Operation Persistence

Snake, what's your experience in the North American wilderness? With all due respect, there are massive areas on our continent where an animal with the smarts of an orang could stay relatively hidden if it wanted to. I say "relatively" because, of course, there are thousands of reports of sightings and other encounters. They're hiding, but have a hard time saying hidden.

Was driving in Carolton Tx just last night. Coyote was on the sidewalk.

Interesting considering where it was. Amazing the adaptation this creature has made to survive in very urban environments.

Guest RedRatSnake

Snake, what's your experience in the North American wilderness? With all due respect, there are massive areas on our continent where an animal with the smarts of an orang could stay relatively hidden if it wanted to. I say "relatively" because, of course, there are thousands of reports of sightings and other encounters. They're hiding, but have a hard time saying hidden.

Honestly I have only lived in Colorado Springs for two years while in the Army, I have however traveled across the US a few times so I know there is a lot of wilderness out there, sure they could stay hidden out that way, but what about reports around my way, Cape Cod, Ma. that is why I stay skeptical, it is so developed around this way, a BF could not do the things some seem to be pushing.

So that leaves us believing in what? BF is just a North American or is he also rural as some suggest, I won't even get into their being different species of this critter, that is just too much, IMHO

Tim :)

Yeah, I'm not going to venture too far out with regard to encounter reports from New England or other areas of the northeast. There's just not enough known about how big a range these things would need to be able to make an educated assessment of how viable that area of the country could be. Reports come in, some seem credible. That's as far as I'd go with it.

Guest OntarioSquatch

sure they could stay hidden out that way, but what about reports around my way, Cape Cod, Ma.

You probably know this already, but not all Bigfoot reports are authentic. There are 6 public BFRO reports that happened within a 50 mile radius of Cape Cod. Why lose faith because of just those 6 that happen to be near city's. In Washington state you can find almost a hundred BFRO reports that happened within a 50 mile radius. And it's almost all forest.

Edited by OntarioSquatch

Guest RedRatSnake

It's not a matter of faith, just a need for concrete evidence, like you I have friends that have seen something, I would like to find out what's going on, that's why I like this subject, I cannot commit to something I have not witnessed, I won't push my opinion on anyone but, I will question things, cause we all need to know what's really happening and what's not.

For what it's worth, I had a blowout and got mad, it's in the past, I would like to move on.

Guest RedRatSnake

Yeah, I'm not going to venture too far out with regard to encounter reports from New England or other areas of the northeast. There's just not enough known about how big a range these things would need to be able to make an educated assessment of how viable that area of the country could be. Reports come in, some seem credible. That's as far as I'd go with it.

Trying to understand this BF thing is tricky when you add it altogether, if it was just a pacific northwest phenomenon it would be easier to piece together, of course I don't put much or any stock into the BFRO reports, one of the things I learned on the old forum after listening to many members that had experience with that organization, other than their reports you never hear of BF anything around this way, no one gives it a thought.

Here is a report that I have always got a kick out of, it should not be a BF report at all, I have many customers in this area and know it well, it's really well developed and a super rich area, Boston bank presidents and CEOs, big shot businessmen, the richest women in Mass lives here, no big forests just scatted wooded acreage here and there, the key thing about this and I think it is funny, "Stephen Tyler Of Aerosmith" also lives close by.

report #20670

YEAR: 2000

SEASON: Fall

MONTH: November

DATE: 25

STATE: Massachusetts

COUNTY: Plymouth County

LOCATION DETAILS: Between 3A and Old Oaken Bucket Road in the woods that separates them.

NEAREST TOWN: Scituate

NEAREST ROAD: 3A (Chief Justice Cushing Highway)

I could hear coyotes howling for a good few minutes from a distance and didn't think much of it. Then a few minutes later after it had stopped, I was about to walk inside and heard this loud wailing coming from the woods. It literally sent a chill down my spine. It definitely was not human and not anything else I would recognize.

Either the representative skeptic will observe or experience something or he won't. If he does, it's easily explained away as TBRC hoxery or those wiley hillbillies. If he doesn't, it's proof that the TBRC is full of jackrabbits jumping at squirrels in trees.

Or, if there's no objection to the skeptic bringing some firepower, they may end the mystery by bagging a squatch/hoaxer.

RayG

BFF Patron

Quote AaronD: "A simple ape or other animal less advanced than us would not have eluded us this long or successfully."

This has been clear to some of us for a while. On his own turf, he's way ahead of us.

But there is another option, metaphysical one. Bigfoot eludes us with off-the-charts, dumb luck.

Genetically Lucky Ape. :sarcastichand:

How about Genetically Opportune Great Ape/Hominid (or hominin) with Great Frontal Lobes! :sarcastichand:

Edited by bipedalist

RRS: I have a similar problem in my area...

While there ARE sightings that I find plausible, there are two that bear mentioning:

http://208.109.31.18...rt.asp?id=25582

Completely NOT credible, considering the year, and the development of this area within the last ten years.

This one, however:

http://208.109.31.18...rt.asp?id=26581

Only eight miles up the coast from the prior one...But look at the year. At that time, in that place? MUCH more plausible, despite how close they are geographically.

The others in my county are ALL in areas I find plausible: Mixed farm and wilderness, with corridors to larger wilderness. My county is the western edge of the Green Swamp region, which has had many sightings over the last few decades.

Edited because I forgot east from west ;-)

Edited by Smitty in Florida

Guest RedRatSnake

Notice the investigator was the same, and the amount of expeditions she has been on, I'll call that pretty pro BFRO, I hope she gets a discount, funny on the first investigation report she goes to the sight and sees a BF ~ how come it ain't that easy for other folks. lol

About BFRO Investigator Cathy Betz:

Cathy has been a nurse for over 27 years and currently works in a busy ICU. An amateur naturalist, Cathy has been intrigued by the bigfoot phenomenon from an early age.

Attended the following expeditions:

- The 2006 Florida Expedition

- The 2007 North Carolina Expedition

- The 2008 South Florida Expedition

- The 2008 North Florida Expedition

- The 2009 Central Florida Expedition

- The 2009 Utah Expedition

- The 2010 TN Survey Expedition

- The 2011 East Texas Expedition

-The 2012 North FL Expedition

Ok I don't want a total derail here, so let's get back to the OP stuff.

Or, if there's no objection to the skeptic bringing some firepower, they may end the mystery by bagging a squatch/hoaxer.

RayG

Ray, would you agree that the hoaxers would be following these online discussions regarding their hoax? In which case they would know by now, if they didn't already, that continued hoaxing will be met with deadly force. Do you think any continued hoaxing is likely? So if anything happens from this point on you will be less skeptical, right? ;)

Edited by Gigantofootecus

Are you suggesting the TBRC hasn't already tried doing just that?

What kind of bullets are you using in these firearms? I'm asking because not all human bones are of the same denisity, what would shatter the skull of one person will meet resistance in another and track around the rib, skull etc...leaving a slight flesh wound where it enters and exits.

How about Genetically Opportune Great Ape/Hominid (or hominin) with Great Frontal Lobes! :sarcastichand:

I believe you've Got It!

I've been tempted to plunge into a discussion of Left-brain / Right-brain abilities ...

and I notice there are several recent threads to discuss Bigfoot intelligence.

I haven't found a way to keep my remarks short, clear and on point ... so I

resorted to a silly remark.

Brief: I suspect that human perception of Bf intelligence is often limited by the

misconception that intelligence must produce high tech.

Indeed, if I were a Bf, I'd at least want a working fireplace.