Unique Sighting Report - Ability Of Bf To Hide In Plain Sight

Guest BFSleuth

. . . the stats are what the stats are and the stats say that more white (and every other color) Bigfoot are seen in the summer and fall 

Agreed, the stats say that, but there are factors that render those stats circumspect.  All I was saying is if you have a 100+ times more people in wilderness areas in the summer than you do in the winter you will see a much higher number of all colors in the summer.  You agree with that.  if you had that many people in the wilderness in the winter you would have a lot more sightings of all colors in the winter as well; so, that 25% figure for summer would likely change drastically, and all i was doing was saying  25% in summer shouldn't be used to represent the real numbers of white sasquatches that could be present year round.  There could be a lot higher percentage of white sasquatches in the winter than in the summer, but since human activity drastically drops in wilderness areas in the winter there is no way to accurately ascertain that.

If you disagree, that's okay.  We can move on to the actual evidence I raise in my article.  It doesn't help if we argue this trivia and never address the Adjacent Worlds video where he finds actual physical evidence of sasquatches changing from white to brown in Spring and brown to white in Fall.

Here's the link again to that article:

http://sasquatchresearchers.org/blogs/bigfootjunction/2014/11/09/evidence-sasquatches-camouflage-their-hairy-coats/

Edited by jayjeti

Trying to dig up a picture of our back campsite.  The picture you see of the fire in the earlier post, is the front campsite by the house.  Just wanted to show you examples of fog here where BF was.  The later pictures have the weeds cut down. 

This picture was from January 1st 2015.  I am taking it from the back campsite, and the guys are walking out to the field where the sighting was. 

post-23451-0-51339100-1422082034_thumb.j

Edited by Hammer102492

SSR Team

Percentage wise they must be much lower than 25%.  As I tried to explain, because humans are relatively inactive in wilderness areas during the winter, the 25% figure is likely grossly over-inflated, and saying 25% x 4 seasons is not an accurate representation.  I would guess people are 100 times more active in wilderness areas during the summer, and logically speaking the percentage for summer should be a lot greater if  they are white all year.  A white one in summer probably not as difficult to see, but a white one in winter snow is probably the most difficult sasquatch to ever pick out.  25% for summer must be inaccurate. 

If you read my article and watched the adjacent worlds video, what about his claims of finding large amounts of hair that had been cut to get to a different color?  He shows it on the video -- hair with white on one end and dark on the other.  In the Fall he found dark hair cut to reach white, and the spring found white hair cut to reach dark.  It's probably a learned behavior to cut the coat to reach a different color that not all sasquatches engage in.  Maybe there are variables we we don't understand as to why some have white hair beyond the summer solstice in June or before the Fall equinox on Sept. 23.  People are more active in forests in summer and apt to see them more often, and a white one is easier to see.

Before dismissing it due to summer sightings you should explain the obvious change in hair color on the "Adjacent Worlds" video.

I think you're missing the point of what a winter coat is and why and what it is for Jay.

Whether it would be easier to see or not is irrelevant, if these things have white/grey/yellow winter coats then why would they still be that colour in summer ?

If it was a winter coat and it would still be there in summer as the numbers suggest it is, then it's not actually a winter coat, it's what colour they are throughout the year.

And with regards to your first paragraph, I'm a little confused as the 25% figure was for the summer months but you've gone on to talk about the winter and the 25% figure ?

25% of grey/white/yellow ones being seen in the summer isn't inaccurate, in fact it's not even debatable as it's just the number from the reports that have been submitted into the database up until this point, likewise with the 10% winter figure across the country and the 4% figure in WA State.

If they had winter coats that went grey/white/yellow, I struggle to comprehend how 79/118 of winter actual visual sightings are of black/brown/dark/dark brown creatures across the North American continent and how there is only 1 sighting of a grey/white/yellow one in Winter in WA State, in mid March.

All of these numbers are subject to change at any time of course because of new sightings which would alter everything.

There certainly would be variables though you're right, we just don't know enough about these things to say x is y and y is x.

All we can do is work with what we have and every now and again I'll dribble out some info on what we have, assumptions beyond that are just that, assumptions and don't hold much weight IMO.

Jay, i dont believe sasquatch cut their hair to match the season.

With s broken bottle? How are they cutting the hair on their back? Do they get another sasquatch to trim their back hair for them? Comon now...

^^^

If I can wade into this topic for moment I will share what I see.  

