Operation Persistence

<p>I'm not sure the journalist ever wrote an article about her experience, that would have been interesting for sure. Facing her boss, and colleagues with that would likely have a negative impact on her employment.

If that is the only reference to the journalist then they could have been from the local school newspaper for all we know.

DWA's original reference to the journalist made me think that someone was really doing a story on the site etc. but all it seems to be is someone saying a "journalist" was on site and had a sighting.

If person were there in their capacity as a journalist then the sighting would provide a great story and mission accomplished....... unless it was a blobsquatch type sighting.....

If that is the only reference to the journalist then they could have been from the local school newspaper for all we know.

DWA's original reference to the journalist made me think that someone was really doing a story on the site etc. but all it seems to be is someone saying a "journalist" was on site and had a sighting.

If person were there in their capacity as a journalist then the sighting would provide a great story and mission accomplished....... unless it was a blobsquatch type sighting.....

My understanding was that the article (which I did read) was in a local (I think it was San Antonio) paper. Wouldn't have any idea how to find it short of sleuthing the TBRC database (where I think it is still up) for names.

I recall that story but am not sure if it's on the current site. There was a lot of stuff on ye olde TBRC website that was copy and pasted from other sources that we did not bring over. I can ask around about the encounter report. It should still be in the database.

And now you are going to explain why bigfooters are pushing for it, right?

I should note that on one expedition TBRC brought a journalist from a local paper. She saw one.

If you aren't gonna get proof after that, I think I can tell you why you don't have proof.

Your post, IMO, made it sound like this a newspaper article and this was somehow strong evidence of some sort of proof.

So this is really just another bigfoot story and you are using it as an example of skeptics being hard too convince?

Well, she must not be too convinced if she didn't use her skills as a journalist to publish an article in the local newspaper.

<<<<<<<<< insert conspiracy theory here >>>>>>>>>

Do you even know who "she" is?

Yes, she is a personal friend of mine.

Dude! If you are going to grasp at straws here, go for some bigger ones.

So now my question:

Do you know she didn't try? And that her editor didn't say, um, honey, we can't publish that nonsense?

That's two so let's what the heck add a third:

What did I have to prove to you again?

Edited by DWA

My understanding was that the article (which I did read) was in a local (I think it was San Antonio) paper. Wouldn't have any idea how to find it short of sleuthing the TBRC database (where I think it is still up) for names.

I was just looking for the article (which you did read) in a local paper.

First you said it was in a local newspaper now you are hinting that the editor refused to publish.

You don't need to prove anything to me but I would like to know which one is your final answer.

Um, could you read the post again before telling me what it says?

Tellyawhut! Just do that.

My final answer is up there, in b/w. You guys can annoy sometimes.

From what I understand, the reporter did not create a public account of her sighting for fear of pubic ridicule and professional damage. No conspiracy, just more of the same.

^^^^Oh, no point made there, eh? No point at all. As I said: I think I know why we don't have confirmation yet.

Hey, new avatar? Is this Southern Sasquatch to the previous Northern Sasquatch?