Unique Sighting Report - Ability Of Bf To Hide In Plain Sight

Guest BFSleuth

^^ Nice to see you back!

BFF Patron

So BF purposely turn themselvs in blobsquatches and we wonder why photos are always blurry? :scratchhead:

An ex-Skunk Works chief says that UFO exteriors are blurry to the camera when their anti-gravity propulsion system is turned on.   Works for me, lol.  

Edited by bipedalist

perhaps then  the scientific name when established officially will be "blurrious kodakius" (yeah, too much warner bros. as a kid )

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of things come to mind as I read this.

1.  It is amazing how changing one's shape contributes to camouflage.  My father hunted deer wearing a camo poncho and hat.  When he sat down, he became a bump on the ground or a bush.  No legs or arms to give a visible human outline.  We tend to look for shapes and colors of what we expect to see.  On different occasions he sat in the shade of a sapling beside a trail as animals moved VERY close to him.  Once, he sat as a pair of coyotes stood inches from him.  The male looked around Dad's head to see what was behind him.  If BF curls up and changes it's shape, it becomes even harder to recognize because we aren't looking for bushes, rocks, or stumps.

2.  I have twice 'lost' deer that were within feet of me.  A friend and I were hunting and a buck bounced into a hayfield of waist high grass and dropped to it's belly before we could get off a shot.  I stayed put to direct my friend who walked into the field to scare the buck out and, hopefully, we'd another shot.  I could see the exact spot the deer dropped into.  There was only grass for a hundred yards in each direction.  We never did find that deer.  Of course it moved on it's belly and managed to get away without us seeing it.  My point is, if a stupid deer can do that, why are we surprised when something with some brains pulls it off.

17x7

• Upvote 2

Hey 17x7 - Yep,.....was hog hunting this past weekend and was again, amazed with how quietly those big creatures can move through brush....slipping away silently,

giving only an occasional glimpse of movement.....that is when they're aware that you're in close proximity.  Most wild animals are on automatic....but some are more wary.  No surprise to me that even a giant one could do the same.

You've probably discussed this before..........is that 17x7 your avatar?

I once found a 17" x 7" track in a mole hill while hunting.  I didn't have a camera with me.  The photo I use for my avatar is just a footprint left by somebody in some mud here in Africa.  I wish is was the real shot.  Maybe someday I'll find another one.

17x7

SSR Team

A couple of things come to mind as I read this.

1.  It is amazing how changing one's shape contributes to camouflage.  My father hunted deer wearing a camo poncho and hat.  When he sat down, he became a bump on the ground or a bush.  No legs or arms to give a visible human outline.  We tend to look for shapes and colors of what we expect to see.  On different occasions he sat in the shade of a sapling beside a trail as animals moved VERY close to him.  Once, he sat as a pair of coyotes stood inches from him.  The male looked around Dad's head to see what was behind him.  If BF curls up and changes it's shape, it becomes even harder to recognize because we aren't looking for bushes, rocks, or stumps.

2.  I have twice 'lost' deer that were within feet of me.  A friend and I were hunting and a buck bounced into a hayfield of waist high grass and dropped to it's belly before we could get off a shot.  I stayed put to direct my friend who walked into the field to scare the buck out and, hopefully, we'd another shot.  I could see the exact spot the deer dropped into.  There was only grass for a hundred yards in each direction.  We never did find that deer.  Of course it moved on it's belly and managed to get away without us seeing it.  My point is, if a stupid deer can do that, why are we surprised when something with some brains pulls it off.

17x7

Absolutely spot on.

It's probably covered earlier in the thread as i've thought about this for years, but when you add a normally dark upright something to a sea of tree's like what a forest is, then your eyes are only ever seeing another tree especially where your peripheral vision is concerned.

These things might not even be the masters of camo that many think they are, they might not actually need to be.

I once found a 17" x 7" track in a mole hill while hunting.  I didn't have a camera with me. 

Did you find that in Africa??

No, in the Cascades in Oregon some years back.  Moved to Uganda back in '09.  Before that, I resided in Oregon.

Africa has known large primates, but seems fresh out of BF.  Now, friends tell me DR Congo has dinos, but that's not for this forum.  :)

17x7

Dinos?!! Hate to come home and find that one had eaten half the sofa.

That's pretty cool!

• 1 month later...