Question For Serious Researchers, Biologists, Veterinarians, Etc.

• I think if you look at all of the facets involved in the capture it quickly becomes an insurmountable task. There are far too many unknowns and far too few dollars to even begin to attempt this. Not only attempting to find one of these creatures within a 400 yard perimeter, but being able to quickly immobilize one is not realistic. This is also assuming that the 400 yard area is thickly wooded habitat. Typically, when very large animals are captured/tranquilized, it is within a relatively open area so that nets aren't snagged or darted subjects can't run and hide. The list of hurdles goes on and on, it is just too complex of a task from begining to end no matter how you look at it. Realistically, short of killing one,the only viable option is capturing high definition images of the creature at this stage.

My two cents. Just another wind storm, blowing through the tumbleweeds of the forum.

Professional what ?... Bigfoot hunters or researchers ? I only know of amateurs, that don't know a whole lot about what they would try and attempt to capture. If you are so close and have a reliable area you are seeing these creatures, than bring that proof here .. first. Me.. I can't prove a thing, much less try and formulate some ridiculous plan to capture one.

edited to add

Edited by imonacan

Guest Luckyfoot

Hi Sommersby,

not gonna yank your chain. You seem sincere about your plan.

I really beleive that taking one alive ain't gonna work. Respectfully, you seem to be of limited resources, and as has been mentioned , taking one alive is prolly best attempted with a military style operation , all the bells and whistles.

But let's say for arguments sake , you git er done. That sucker is drugged and netted and in the back of your f350.

Where are you taking it ? Are we assuming that Dr. Meldrum, Law enforcement , Wildlife control, Zoo, army , etc, is going to have a place to keep it ?

No idea how long that sucker will stay down..

Better of dead, dude.

Pop one , have a few friends (chosen more for ability to possibly hoist a BF than IQ) get that in the truck and be gone. Keep an eye out for hostile relatives. Do it FAST.

That's the only realistic scenario I can see happening. Taking one alive is definately going to require industrial/military levels of participation.IMHO.

Best of luck , however it turns out...

Edited by Luckyfoot

When you're successful in sedating a creature, and need to remove it from the woods, I suggest grasping its foot by the heel and tugging real hard.

Or maybe you're already pulling all our collective feet?

Guess I'm questioning your sincerity, a little. You've been at this 25 years but come to the BFF for ideas on securing a bigfoot at 400 yards? Hmm........

• Upvote 1

Secondly, be prepared to kill without hesitation. You're taking your own life into your hands here by doing this and you shouldn't have an reservations about killing a Bigfoot if you have to in order to survive. A Bigfoot certainly wouldn't have any such qualms if it thought its young were in imminent danger, and you may regret it, but at least you will live to regret it.

Morally repugnant. If he wasn't out there jacking with it, it wouldn't try to kill him. Don't use any plan that requires killing an innocent animal. That's just wrong even if you believe it is in the interest of science.

Guest Kronprinz Adam

I'm not going into the specifics of how I know what I know for obvious reasons, but I have discovered WHERE and WHEN one or more Bigfoot will be...within a 400 yards radius...

Hi. I still think we should use some technology (cameras, air drones and blimps) to get some pictures and answers. Some habituation would be also useful (to leave food gifts to encourage Bigfoot to approach to some specific place...and then take the pics or thermal images, but going unnoticed.

I have no idea how to capture some unknown creature which may be faster and stronger than us. I think it simply does not want do be disturbed or detected. Killing one won't be a nice experience (remember Sierra Killings? Big mistake, it seems that some evidence emerged but anyway, sad story).

Greetings.

K. Adam.

Sommersby, had you given any thought to the idea that the gov't may already know about BF but isn't talking?

Here in Minnesota the DNR uses helicopters and FLIR technology to inventory deer populations. If you have seen the ads for FLIR cameras and the like, you know that they work as well in daylight as they do at night-time. On Youtube, Timbergiantbigfoot is a fairly respected 'researcher' that has had some success. He has a video of a police 'copter out in the boonies in his research area, that seemed to be looking for something. Take a look at it.

To me its unrealistic to think that the gov't does not know about BF. They probably already have them classified and if any of the rumor about the Ketchum report is true, they could well have them classified as a human or proto-human. If so your 'operation' might be problematic already, how does 'murder in the first degree' sound?

Here in the US, Indians were not considered human for some time! Fortunately those days are long gone. Additionally, hunting for some creature that is out of hunting season or has no season is called 'poaching'...

Guest toejam

Sommersby,

You come new to this forum making pretentious claims that you have the ability to get close enough to capture a Sasquatch, correct?

You say you have 25 years experience yet your profile says you've never had an encounter. Seems a little odd that someone making claims of this stature wouldn't have at least an incident or more to speak of. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Personally I think it's all a pant load. You come on here starting up several threads looking for answers in how to capture a Sasquatch.

