Unique Sighting Report - Ability Of Bf To Hide In Plain Sight

Guest BFSleuth

SSR Team

So statistically,

Trog's stats - 4.70588% = white or gray

Gumshoeeye's stats (using numbers above) - 5.41711% = white or gray

BobbyO, would you care to give us the numbers on Washington state?

For WA I've got 10.5% of actual visual sighting being described as grey/white/yellow (26/226).

Across the continent I've got 9.3% of actual visual sightings being described as grey/white/yellow (96/1002).

Cool, but Jay how can you explain that people are still seeing Sasquatches in the winter, and that the vast majority of them are actually described as dark in colour ?

If they would have winter coats, people wouldn't be seeing dark/black/brown ones in winter would they ?

Why would 79/118 sightingsin winter be described as black/dark/brown and only 9/118 be described as grey/white/yellow if they had light winter coats ?

Excellent questions.  I don't know.  As with some having different colored hair from red to brown to black I assume heredity plays a role.  Maybe BF has different races or genetic dispositions, just like one human sibling can have blond hair and blue eyes while another sibling can have brown hair and eyes.   It takes the right combination of genes.  If you remember from biology class you need the right matching genes from both parents for a multitude of characteristics, and some genes are expressed more dominately, and some are recessive.  Maybe some families of sasquatches are more genetically inclined to have this attribute and others are not.

In the Southwestern U.S. there is the famed "short haired desert sasquatch."  If has short reddish hair.  But that part of the country also has longer haired black ones.  We don't really know how they congregate and intermix.  It's a mystery.   This issue hinges around the Adjacent Worlds video, and I wouldn't even be giving this much thought if he had not found physical evidence of a seasonal hair color change.  Maybe the North American sasquatch is a mix of some Siberian clan who had this attribute and Chinese Yerens or Vietnamese Rock Apes who didn't have this characteristic, and it takes the right combinations of recessive genes for this expression to come out.  It's like hereditary diseases, it takes both parents to have a particular gene, and even then their offspring might have a 1 in 4 chance of developing that disease.  

I can only speculate.  I really don't know why some might change color seasonably and many others don't.  As I've mentioned, it's a lot easier to see a dark one in winter snow than a white one, and maybe there are a lot more white ones in the winter than we realize, and this contributes to seeing more dark ones in winter.  Also, perhaps the genetic disposition of have a seasonal hair color change is in the minority, and that contributes to why we see more dark ones in the winter.  But excellent question.  It all still comes back to what we are seeing in the Adjacent Worlds video.  Is that the explanation for the occasional white sasquatch which seems out of sorts?

Edited by jayjeti

BobbyO,

Might be a regional varience, might be that the eventual inputting of more reports will bring the nation-wide numbers down. 

SSR Team

Well I glanced at that Trog as I had regional variation in my head.

I thought that Southern animals wouldn't necessarily need winter coats and I think that's fair to assume as they don't have the extreme weather as some of the Northern animals would so wouldn't need them, yet we still find white/yellow/grey reports from the Southern States.

There's not many of them though and none that I've found so far have been in Summer, but they are there.

Interesting to note too that the most popular month that "white" is described a cross the board is at the height of summer, in August.

BFF Patron

Agreed, the stats say that, but there are factors that render those stats circumspect.  All I was saying is if you have a 100+ times more people in wilderness areas in the summer than you do in the winter you will see a much higher number of all colors in the summer.  You agree with that.  if you had that many people in the wilderness in the winter you would have a lot more sightings of all colors in the winter as well; so, that 25% figure for summer would likely change drastically, and all i was doing was saying  25% in summer shouldn't be used to represent the real numbers of white sasquatches that could be present year round.  There could be a lot higher percentage of white sasquatches in the winter than in the summer, but since human activity drastically drops in wilderness areas in the winter there is no way to accurately ascertain that.

If you disagree, that's okay.  We can move on to the actual evidence I raise in my article.  It doesn't help if we argue this trivia and never address the Adjacent Worlds video where he finds actual physical evidence of sasquatches changing from white to brown in Spring and brown to white in Fall.

Here's the link again to that article:

http://sasquatchresearchers.org/blogs/bigfootjunction/2014/11/09/evidence-sasquatches-camouflage-their-hairy-coats/

Reality Ghost (broken bottle and hair man) was a member here under the guise of Wilderness Child, premium members may be able to look up his old posts.  He went by the initials RD as I remember and was somehow into martial arts and composing music.  He had a number of odd assertions about things but caught some very strange lights on game cam.  First thing I would want to know before hair color change on demand is how much moon was out that night, with a power failure, guess there were no street lights.  That is a starting point.  I will say a local power failure has been known to others to precipitate BF movement, vocals and the like, I have experienced it myself.  Some thought the shed hair was deer hair as I remember in the discussions on the old forum.  He supposedly also found BF supposedly in a midden or beaver dam and found a suspicious looking boneyard in one of his videos.  His area of operations was Vermont as I remember. 

