Operation Persistence

DWA... you aren't quite sure of how any of this works, now, do you? It is not up to me or anyone else to disprove an unproven claim. It is UP............. TO .................the claimant to prove it.

As an aside, and just wondering DWA, how old are you? If you feel feel like answering that privately only please PM me.

Bipto, if your goal is to prove BF or a unicorn is real, then I say have at it. Go for it. But to suggest, in so many words. that your goal is so noble that you would die for it is counter-productive to your own stance on the entire subject.

It smells of emotion, belief and faith.

None of which are relevant to science.

See I told you you didn't. EVERY ENTRANT in a scientific discussion must provide evidence for its claims. If you can't, no problem. We just don't need to take you seriously is all.

It smells of emotion, belief and faith.

None of which are relevant to science.

What is belief? Am I allowed to believe what I have seen, smelled, and heard? Are you suggesting no one in science believes anything? Don't they start with a hypothesis (based on observation), develop it into a theory, and then (through testing and experimentation) either prove or disprove it? Sounds like "belief" is running all through there.

WRT faith, no, we do not have faith in the existence of these animals because, as I have said many times, we know they are there.

WRT emotion, I say you're dead wrong. Emotion is a base human element. People everywhere pursue their interests based on emotion, from NASCAR drivers to kindergarten teachers to geneticists. We are indeed emotional about these creatures. We want them and their habitat conserved. It's our passion and our mission. If that makes you uncomfortable, I'd suggest that's more your problem than ours.

I think the true believers in The Way Things Are Today And Always Must Be might want to stick to JREF. Me, I shun religious sites.

How you can tell science is happening: fun breaks out. This is why books on great discoveries have titles like "The Amazing Story Of..." or "The Exciting Race To...". Science is supposed to be fun; and if it's not fun, one should inspect the sicence. Very carefully. Likely, it ain't all there.

Well, from what WTB1 is saying, it's best conducted by cold-blooded Vulcans. Emotionless and detached, apparently only trudging through it to pass the time before their ultimate demise. Poor bastards.

But keep in mind that according to them their ownselves, "there is more than enough wonder in the world without this crap."

Yeah, that's wonder talking. That's wonder immolating its nose on a grindstone if one only asks me.

Edited by DWA

Yeah....um...yeah Bipto. You nailed it. That's me. lol!

Anyway, if your objective is to prove it, as you said, and you know how to do it, as you said, good luck. Really that would be awesome.My simple comment suggests that one at leasts prove they exist before proclaiming that they'll die for them.

I guess the question is why I should prove it *to you* before making such a statement since I already know what I know. Apparently, the only things deserving of sacrifice are those that the majority accepts? Regardless of personal experience? Again, I don't much like the world as you seem to see it.

Still wanting to know what's wrong with emotion and belief in science, BTW.

Sorry, Drew, what has been seen cannot be unseen. These are flesh and blood primates, period. We won't stop until the animal is either protected or were dead by trying to get them that way.

I find it very difficult to believe that you can devote this much time to hunting these creatures, and you can't get a bead on where they are.

In a forest in central N. America, you should be able to find out where they live, and then get evidence of their existence. Track them back to their lair. Get a hair sample. Simple. You can't keep applying these supernatural attributes to a flesh and blood creature.

You get a tracker, he says there is no Apeman, you say they cover their tracks.

You get a game cam, it doesn't catch them, you say they can detect cameras

You take a shot at one, and miss, you say they are so fast they are impossible to hit

There has to be a point where you say to yourself: "I was wrong, I must have been seeing something"

Some say skeptics are close minded, however, this is the most close-minded thing I've ever heard you say:

These are flesh and blood primates, period. We won't stop until the animal is either protected or were dead by trying to get them that way.

In fact it sounds like you are playing to the crowd.

Sounds like Drew needs to do some field research.

Or talk to people like Schaller, Goodall, and Fossey, who didn't have their subjects jumping all over them on Day One. Their stories sound - surprise! - like this one.

"There has to be a point where you say to yourself: "I was wrong, I must have been seeing something"

Well, yeah, if you are prone to hallucinations you might want to check yourself out. Me? Naaaaaaah. Never said that; never had to.

How much better a bead can one have than activity and sightings every **** day? These people that want proof so bad should just go out and get it, how 'bout that? Or, in the alternative, let science do its thing. This isn't Next Day Blinds.

Edited by DWA

A hairy bipedal apeman living in the middle of an area, that was completely wiped out of large animals.

Nothing at all like Schaller, Goodall and Fossey, who went to Africa knowing that Great Apes existed there. There were museum specimens, papers written about those animals. That comparison doesn't even come close to what is going on in Eastern Oklahoma.

Eastern Oklahoma sounds like imaginations gone wild.

Oh, OK. Glad you could clear that up. It had been bothering me. Wow. I suddenly feel a great weight has been DUDE! It should be way beyond obvious by now that anyone's impressions of "everything killed off" are, if anything, only temporary. And the evidence stands, whatever anyone says about it.

Arguing past the evidence...well, isn't an argument. It's a True Belief In What Has To Be True No It HAS TO.

Edited by DWA

Bff members-Just words here folks about the motives we endure and burdens taken on in the quest in helping to solve the mystery of Sasquatch. I for one do not go along with about 25% of what Biptos' organizationans pro-kill stance but one thing I for one, stand wholeheartedly with is the organizations desire in solving the mystery. So so so much bantering going on but the TBRCS' long time endever has been admireable to say the least. Non of these members need to really sit down and show ever little thing thing to us(hey me inclued) or explain their faith or motives but they have and I appreciate that part of the thread. I also have been close to questioning their belief systems also and though frustrated with some of their stances have come to recognize that we all play the hand given to us and work the best we all can with what we got. Let's just back off the belief, faith and personal phyco- mumble for a while and maybe these guys can spend a little more time in the field collecting evidence . Just saying