Unique Sighting Report - Ability Of Bf To Hide In Plain Sight

Guest BFSleuth

BFF Patron

A couple of things come to mind as I read this.

............  A friend and I were hunting and a buck bounced into a hayfield of waist high grass and dropped to it's belly before we could get off a shot.  I stayed put to direct my friend who walked into the field to scare the buck out and, hopefully, we'd another shot.  I could see the exact spot the deer dropped into.  There was only grass for a hundred yards in each direction.  We never did find that deer.  Of course it moved on it's belly and managed to get away without us seeing it.  My point is, if a stupid deer can do that, why are we surprised when something with some brains pulls it off.

17x7

On a scouting trip as I ascended one ridge I spooked deer that I watched literally crawl or hunched close to the ground going down the opposite ridge covered in laurel and rhododendron.  They could have done the limbo ..... how low can you go.  And I agree, if a deer can pull that kind of stuff off better watch your bigger brained phantoms.  

About 14 years ago when I was still working, I had a service call at the State Capitol building in Helena. I parked my Suburban in a lot across the street from the back of the Capitol. The lot was surrounded on three sides by landscaping, bushes 3 to 5 feet high planted pretty densely together. I grabbed my tool kit, opened the door and as I was stepping down a herd of some 2 dozen whitetails seemed to just materialize out of the brush and head off to the west. The stand of brush was no more than 10 feet deep, it was pretty amazing.

• 2 weeks later...
SSR Team

That's a good one Parkie as it didn't know it was being observed by the witness so what it did could probably be attributed to as near as being possible to natural behaviour that we could have and an indication that they do purposely hide or attempt to hide from humans IMO.

Good find..;)

SSR Team

I'll give you food for though on that then Jay.

In WA State where snow can be pretty heavy, there hasn't ever been a report of a grey/white/yellow Sasquatch in the months of Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb/?

Winter only makes up 4% of all grey/white/yellow sighting reports in WA State.

Fall and Spring however make up 71% of sighting of that colour in WA with 30.5% each, Summer then see's 25% of the sightings.

Across the entire Continent, Winter see's 10% of this coloured Sasquatch, Spring see's 36%, Fall see's 31% and Summer 23%.

Edited by BobbyO

Last year I wrote an article about sasquatches camouflaging their hairy coats which relates to the topic of them being able to effect these changes to stay hidden.  Here is a link to that article:

http://sasquatchresearchers.org/blogs/bigfootjunction/2014/11/09/evidence-sasquatches-camouflage-their-hairy-coats/

I'll give you food for though on that then Jay.

In WA State where snow can be pretty heavy, there hasn't ever been a report of a grey/white/yellow Sasquatch in the months of Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb/?

Winter only makes up 4% of all grey/white/yellow sighting reports in WA State.

Fall and Spring however make up 71% of sighting of that colour in WA with 30.5% each, Summer then see's 25% of the sightings.

Across the entire Continent, Winter see's 10% of this coloured Sasquatch, Spring see's 36%, Fall see's 31% and Summer 23%.

Jay, 

Haven't had a chance to read your article, but kudos for taking the time and effort to explore a topic in a thoughtful manner.  I'll add some stats along the line of BobbyO's: 

In the northeast, only 325 of 680 reports (47.8%) list a color - report takers, please take note and try to be more thorough!

Of those 325, 46 describe Bigfoot as having at least some gray.

(NOTE: Numbers will differ from BobbyO's because I don't use the SSR and many reports which I have in my database are not in the SSR)

For 10 reports, the description describes a base color (usually brown or black) with gray tints or patches. From experience, this sounds like hair color changing with age.  Throw out 4 more where the witness (or witnesses) offered gray as an alternative color - eg., it was black or gray. 

Of the 32 bigfoot described as white or gray, only 4 (12.5%) were seen in the winter, 1 was seen in the spring (3%), 11 in the summer (34%), and 11 in the fall (34%).  Five reports did not include the season or month in which the Bigfoot was seen. 

