that one out.

Well, if you have the resources, I would suggest trying to organize several approaches at once.

Firstly, attempt to capture.

Secondly, be prepared to kill without hesitation. You're taking your own life into your hands here by doing this and you shouldn't have an reservations about killing a Bigfoot if you have to in order to survive. A Bigfoot certainly wouldn't have any such qualms if it thought its young were in imminent danger, and you may regret it, but at least you will live to regret it.

Thirdly, if all else fails, be prepared to record the event in as detailed and high quality fashion as possible.

That way you have all your bases covered. Whatever happens, you're coming away from the encounter with something. Whether it be a corpse, a video, or a living Bigfoot, you will have something.

Also, make sure someone trustworthy knows where you are going so that, just in case you don't end up making it, he can recover your body and materials. The only thing worse then dying in such an attempt would be dying and having any potential evidence lost because of it. May sound morbid, but there you go.

And that is my advice to you. I don't know if you can deliver in what you are saying, but if you can I wish you the best of luck and godspeed.

This is one of the best pieces of feedback, Spader. I do thank you for your professional thoughts here.

This has been a conundrum for me. I understand as you that where and when is half the recon. Can this be done without military types?

Sure, I plan to get footage- but to not have a plan of capture is painful.

so I would look to your local community. Try quietly probing any police or fire fighters that you may know where you live. If you know someone closely that would help. You do need proffesional help, IF YOU WANT TO CATCH ONE. I really do suggest getting as much high quality photographic film before you try and capture a Bigfoot. If you do get the evidence you need, these very same people can help you capture the a full picture of the "battle ground so to speak". Think of this as a military situation. You will need HUMINT,(human intel), possibly arial intel, and a whole lot of time, which you seem to have. If what you say is true, take your time. The entire Bigfoot Community would be enternaly grateuful.

edited for spelling.

Edited by Spader

With all due respect to Spader and others who have stated it, the perceived need for certain elements of SOF in a capture scenario is, in my opinion, a mistake. This isn't a hostage recovery or ******-n-grab. I'm not sure why you'd need some LRRP's when you you know the creature's location within 400 yards as well as the time it's going to be there (unless this a one shot deal, I'm not sure if that has been stated). What I do agree with is the idea of using HD and FLIR video along with DNA traps to hopefully capture enough evidence to pique the interest of professional biologists who routinely capture dangerous wild animals and allow them to do the heavy lifting during bigfoot's next visit. As a military and public safety guy myself, I believe professional wildlife folks are who you should be looking to, not military.

Edited by Bonehead74

s I would look to your local community. Try quietly probing any police or fire fighters that you may know where you live. If you know someone closely that would help. You do need proffesional help, IF YOU WANT TO CATCH ONE. I really do suggest getting as much high quality photographic film before you try and capture a Bigfoot. If you do get the evidence you need, these very same people can help you capture the a full picture of the "battle ground so to speak". Think of this as a military situation. You will need HUMINT,(human intel), possibly arial intel, and a whole lot of time, which you seem to have. If what you say is true, take your time. The entire Bigfoot Community would be enternaly grateuful.

Thanks, Spader. I've thought about using this situation as a recon mission only. I do wish I had the right connections to assemble the proper team now, but patience is needed here. I do have several months of prep time, but I'm surmising that by gathering some physical evidence at this location this time will go along way in gathering the proper extraction team.

As for knowing WHEN and WHERE, why would I tell a stranger that?

New to the forum?! Guess your a stranger as well... So the question is rhetorical, yes? Have you done the requisite homework and read all the books out there? Seen all the TV specials? Chosen a mentor or SME?

New to the forum?! Guess your a stranger as well... So the question is rhetorical, yes? Have you done the requisite homework and read all the books out there? Seen all the TV specials? Chosen a mentor or SME?

Yes, I believe I fit most of this criteria :)

Guest poignant

Taken the bait? I'm sorry you feel this way.

You should be. I'd posted a serious response but in your reply you referred to bf as 'blessed beings' and that they are a 'hairy friend'. So much for serious.

I've given you my thoughts on capturing bf and how you should maybe focus getting HD video as a start. All the best.

Edited by poignant

You should be. I'd posted a serious response but in your reply you referred to bf as 'blessed beings' and that they are a 'hairy friend'. So much for serious.

I've given you my thoughts on capturing bf and how you should maybe focus getting HD video as a start. All the best.

I was being 'cheeky' with the 'blessed' comment...I'm not one of those. I'm far more wanna-be scientist than that :)

Edited by Sommersby

Guest sprayanpray

I understand the capture idea but why? Where are you going to hold the creature at and how are you going to provide medical care plus not to mention how to keep this creature form destroying his new environment after all they are not small.

Also how are you going to decide who will get access and that opens a new can of worms if at that point the Feds get involved over night protective species act and how they can take over.

If you have and area that you can view these creatures you are a fortunate person but remember if you put one down with the proper anesthesiologist. A good blood draw along with hair, skin, nail, and other body fluids can be removed in less that minutes while several video's is being tape of the creature

And if they can implant a snake in the Florida everglades’ with a very small tracking device just think of the Intel you can gather from there movements and future sightings and future encounters of course you will need security as some folks think from the other in the group/tribe member buts that just a thought.

Sommersby, there is no way in hell you will be able to catch an adult Sasquatch alive with out the back up of a major institution, who has the man power, equipment, and money to conduct such an operation. May I suggest that you first try to get clear, not open to interpretation, video or photographic evidence first. Perhaps that would convince some institution that has the resources to at least try.

Thomas Steenburg

• Upvote 1

Get a picture or a video, if you know where and when, this should be easy. Somehow I doubt this will happen though....just sayn'.