Operation Persistence

Quote AaronD: "A simple ape or other animal less advanced than us would not have eluded us this long or successfully."

This has been clear to some of us for a while. On his own turf, he's way ahead of us.

But there is another option, metaphysical one. Bigfoot eludes us with off-the-charts, dumb luck.

Genetically Lucky Ape. :sarcastichand:

But how is it factual information about bigfoot if none of it has been matched to an actual bigfoot? Do you see the conundrum?

Yeah, I see the conundrum, I just think we see it from 2 different places

I think that we can build a whole piece by piece, whereas you want the whole so we can make sure we've got the right pieces.

Fair enough, I'd like the whole straight up too - in the meantime I'm working on the pieces.

Re: the verification of the TBRC work, obviously I don't know the details of all their work (I'd like to see what they do put forward at the conference) - but the confirmation can only be there if the groundwork's solid (and factual).

Eg: last night I was reading a report on their site about analysis of several hairs found on site at the location of Operation Persistance. Most were ruled out as racoon, but several were unidentified. I'm in Australia - I've found hairs a few times in research areas, most id'd as possum, but some unidentified - they're not a complete match for the TBRC hairs, but they do share some characteristics with hairs from other US researchers. Likewise audio - if I get something on tape that sounds pretty similar to something from a US researcher, then the chances are pretty good it's not a coyote. Could be a dingo/dog hybrid, but it's not a 'yote, which is why I've sent a couple of clips to Southern Yahoo over the years.

Neither of the two examples above are confirmation, but they are partial verification in a sense - and only possible if someone's actually working on the 'pieces'.

Hope that ramble made some sense - I'm not saying you're wrong, but I don't think you're the only right either.

Xmod with 7,700 posts, posting ~ LOL ~ That's funny about your wife speaking up like that, it's cool to take this subject with some humor, it will otherwise just eat ya up.

As for part two ~ I don't see how some ape could be smarter than us.

Definitely not; the evidence, to me, doesn't back it up.

What the problem is is that we're so smart - or that we think we are. Every time nature reminds us we don't know it all, we're right back to thinking we do within three weeks. Or days, whichever.

The reports give me a picture of an animal we are constantly tripping over. Imagine a banana peel, right in the middle of the floor. You slip on it; fall down - WHAM! - yell hey everybody! Banana peel! They all laugh at you. You get up, start walking out. Before you reach the door you hear it again - WHAM!...

Edited by DWA

Guest RedRatSnake

Definitely not; the evidence, to me, doesn't back it up.

Hey! we agree on something ~ Yahooooooo

Well we have been doing a lot of tripping the past few hundred years ain't we.

Tim :)

Hey Bipto,

I just thought of an interesting idea. The TBRC should launch, "SKEPTIC RAFFLE 2013!!!" What you could do is put all these guys' names in a hat (willingly of course), and take one lucky winner with you for a weekend at Area X. They could be considered an imbedded reporter for the BFF and could report back any events that occur while they are there. A couple of pant crapping nights of cabin rattling, and rock pelting action might open some eyes. Just sayin. jk

Hey Bipto,

I just thought of an interesting idea. The TBRC should launch, "SKEPTIC RAFFLE 2013!!!" What you could do is put all these guys' names in a hat (willingly of course), and take one lucky winner with you for a weekend at Area X. They could be considered an imbedded reporter for the BFF and could report back any events that occur while they are there. A couple of pant crapping nights of cabin rattling, and rock pelting action might open some eyes. Just sayin. jk

Seconded. But I'd go longer, a week at least. You might not run into anything in two nights.

But you know, since they aren't real, a week in that cabin alone should be no problem, right?

Bipto is a self-proclaimed skeptic, why would they need another one?

Clearly Bipto is doing a psychological experiment to see how willing the Footers are to believe the stuff he is presenting.

His paper will probably be released in 2014.

Dragging another skeptic down there (because Drew is correct, the group is already full of skeptics) would be useless (though, I admit, potentially entertaining). Either the representative skeptic will observe or experience something or he won't. If he does, it's easily explained away as TBRC hoxery or those wiley hillbillies. If he doesn't, it's proof that the TBRC is full of jackrabbits jumping at squirrels in trees.

Guest OntarioSquatch

It boggles the mind that rational people think this purported creature can rival human civilization and avoid detection with *superior intelligence*.

They don't necessarily have to be more intelligent than us to outsmart us in their own environment. There's a pretty big gap of intelligence between us and other animals. Maybe they fit somewhere there. I've heard of how well Gorilla's can avoid us. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they are something like gorilla's except closer to man.

Guest RedRatSnake

That argument is pretty old, the entire globe is our environment, maybe with the exception of the ocean, not much we haven't figured out, a beast like BF would be easy pickings.

Also with all the wars on this planet, you figure one would have been bagged and tagged, we have only reports but that's it, gotta make one wonder some.

Tim

Edited by RedRatSnake

They are smart, but there's no reason to think they're smarter than orangs or chimps. That's very smart on the scale of all animal intelligence.

Snake, what you're saying sounds a lot like "we humans have been everywhere and seen everything so how can there still be things like bigfoot out there?"

Regarding the wars thing, there's this: http://www.bigfooten...m/sbs/vanch.htm

Edited by bipto

Guest RedRatSnake

I think there is no place left to hide for a BF creature, especially one that lives so close with humans, I remember that article or one very like it from Russia, again no body to study just another report with no way to verify.

Tim