Question For Serious Researchers, Biologists, Veterinarians, Etc.

Sommersby:

25 years of researching the creature, yet you're fairly new to BFF, and you haven't quite noticed that the logistics of capturing/killing/transporting a bf has been debated and discussed ad nauseum? I want to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you MUST acknowledge that there are red flags here.

So. You ask for serious answers? Well here goes. Following up on your original post, I don't think there are any practical means of capturing one unless you have access to a market of tranquilizers, netguns, chloroform, etc. That, or have the charisma and influence to organize a team that has access to all those items.

Unless you can cut through red tape like thermite through steel, I'd suggest you are better off readying yourself with a HD camera. Even if you do manage to subdue one, you must have on standby vehicles or men to transport a 500+ lb creature to an extraction point (a juvenile would of course make this task easier). Even then you now risk retaliation from other bigfoots and from your quarry.

One POSSIBLE way is to use your truck as an observation blind. Bigfoot has been known to inspect vehicles, and if your truck has a net deployment system you could snare one within close enough proximity to safely extract the quarry.

It's good that you're asking things on a forum, but don't be surprised if the reality and enormity of executing a task such as capturing bigfoot hits you like freight train.

Thank you, Poignant, for your thoughts. Yes, the task of capturing one of these blessed creatures is truly herculean. That is why I am here. To synergistically come up with an idea to capture one.

I'm hearing a lot of people saying to forget it and just shoot it. That feels like giving up.

As for being new here, the BFF is far newer than I in regards to exploring the cryptic world of our mutual hairy friend :)

Edited by Sommersby

Guest poignant

They are about as blessed as a raccoon or Madagascan hissing cockroach. Bigfoot is not your friend if you're attempting to capture it.

People saying that it should be shot is not giving up, but have already come to the realization that the practicality of moving a bf in pieces is far easier than moving the whole, alive, and livid.

Bigfoot is not my friend, as much as an orangutan or saola is. You need to realize that this is a creature with a family that can and will kill you.

Guest spunout

An interesting philosophical Q. The man believes he has the plan, etc ... Fascinating to read the board replies.

Would you mind sharing how you know where and when they are going to be where you say? I'm interested in how these ones became predictable.

Yes, please do share. It's likely they know where and when YOU'LL be around too.

Shouldn't you give more details as to the terrain, night or day, predictability of direction (pathway), length of time it is in the area, etc.?

Where is Frank Buck when you need him?

As for being new here, the BFF is far newer than I in regards to exploring the cryptic world of our mutual hairy friend :)

The BFF is an internet forum made up of members, many of which have been involved in the bigfoot game far longer than you claim to have been, not to mention the colossal depth and breadth of the collective knowledge gathered here. It's not unsubstantial.

Yes, please do share. It's likely they know where and when YOU'LL be around too.

I came to this forum for some professional help with like-minded believers. I hope to get it so I will press on despite the tone from many....

As for knowing WHEN and WHERE, why would I tell a stranger that? Only when I TRUST someone will I share that which I've researched so hard for. There are several who have PM'd me and approached me in a professional manner about this issue, and I'm looking for those who can help me.

Thank you.

The BFF is an internet forum made up of members, many of which have been involved in the bigfoot game far longer than you claim to have been, not to mention the colossal depth and breadth of the collective knowledge gathered here. It's not unsubstantial.

Yes, but there are clearly a lot of folks on this forums who are not :)

^^Why would you come to strangers for help then? This is a very sensitive topic for alot of people in the field and you've come here like a bull in a china shop with all your posts. And, there are many, many people on here who have researched very hard too.

Your profile also states you've not had an encounter with one. I think if you had, your approach to a "capture" would be entirely different.

Anyway, good luck.

A bull in a china shop with all my posts? Interesting. Do I not have the right as anyone else to pursue the truth? If my tactic offends, it certainly wasn't meant to. As a matter of fact, I'd say I've put up with a lot of crapola for doing nothing at all, wouldn't you?

^^Why would you come to strangers for help then? This is a very sensitive topic for alot of people in the field and you've come here like a bull in a china shop with all your posts. And, there are many, many people on here who have researched very hard too.

Your profile also states you've not had an encounter with one. I think if you had, your approach to a "capture" would be entirely different.

Anyway, good luck.

Since an encounter seems to be criteria for knowledge, can you please share what your approach to 'capture' a BF would be?

I reread your opening post and see what may be causing the disconnect:

If everyone is serious about capturing one alive, where is the plan?

I believe that your assumption that "everyone" wants to capture one is fundamentally flawed. The membership here is extremely diverse and the "capture" proponents are only a subset of the people here. This isn't the CBFF - Capture Bigfoot Forums, after all.

Edited by Bonehead74

^^Nah...sorry. Seems you've taken enough "crapola" already.

Meant for Sommersby's post above.

Edited by bananasquatch

^^Nah...sorry. Seems you've taken enough "crapola" already.

Thank you... because I have :(

Yes, Bonehead74, this is not CBFF...and if you are not someone interested in capturing a Bigfoot then you don't have to respond. I do appreciate what you've said thus far though!