Operation Persistence

If seeing bigfoot equaled 'successful' there'd be a lot of successful Bigfooters out there.

Seeing bigfoot however, does not equal successful.

Simply seeing bigfoot just throws your sighting on the pile of sightings.

Unless you are the one who saw it.

When I see one, it's proven, to the only person who matters to me.

As to their getting together the documentation, science tends not to work on a next-day basis, and they're doing this in their free time. I can wait.

If seeing bigfoot equaled 'successful' there'd be a lot of successful Bigfooters out there. Seeing bigfoot however, does not equal successful. Simply seeing bigfoot just throws your sighting on the pile of sightings.

Seeing a Sasquatch does equal success if most of the members only goal is to see one with their own eyes. That would be enough proof for me. There are enthusiasts (besides storytelling "habituators" living in fantasyland) whose primary objective is just to satiate their own curiosity.

Edited by Irish73

You mean successful as an NPO, or successful in the hunt for Bigfoot? Surely you don't mean the latter.

Both.

Researchers can achieve some level of success without accomplishing their stated goals. All science is a game of incremental advance. We know more now than we knew last year or the year before. We are successful, though our ultimate goals remain unrealized.

Edited by bipto

How long until you start to doubt that you are actually seeing Wood Apes?

I mean, 10 years from now, if you are still unable to corral one of them, will you start to question your own sighting?

5 years?

2 years?

You said you were sure that they were wood apes, and yet you don't have the ape. At what point will you say, either 'they are supernatural creatures', or 'we were mistaken'?

Sorry, Drew, what has been seen cannot be unseen. These are flesh and blood primates, period. We won't stop until the animal is either protected or were dead by trying to get them that way.

Bitpo ~ "These are flesh and blood primates, period. We won't stop until the animal is either protected or were dead by trying to get them that way."

History and all those accursed sciences - you know...those enimies, say otherwise. You and your pals will surely die, as will I. Hopefully within about 80 years or so of quality life. But it is very very unlikely you or anyone will have to die by means of trying to protect an animal that has not not yet been described, catagorized, documented or proven to exist using a system we have historically used to successfully eradicate diseases, identify and catagorize DNA, expand the human life-span from 30 years or so to 70 years or so and accomplished what our ancestores thought would be beyond comprehension. The scientific method.

But trudge on my friends. Some like to bowl. Some like to golf....others like to surf.

It's all good.

How long until you start to doubt that you are actually seeing Wood Apes?

I mean, 10 years from now, if you are still unable to corral one of them, will you start to question your own sighting?

5 years?

2 years?

You said you were sure that they were wood apes, and yet you don't have the ape. At what point will you say, either 'they are supernatural creatures', or 'we were mistaken'?

Bipto seems quite sure what he has seen. Just because he can't produce one on demand doesn't mean he didn't see it, or it doesn't exist. There are all manner of things that people probably believe exist, that they cannot personally produce physical evidence of.

Edited by BigGinger
To remove content in violation of BFF Rules

Yes? So?

Do you not see the fault of that reasoning? What if Bipto said he saw a two inch tall human, or a spotted Zebra, or a flying snail? THAT wouldn't mean he didn't see it/them, or that they don't exist, right? Right? By extension, right?

Irish73 ~ " There are all manner of things that people probably believe exist, that they cannot personally produce physical evidence of."

Yes yes of course. So which are true? What possible method could anyone use to determin what to "believe" and what is, actually, real? Well, shucks, it would take a thousand years or more to come up with a reasonable, logical mechanism or method to use which would allow us to objectively interprete our world around us and decide (again, using LOGIC) what is to the best of our determination real, or not real.

Well let's all get to work on that right n---wait.

We don't have to! I forgot. We already have a machanism or method that to this date has laid waste to disease, rumors, false cures, disease and the belief in myths.

It's called science.

Edited by WTB1

Right. All of it. You aren't quite sure how this works are you? If bipto saw any one of those things, how would you prove he was wrong? Um, er, you couldn't. See how this works now?

You have been duped by too many scientists who don't know what their job is. Scientists aren't supposed to scoff. They are supposed to solve. Bigfoot is their job. They just don't know it.

But it is very very unlikely you or anyone will have to die by means of trying to protect an animal that has not not yet been described, catagorized, documented or proven to exist...

Do you understand that that is exactly our goal? And our very point? You can't protect a unicorn or its environment. Nor can you protect bigfoot. To accomplish that, it needs to be real. We know how to prove it. That's our objective.