Giant Skeletons

Guest OntarioSquatch

Scientists have no problem whatsoever with anomalous artifacts

Phoenecian and Roman artifacts in the US, the Kensington Rune Stone (now demonstrated NOT to be a hoax), axes and other artifacts found in coal seams...the list goes on and on.

A science testbook would be an east thing to rewrite. Science frequently changes the statements it makes when new data comes along. There is every possibilty that these mysterious giants are nothing unusual at all. Anthropologists would certainly examine any relevent material and make the necessary adjustments to the text books. Any anthropologist who examined giant human bones and wrote about them would be quite famous and possibly have a more lucrative career to boot. There is no reason for science to cover up such a find.

Careers have been ruined for less.

Very few scientists are unduly pressured to keep their mouths shut. A scientist can make his or her career by finding and describing evidence that disproves the status quo.

So the professor who found pre-Clovis human tools in Mexico didn't almost have her career ruined? That would be news to her.

If a museum has such material and they have not brought them to the attention of anthropologists then they have only themselves to blame. They would be the ones controlloing anything at all. The probability that the material would not stand up to examination has to be considered. If it was real then there wouldn't be any reason to hide it now would there?

Yes there would: to preserve the current "orthodoxy", the body of knowledge as is currently accepted, and on which scientists have made many assumptions and declarations.

Science is not a single entity. There are thousands of scientists out there and you are suggesting they are all in on this? Selective hearing is usually discovered by scientists. They all have their own agendas and would very willingly blow apart someone elses work if they had the material to do it. More often than not the ones with the selective hearing or vision are the nonscientists who flock to far-out ideas.

Of course they are not all "in on it". There are brave individualists who challenge the orthodoxy, often at great personal and professional cost.

And often, those challenges to the current "orthodoxy" are proven to be correct.

Actually, it gives "science" a bad name.

And often, those challenges to the current "orthodoxy" are proven to be correct.

After a long, bloody and protracted fight...odd how people who are supposed to be the most intellectual among us are the LEAST open-minded on so many issues.

Actually, it gives "science" a bad name.

Scientists and the institution of Science, certainly..."science" like a "gun" or a "machine" is a neutral thing. One that can be and is misused.

I know I get sloppy sometimes and use the simple term "Science" when I should take the time to say "Scientific institution" or similar...

I know I get sloppy sometimes and use the simple term "Science" when I should take the time to say "Scientific institution" or similar...

"Scientific Community" works for me. :rolleyes:

Antfoot,

With regard to the red hair on the torso and limbs, that was from personal observation. I've seen similarly thick hair on some people - the kind that makes you go "ewww, put on a shirt".

I posted a scan of the archeological report in a previous thread on this topic.

LOL JDL, I have to say when I read your posts, especially the one where you so generously articulated the archeological facts about the giants in the cave and the atlatls; owing to your avatar, I couldn't help hearing the words (in my mind) in Forrest Gump's slow and simple voice :)

Guest Peter O.

Phoenecian and Roman artifacts in the US, the Kensington Rune Stone (now demonstrated NOT to be a hoax)

Got links?

You guys ever hear the one about how the 9th century may never have existed, because a smaller correction was made during the Julian->Gregorian calendar switch than would have been required if there had been a 9th century?

edit: The Rune Stone wouldn't be *that* surprising, given that the Norse sailed to America.

Edited by Peter O.

Got links?

You guys ever hear the one about how the 9th century may never have existed, because a smaller correction was made during the Julian->Gregorian calendar switch than would have been required if there had been a 9th century?

edit: The Rune Stone wouldn't be *that* surprising, given that the Norse sailed to America.

Sorry to do DVD links, but they were easy to find, and my time is limited. DVDs of History Channel presentaitons:

http://www.amazon.com/Holy-Grail-America-~/dp/B002PTVMWY

Long and the short of it, new information about the writing on the Runestone demonstrates that it definitely ties to Medival Europe, and the Knights Templar and their monastic descendents, information that the farmer who found the stone could NOT have known about to incorporate into a hoax. It also uses forensic evidence to demonstrate that the stone was marked and burried for many centuries BEFORE it's discovery.

:

http://shop.history.com/who-really-discovered-america-dvd/detail.php?p=292564

Another good one talking about various historical peoples who may have been to the Americas who are generally considered NOT to have been

Guest Peter O.

Thanks, Mulder. Maybe I'll find it on Netflix. Did read the Wikipedia article though, which doesn't go into any details about the dating of the carvings.

• 2 months later...

Madison, if you're refering to the green arrow up it's on the right side of the boxes of others' posts. We can't "like" our own posts tho ;)

• 2 weeks later...