Jay, 

Of the 32 bigfoot described as white or gray, only 4 (12.5%) were seen in the winter, 1 was seen in the spring (3%), 11 in the summer (34%), and 11 in the fall (34%).  Five reports did not include the season or month in which the Bigfoot was seen. 

Overall there are a lot fewer sightings in the winter than other times of the year due to people being much less active in the outdoors, particularly in parks/wilderness areas, and people who are out, in snowmobiles, dark clothing, etc., are much more noticeable.  Also, in winter snow a white sasquatch is probably more difficult to see than a darker one in warmer months, and even much easier to see if it is a white one when there is no snow.  So, the stats are not surprising and are likely not a true representation of the instances of white sasquatches.  Moreover, if some do exhibit seasonal hair color change some could see that change in the fall, and still exhibit it in early spring.   

Edited by jayjeti

For 10 reports, the description describes a base color (usually brown or black) with gray tints or patches. From experience, this sounds like hair color changing with age.  Throw out 4 more where the witness (or witnesses) offered gray as an alternative color - eg., it was black or gray. 

That's a reasonable assumption, that patches or tints of gray could be hair changing color with age.  I still wonder if in some cases light and dark hair could be a vestige of a seasonal change.  The stats don't include blond sasquatches.   I wonder if some could have seasonal change to either white or blond as opposed to darker colors in other seasons.  Since a lot fewer sasquatches of any color are seen during the colder months of the year, likely due to human inactivity in their habitats, these stats are not the best indicator if some do undergo color changes.

Edited by jayjeti

Fall and Spring could fall in the normal range of a seasonal hair color change.  The evidence I noted in my article was hair cut off in both Fall and Spring.  In the Fall large amounts of dark hair was found that had been cut off to get down to a white color, and in Spring large amounts of hair was found that had been cut off to get down to a darker color.  The man found a broken bottle stuck in the ground next to one pile of hair which he assumed was used to cut the hair.  That bottle later disappeared.  In my article I also noted a family of five white sasquatches with long hair accompanied by one brown one with short hair, which might suggest the dark short haired one had lost its winter coat.  Also, it would be unusual, and I think unknown in the animal kingdom, to have a group of five albinos.  Some white sasquatches have been observed with dark faces; so, that would not be albinism.

SSR Team

I don't believe that if they had winter coats, the summer reports would be up around the 25% mark like they are when we are talking about x 4 seasons.

If they had winter coats, logically speaking, summer reports would be much lower than that.

I don't believe that if they had winter coats, the summer reports would be up around the 25% mark like they are when we are talking about x 4 seasons.

If they had winter coats, logically speaking, summer reports would be much lower than that.

Percentage wise they must be much lower than 25%.  As I tried to explain, because humans are relatively inactive in wilderness areas during the winter, the 25% figure is likely grossly over-inflated, and saying 25% x 4 seasons is not an accurate representation.  I would guess people are 100 times more active in wilderness areas during the summer, and logically speaking the percentage for summer should be a lot greater if  they are white all year.  A white one in summer probably not as difficult to see, but a white one in winter snow is probably the most difficult sasquatch to ever pick out.  25% for summer must be inaccurate. 

If you read my article and watched the adjacent worlds video, what about his claims of finding large amounts of hair that had been cut to get to a different color?  He shows it on the video -- hair with white on one end and dark on the other.  In the Fall he found dark hair cut to reach white, and the spring found white hair cut to reach dark.  It's probably a learned behavior to cut the coat to reach a different color that not all sasquatches engage in.  Maybe there are variables we we don't understand as to why some have white hair beyond the summer solstice in June or before the Fall equinox on Sept. 23.  People are more active in forests in summer and apt to see them more often, and a white one is easier to see.

Before dismissing it due to summer sightings you should explain the obvious change in hair color on the "Adjacent Worlds" video.  