Edited by bipedalist

I speed scanned this thread and may have missed something. Any 'age' related info as to grey and white hair on an old animal? Age is difficult to determine. One would think that old animals would move slowly.

SSR Team

Off the top of my head Cat, where WA is concerned, there was a grey one spotted twice in the space of a. Few months in the same area of North Eastern WA that was described as looking like " and old man ".

Then there was a white/yellow one seen in the Southern Cascades of WA within the last 5 years that was described as being very small and a juvenile.

There is also reports of big 8ft or do animals on the Olympic Peninsula in the last 10 years that are grey, fully grown adult types.

^^

Cat, also off the top of my head, but feel free to download my Vermont tract for details, there was a brown bigfoot w/gray in its coat seen one year, then I believe 20 or so years later a fully gray bigfoot, same height but limping, seen about 20 miles southwest.  The interesting thing is that in that area there were two clusters of encounters at the time.  The gray limping Bigfoot was all alone, as far from both as he, she, or it could get.  Putting distance between one's potential dinner mates? 

First thing I would want to know before hair color change on demand is how much moon was out that night, with a power failure, guess there were no street lights.  That is a starting point.  I will say a local power failure has been known to others to precipitate BF movement, vocals and the like, I have experienced it myself.  Some thought the shed hair was deer hair as I remember in the discussions on the old forum. 

He saw the hair in daylight, not moonlight, and on the video it was a large amount of white hair on the ground.  I've never seen a white deer, or one with hair that long.

Interesting to note too that the most popular month that "white" is described a cross the board is at the height of summer, in August.

Families vacation a lot then before school starts.  

SSR Team

Absolutely, but if they were winter coats there shouldn't be any whatsoever in the month of August whether more people are in the woods in which case sightings increase or not anyway as August would be both too late to have have shed it from the previous winter and too early to have it coming through ready for the following winter.. ;)

You have a point.  Genetically some might just be white.  But It doesn't rule out that some still might change seasonably and others don't.  We're still faced with the Adjacent Worlds video showing hair cut off to reach a different color in Fall and Spring.

On a side note, gray ones don't say if it is light or silvery or not, it could be a medium or darker gray, and I wonder about lumping gray together with white and blond. 

Edited by salubrious

I would assume that the dark brown/black ones will look "grey" whenever they get white growing in, and the mid brown ones will look "blond".

In these woods, the mid brown and grey would be able to do most effective stump or mossy boulder impressions. Mid-late summer though, when the canopy is thick and the shadows seem deep black in comparison with the brightness of the sun, the black ones would probably be hardest to see.

Though don't forget, in rural, smalltown, farm country, it probably hides best by being man shaped. Those areas where seeing another human is not unusual, that anything people shaped, erring on the side of the odds is 99% likely to be "people". So you're out early in the morning, you see a figure across the field folllowing the hedge/ditch, it's too far to yell hello, but hawkward, it seems to have noticed your interest... so you try a friendly wave... figure waves back... that's settled then, it's people.... completely neglecting that we have the verb "to ape" for a reason... now then, anything primate shaped is smart, anything primate shaped and capable of bipedalism is smarter, have any of these farm country boogers figured out they get hassled less if they wave first??

^^^

Earlier in this thread or another, I listed quite succinctly what I found differing only within a few reasonable plus or minus percentage points with Trog or Bobby O. My work is not empirical nor perfect but if I were to combine the sum total of blonde, gray and white colored reports together it would still demonstrate a far fewer number than black and brown separately or together. Maybe I am missing something but it just isn’t adding up. My one regret is that I did not foresee the importance of noting the season or month  with the color for half of the reports I read, nonetheless I still fail to see how that would have changed the outcome.

Edited by Gumshoeye

What I find puzzling and difficult to gauge is dark. Many, many reports describe the color as being dark, not white, blonde, or gray. Some of them will differentiate by adding somewhere in the report that it looked more brown than black, or more dark than brown and I will decide what they mean. What I have little patience for is a report written in novel form with three pages of writings all run together without breaks for paragraphs. I simply have little patience for that and I won’t read them.   

Also you get the problem that in anything but good light, a dark brown looks black, then in bright sunlight it could even look "chestnut", then if seen coming over ridge with light behind it, the silhoutte would be black but hair could be reported as red, redness and chetnuttiness may also be apparent near sunset.

Another thing is that twilight and full dark messes with our rods and cones and color perception goes awry, twilight greys could be blonds.