After reading this through this thread I took a few moments to jot a few notes down. I am not a part of BFF of the data input team but I do read as many reports as I can get. To the extent to which this reflects... is unclear to me but I will share what I have found FWIW –

I have read exactly 7,384 Bigfoot related reports and roughly 46 percent of those describe height and color, so about 3,404 gave a color within their report.

Reports Read:

Color Variation Breakdown:

Brown 1,537

Black 1,395

Gray 237

White 163

Blonde 73

Reports by Season:

Summer 2,451

Fall 1,817

Spring 1,037

Winter 783

Either way you look at it, that's a lot of hoaxes LoL (said tongue in cheek) ....

Edited by Gumshoeye

SSR Team

This "cutting" thing, how is meant ?

It's not meant as how I'm thinking about it surely IE like cutting with something like scissors, that's not how it's meant is it ?

Please tell me it isn't and I'm just getting confused ?

SSR Team

Ok I watched that adjacent world part 1 video.

I can't begin to comprehend that Sasquatches would cut their own hair with things like broken bottles in order to negotiate certain seasons IE cut their own Winter white hair in the Spring to get browner hair underneath the white.

Not for me.

Ok I watched that adjacent world part 1 video.

I can't begin to comprehend that Sasquatches would cut their own hair with things like broken bottles in order to negotiate certain seasons IE cut their own Winter white hair in the Spring to get browner hair underneath the white.

Not for me.

I'm glad you finally watched the video which was the point of the evidence I alluded to.  If you can't comprehend a sasquatch being able to do that, that's fine.

And with regards to your first paragraph, I'm a little confused as the 25% figure was for the summer months but you've gone on to talk about the winter and the 25% figure ?

25% of grey/white/yellow ones being seen in the summer isn't inaccurate, in fact it's not even debatable as it's just the number from the reports that have been submitted into the database up until this point, likewise with the 10% winter figure across the country and the 4% figure in WA State.

It's real simple.  If you have 100+ times more people in wilderness areas in the summer than you do in the winter then there will be a ton more sightings in the summer.  You comment that year round 25% of all white sasquatches are seen in summer, and 10% in winter.   But if you had an equal amount of people in wilderness areas during the winter making sighting reports I'm sure the percentages would change.  It's that simple.  Sighting reports drastically drop in the winter.  If some do undergo seasonal hair color change we might have a much higher percentage of white sasquatches during the winter, but with so fewer sightings overall in the winter months that's an unknown.  That's all I'm saying.  

Jay, i dont believe sasquatch cut their hair to match the season.

With s broken bottle? How are they cutting the hair on their back? Do they get another sasquatch to trim their back hair for them? Comon now...

Yes, one would have to acquire the assistance of another to cut hair off the back.  That seems to not fit your view of the dumb primate incapable of doing that.  More of you need to actually watch the video you scrutinize showing  the cut off hair and broken bottle found next to it.  He found large volumes of this hair more than once, in Spring cut down to reach brown hair, and in Fall cut down to reach white hair.  Watch the video, and if you don't agree with his assessment that's okay.

Here's a link to the article again.

http://sasquatchresearchers.org/blogs/bigfootjunction/2014/11/09/evidence-sasquatches-camouflage-their-hairy-coats/

SSR Team

It's real simple. If you have 100+ times more people in wilderness areas in the summer than you do in the winter then there will be a ton more sightings in the summer. You comment that year round 25% of all white sasquatches are seen in summer, and 10% in winter. But if you had an equal amount of people in wilderness areas during the winter making sighting reports I'm sure the percentages would change. It's that simple. Sighting reports drastically drop in the winter. If some do undergo seasonal hair color change we might have a much higher percentage of white sasquatches during the winter, but with so fewer sightings overall in the winter months that's an unknown. That's all I'm saying.

Cool, but Jay how can you explain that people are still seeing Sasquatches in the winter, and that the vast majority of them are actually described as dark in colour ?

If they would have winter coats, people wouldn't be seeing dark/black/brown ones in winter would they ?

Why would 79/118 sightingsin winter be described as black/dark/brown and only 9/118 be described as grey/white/yellow if they had light winter coats ?

Edited by BobbyO

So statistically,

Trog's stats - 4.70588% = white or gray

Gumshoeeye's stats (using numbers above) - 5.41711% = white or gray

BobbyO, would you care to give us the numbers on Washington state?

Lots if observations of braiding their hair . I feel their hair color is very much the same as how our hair color varies. It may change over the years but is essentially fixed based on the individual.