Overall there are a lot fewer sightings in the winter than other times of the year due to people being much less active in the outdoors - that's one theory, perhaps the Bigfoot are also much less active - , particularly in parks/wilderness areas, and people who are out, in snowmobiles, dark clothing, etc., are much more noticeable - again, a theory, but people hiking while lauhging an talking and stepping on every downed branch are likely just as noticeable to animals.  Also, in winter snow a white sasquatch is probably more difficult to see than a darker one in warmer months, and even much easier to see if it is a white one when there is no snow.  That's not necessarily so - a dark animal that's backlit or a few feet into the woodline would be just as difficult to see. So, the stats are not surprising and are likely not a true representation of the instances of white sasquatches. There's no way of knowing at this point whether the stats under-count white Bigfoot as you are assuming or if they overcount white Bigfoot - even if they undercount, two different sets of stats come up with <10% of the population being white or gray.  That's a big leap to just assume that "there must be more."   Moreover, if some do exhibit seasonal hair color change some could see that change in the fall, and still exhibit it in early spring.   

Percentage wise they must be much lower than 25%.  As I tried to explain, because humans are relatively inactive in wilderness areas during the winter, the 25% figure is likely grossly over-inflated,   - the 25% is only the percentage of white Bigfoot; overall, the number of white (or gray) bigfoot is small compared to the overall number - and saying 25% x 4 seasons - he's not saying that, the stats are what the stats are and the stats say that more white (and every other color) Bigfoot are seen in the summer and fall - is not an accurate representation.  I would guess people are 100 times more active in wilderness areas - particularly in the northeast US, Bigfoot encounters are limited to wilderness areas, so a great many people are out and about in the winter - during the summer, and logically speaking the percentage for summer should be a lot greater if  they are white all year.  The percentage of white Bigfoot seen in the summer is a lot greater than the percentage of white Bigfoot seen in the winter, so logically, some Bigfoot may be white all year.  A white one in summer probably not as difficult to see, but a white one in winter snow is probably the most difficult sasquatch to ever pick out.  25% for summer must be inaccurate. Why? The stats are what they are.  You can't assume that witnesses are only forgetting to mention hair color when its white or gray. 

If you haven't visited the Media forum lately, you may have missed the excellent six part series of articles being published in the Yakima Herald.

The fifth article - True Believers: People of all types are certain they have encountered Sasquatch - has a very interesting sighting report of a man recollecting watching a BF for a long period of time in his rifle scope:

"GIANT IN THE CROSSHAIRS: Kevin Jones was only 16, in his third year of hunting in the Blue Mountains with his father, when he espied something through the scope of his high-powered rifle.

Jones had been waiting as his father moved the elk from the other side of Buck Ridge up over the saddle. When the elk reached the top of the draw, they were briefly startled — perhaps seeing or smelling the creature, Jones said, but then “just relaxed and continued on like he was nothing.â€

After the elk passed, the creature squatted when it became alerted to two hunters coming over the saddle. “It just turned away, without moving its feet … pivoted his upper body and curled forward and just looked like a stump sitting there.â€

The hunters became alerted as they got to within 15 feet of the creature, Jones said, as if they “smelled something or saw something. I swear to God they looked right at him. And then all of a sudden they just totally relaxed — like a kid playing with a boy loses interest and drops the toy.â€

That's intense!  Thank you so much for posting that.  WOW! 

The part that got me, was when the elk, and the hunters, for that matter, relaxed and went on with their business. 

The reason that got me is that, when I had my sighting, I was taking pictures of horses that were close to me.  Cliff, and others asked me if the horses reacted at all.  I said no.   They were just eating whatever on the ground, swishing their tales.  They were even pointed in that direction.  I was close to them on the road with the car.  I had the music playing, so I know the horses heard it.  Didn't see the SSQ until I looked forward to drive ahead.  It was in a mid air leap.  Didn't see it start the motion, and it landed somewhere from the hill, into the woods, in the air, over the road.  I didn't see where it landed.  It was a peaceful, slow motion, moment in time.  I looked up and there it was, in a mid air leap across the small country road.  The horses didn't care in the least.  I didn't notice anything before.  It was 240 feet ahead of me, just before a bend in the road. 

