Giant Skeletons

Guest OntarioSquatch

Guest Cervelo

Not sure about the rest of you folks but my take from JDLs post was some remains of some tall people were found (mostly likley NA).

Improperly handled and dispersed then the 6' to 7' tall people became "giants" over time.

Now here we are present day with a conspiratorial theroy suggesting they might be Bigfoot because of lack of information and desire to fill in the blanks.......thats redicules!

Guest poignant

You're right about the improperly handled part, though what I find even more ridiculous is the absence of academic discussion on the matter.

^^^ I have to agree.... when it comes to evidence, no academic seems interested in looking at it. Nice pic of the Rock Ape btw. :) I can see now where the GI's thought it looked like it was wearing a tuxedo.

Cervelo, I must also agree with the mishandled part, but having been near an area where others were found I KNOW better. No disrespect to you as you have proven yourself a great member here on the forums via other subjects/posts.

Guest Cervelo

A,

All good with me!

I'm not disputing that something of interest was found at all.

As with any story it tends take on a life of its own over time and the facts get a little blurry.

But I do have a problem, just like Bigfoot that a race of giants has been swept under the rug by some nefarious conspiracy to hide the giants and or Bigfoot from the public.

I believe in conspiracies but not in the traditional sense.... I call them conspiracy by default, when you get a bunch of like minded people together they can sometimes do some awesome things or some really horrible things just by going with the flow.

Edited by Cervelo

Oh, agreed! Fishing stories are synonymous with such phenomenon :) We're just amazed at the selective hearing and vision science has had.

Guest poignant

When councils of intelligent men gather, the ideas which favor them are called 'strategy'.

To others who stand not to benefit, it would be called 'conspiracy'.

^^^ I have to agree.... when it comes to evidence, no academic seems interested in looking at it. Nice pic of the Rock Ape btw. :) I can see now where the GI's thought it looked like it was wearing a tuxedo.

WesT I counted three arrows up which indicates AaronD's post.

If you were referring to my post, I say thank you very much. My profile pic is that of a skinned and plastinated gorilla showing skeletal muscle anatomy, the same method responsible for the Body Worlds exhibition. Anatomy and biomechanics are topics I like to lightly dabble in.

... when you get a bunch of like minded people together they can sometimes do some awesome things or some really horrible things just by going with the flow.

But who controls the flow.....?

I don't have too much trouble believing that a tribe of 7+ ft tall people could exist because they do and I can take you to visit them in South Sudan. Basketball fans may remember Manute Bol, who was from this tribe (the Dinka) and at 7' 7" was not considered abnormally tall. Last time I was in S. Sudan I was talking to a group of men that were in the 6' 6" range when a Dinka joined the group and no one else even reached his shoulders.

17x7

Not sure about the rest of you folks but my take from JDLs post was some remains of some tall people were found (mostly likley NA).

Improperly handled and dispersed then the 6' to 7' tall people became "giants" over time.

Now here we are present day with a conspiratorial theroy suggesting they might be Bigfoot because of lack of information and desire to fill in the blanks.......thats redicules!

Accurate. Though the mummies had a significant amount of body hair where their skin was exposed, they were also wearing coarse clothing. The archeological report also records a wide variety of artifacts.

Guest gerrykleier

I don't have too much trouble believing that a tribe of 7+ ft tall people could exist because they do and I can take you to visit them in South Sudan. Basketball fans may remember Manute Bol, who was from this tribe (the Dinka) and at 7' 7" was not considered abnormally tall. Last time I was in S. Sudan I was talking to a group of men that were in the 6' 6" range when a Dinka joined the group and no one else even reached his shoulders.

17x7

As a Warriors Fan with Season Tickets during that era, ther is no way I could FORGET Manute!

GK

Guest poignant

Good link. We're not just talking about 7' people here, but people which are many standard deviations above the human average.

Yeah, like 12 footers. Which I can't imagine looking up that far at a face. Steve quayle has some really sensational material including pictures of up to 36 foot tall skeletons...of course, believe at your own discretion.

Edited by AaronD