Operation Persistence

BTW......the Wayback Machine has a ton of archived versions of previous TBRC website goodness.

P.S. Is it because I am going through my VPN connection to my home network, or did everyone have to login just to see the public forums?

Edited by Irish73

BTW......the Wayback Machine has a ton of archived versions of previous TBRC website goodness.

Good idea. I bet it does.

Fun trivia: The BFF and the original TBRC website were both listed by Yahoo (yes, back when that's how you found websites before the Google) on the very same day. I've always thought of them as cousins.

TBRC on the wayback machine: http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://texasbigfoot.com

• 2 weeks later...

Because of this thread, I just spent a good half hour, maybe 45 minutes using google maps to look at the Ouachita Mountains and National Forest area. Beautiful! I can't get over all the falls!

I may have to spend a good deal of time on the TBRC website.... I would LOVE to do something like this here in Oregon. I think we'd have success here, also. Anyone from Oregon want to talk about this on my "In the Field" section???

Edited by madison5716

IMO, the primary reason the TBRC has been able to be so successful is it's regional nature. Our members get to really know each other by spending time with one another. It's hard to beat that. If you could get something similar going in Oregon, that'd be awesome.

bipto I am thinking on getting a few Plotwatcher Pro HD's for field deployment in my research areas { of course hidden very well } and am trying to have them setup in day use areas { areas I believe they are spending most of thier daylight hours in }. The idea would be getting daylight photos of them moving around a specific remote area that they may navigate during day light or at the least entering back into the day area after night movement.

Have you guys worked with the Plotwatcher Pros ? and if so what are you thoughts on them and there field applications ?

Have you guys worked with the Plotwatcher Pros ? and if so what are you thoughts on them and there field applications ?

I'm not sure what model we've used. I think they're a tool that might end up being effective, but they have not been for us so far. They create A LOT of data. I'd spend a lot of time setting up field of view and making them as hidden as possible.

Bipto: TBRC is a good organization. Ya'll do a good job.

Thanks. Appreciate it!

• 2 weeks later...

IMO, the primary reason the TBRC has been able to be so successful is it's regional nature. Our members get to really know each other by spending time with one another. It's hard to beat that. If you could get something similar going in Oregon, that'd be awesome.

You mean successful as an NPO, or successful in the hunt for Bigfoot? Surely you don't mean the latter.

Um, clearly, based on what they've seen in X, the latter. Very clearly.

I think they just need to have you down there for a month or so. Am I hearing jealous here...?