Thank you to the witness, and thank you for posting that report.  That's awesome right there, I don't care who you are.  :)

Going back to read the rest of the thread. 

Edited by Hammer102492

Here's a BFRO report from our back yard.  We all could have seen it.  It was hiding in the weeds and fog, and only one of us saw it.  Two of us heard her ask, "What's that?!"  Didn't see anything.  We weren't paying very good attention though, and we didn't know her well at the time.  We were focused on the Milky Way, she was looking the other direction at the Big Dipper. 

http://bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=42120

She was from the city.  A neighbor of my sister-in-law.  She didn't know anything about Bigfoot in Ohio.  She thought that we were trying to play a trick on the new girl.  It wasn't until later that she found out about my sighting 3 months earlier.  That's when she unloaded about what she saw. 

It killed me because we were all RIGHT THERE!  We all could have seen it if I payed better attention.  I took a brief glance, so did another friend of ours, and didn't see anything.  We had been canoeing all day.  Second day of camp trip in our back yard, at a new campsite we had opened up the day before. 

We all got up and left the cover of our campsite and walked into the field 100 feet away.  Maybe all the BBQing and laughing and music drew them in.  Maybe we were just camped out in his choke point for deer.  We set it up that way.   Maybe as we all got up at the same time and moved, he bolted, and he was busted in the field hoping that we wouldn't see him.  One of us did. 

The cocker spaniel dog she was holding, didn't react at all.  She saw the upper 1/3 of it.  She acted weird after that, skittish and scared.  She didn't mention anything about seeing a BF.  She wanted the torches lit by the tent.  Then the coyotes started a nice big howl.  She almost lost it.  I laughed, like yeah, it's cool to hear!  I was used to it.  I just thought that she was a city girl that didn't camp in the country much.  The next morning, I got down to the campsite at 10am, she was already packed up and gone. 

We know her well now.  It freaked both of us out.  After I heard that one was in my back yard, I didn't get off the porch for a month and a half and it took me a long time to get over it.  Half of me was like MAN, we ALL could have seen it!!!!!    SERIOUSLY!  Listen to the quiet ones.  They know things.  The other half of me was OMG they're in my BACK YARD!!   I had taken the advice of the investigators that what I saw 3 months ago, a few miles down the road, could be a once in a lifetime event, and it had been quiet here, so I never thought that they would show up in my back yard!   

Anyway, this report is a very good example of how they can hide in plain sight.  Great thread. 

Here is a picture that I took a week after Jen's sighting,  to show how tall the weeds were and how the fog rolls in.   It was SO close and I missed it.  Didn't think to be looking in my back yard.  Didn't see it through the fog.  Our eyes were focused on the Milkey Way.  She said that she let her eyes focus on that area.  Maybe that was the difference. 

You can see the picture she drew on her report.  We all laughed at her depictions of us.  It was a fun night. 

That night changed her life, and it changed mine.  Her reaction was so real, and so familiar.  The difference is that she can go back to Cleveland, and I had to live here knowing that it was in my back yard.  It took some time to feel comfortable walking around here again. 

But that's how they do it. 

I just got used to the fact that they were here, and I'll never know it.   We have a lot of windows in this house and I spend a lot of time outside.  If they want me to see them, I will.  The chances of me catching them off guard, are slim.  But it happened!   :)

>>Edited for grammar and added a link to BFRO<<

post-23451-0-54059500-1422080004_thumb.j

post-23451-0-17121700-1422080121_thumb.j

post-23451-0-79986400-1422080160_thumb.j

Edited by Hammer102492