25 years experience?? In the field? Behind a computer? Reading books? Ever had an incident that you know was a Sasquatch? A sighting, a close approach, a vocal incident?

I don't think you have a clue what you're dealing with. Call me cynical but I am.

Morally repugnant. If he wasn't out there jacking with it, it wouldn't try to kill him. Don't use any plan that requires killing an innocent animal. That's just wrong even if you believe it is in the interest of science.

Maybe for you when considering your moral and ethical standards and that is cool so long as you don't try and force those on others who disagree and would have no problem popping a cap on one.

Prove it exists by whatever means. Better if a pulpwood truck or granny on her way to church hits one I guess. I've never killed anything I did not feel a little bad about.

But the Pro-Kill stance is a legitimate one and just because you may be No-Kill personally does not make you morally superior.

I suspect if BF were ever proven that protective measures would quickly follow.

The sacrifice of one seems a miniscule price to pay for substantiation, documentation, and protection.

Maybe for you when considering your moral and ethical standards and that is cool so long as you don't try and force those on others who disagree and would have no problem popping a cap on one.

Prove it exists by whatever means. Better if a pulpwood truck or ganny on her way to church hits one I guess. I've never killed anything I did not feel a little bad about.

But the Pro-Kill stance is a legitimate one and just because you may be No-Kill personally does not make you morally superior.

The sacrifice of one seems a miniscule price to pay for substantiation, documentation, and protection.

That last sentence sums it up perfectly. While I'd rather not see one get killed, I agree with you on that part.

My intention, is not to put down or insult any members here... especially newer ones. However, I feel the need to speak realistically, so other newer people.. can think it all out, and not jump onto the fantasy train. I've come to (what I think is) a reasonable conclusion( in only 4 years of field research), that capturing (or killing) one of these things... is a pipe dream, and laughable, at best. God help the person, that does take one out, in it's habitat, and try and harvest it. I don't think they are seen regular, in places where they are alone, and don't have backup. Everything experienced.. is on There terms , not yours. They can mess with you, and never be seen. It could be on you (if it wanted) before you could ever raise your weapon. If you happen to run head long into, or see one of these things.. it is probably by accident... and you are very lucky (or unlucky..a personal choice). At that time, you will know a little more about what you are dealing with. Those that do know of lairs where these creatures are seen regular, or in habituation situations near their homes.. are Not discussing it, and asking for planned assistance to capture one, on the BFF. They are probably in awe, tying to experience it again, and maybe trying to learn a little more about them. Again, just my two cents.

Prove it exists by whatever means. Better if a pulpwood truck or ganny on her way to church hits one I guess. I've never killed anything I did not feel a little bad about.

I was'nt trying to be morally superior just stating my opinion but my words did come across as being on a high horse and for that I apologize.

I mean, if I were just roaming through the woods and one attacked me I would have no qualms about killing it if I could. But the only other reason I would agree with killing any animal is if you're going to eat it, and I'm not too sure how good BBQ'ed squatch would be.

It's more the premise for killing it that bothers me, "if you're trying to capture it don't hesitate to shoot it". These creatures are so rare I just don't agree with the idea of killing one. And if it is a female you could possibly leave her young abandonded. I myself would rather miss an attempt at capturing one alive than being forced to kill one. I just hope anyone who does attempt a live capture doesn't put themselves in the position to have to kill it and has a plan in place that won't require that.

Also there could be legal ramifications. I know of no laws that would protect a bigfoot but then I don't know the endangered species laws well enough to know there isn't something that could come back and haunt someone who does kill one.

Edited by Rockape

The biggest problem in tranking a Sasquatch is you have to know its weight. Only then can you find the right dosage. A miscalculation will kill it. Also there is drugs used on animals that will instantly kill a human. The genetic make up is rumored to be close to human. You need to find a professional team to pull this off. Other Sas will show up and try to intervene. This forum is really the wrong place to ask this question as many here are dead set against any forced contact with these remarkable creatures. I wish you luck.

Guest shoot1

Sommersby, I'm not sure if you are aware that some people say Sasquatch have "Daywatchers" or scouts/guards who may be aware of your presence (and not vice versa) and if you do manage to put one down, you will have to deal with them. In my experience they can run about 35 mph (give or take a few MPH). This means, if those "daywatchers" were also 400 yards away (which is an unsafe assumption), then they could cover 400 yards in 24 seconds. Unless you have some kind of protection which you haven't mentioned, you'd be dead meat. If you are going to shoot one, rent a good camera and "shoot it" with that. Online camera rental: http://www.borrowlenses.com/

Guest Check

Hi Sommersby

I won't be able to offer any advice as to how you might capture one. I'd imagine it a monumental task to say the least.

But for the sake of argument, let's say you succeed. I'm more intersted in what you plan to do at that point?