Operation Persistence

Guest poignant

Based on the eyewitness account that was provided, I did a conservative estimate in the thread How Fast Can Bigfoot Run? and came up with the following figures assuming:

- sasquatch mass = 200 kg (i.e. 440lbs)

- elevation gain = 27 m (i.e. 30%grade and 50 yards)

- time taken = 4 seconds

The amount of power generated is in excess of 13,300 W.

The elite human athlete only generates about 6 W / kg

The sasquatch in this case is easily generating well over 66 W/kg, making it ten times stronger than any human Olympian or professional athlete.

Recalculate for a bigger sasquatch (e.g. 400 kgs or 880lbs), and you've basically doubled the power generation.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I guess if they were giving you a look like they were going to tear you a new *ss, it would be wise to take it seriously,

because they can easily achieve the task.

Based on the eyewitness account that was provided, I did a conservative estimate in the thread How Fast Can Bigfoot Run? and came up with the following figures assuming:

- sasquatch mass = 200 kg (i.e. 440lbs)

- elevation gain = 27 m (i.e. 30%grade and 50 yards)

- time taken = 4 seconds

The amount of power generated is in excess of 13,300 W.

The elite human athlete only generates about 6 W / kg

The sasquatch in this case is easily generating well over 66 W/kg, making it ten times stronger than any human Olympian or professional athlete.

Recalculate for a bigger sasquatch (e.g. 400 kgs or 880lbs), and you've basically doubled the power generation.

Guest poignant

Nerds rule. Don't mind being one. :)

Definitely puts strength comparisons in perspective, i.e. 10 ~ 20 times stronger than the pros, which equates to about 15 ~ 30 times stronger than the average joe.

Ever seen the elephant vs people tug of war videos?

I'm pro-nerd myself, so no worries there. Just remember your calculations are based on witness perception and estimation. Not the most accurate method of measurement!

Guest poignant

I'm pro-nerd myself, so no worries there. Just remember your calculations are based on witness perception and estimation. Not the most accurate method of measurement!

Hence the caveat, 'conservative' estimate.

Speed?

50 yards

3-5 secs

speed 20.5 mph - 34.1 mph

A family of bears could do this, but not on 2 legs. The fastest human over the 2nd half of a 100 yard dash maxs out at just under 30 mph. And this is under perfect conditions, not a steep incline over rocky terrain. Could a human do it in 5 secs, @20 mph? Maybe an elite athlete could, but not a big fat basement dwelling hoaxer. And how many were there?

If the numbers are accurate then hoaxing is unlikely and these were either bears, bigfeet or BS. If they ran bipedally, they weren't bears. So BF or BS. I wonder which 1 the skeptics will choose? That, or mass hallucinations due to sleep depravation. ;)

^^Math is witchcraft I tell you!! (because anthropology is a "soft" science...inside joke there)

I'm going with the BF because I was there. We weren't sleep deprived, drinking, doing drugs, or in any other non-conscious state. We just saw what we saw.

Guest BFSleuth

Maybe sasquatches train for their own olympics.. ya think? LOL

I wonder if they have dwarf tossing in their Olympics? Of course, they would have a ready supply of dwarfs at the cabins...

Maybe they should get Justin Smeja down to area x. He seems pretty good at shooting bigfoot. I'll bet he'll have that whole family of squatch bagged and tagged in no time.

So, if say....an 8' squatch ran 30 mph, proportionately what would that translate to for a 5'6"-6'0" human with correspondingly shorter legs? Presuming that longer legs equals longer strides, greater distance per stride, etc.

Guest baboonpete

The hillside was approximately a 30% grade - rocky with lots of vegetation. They covered about 50 yards in 3-5 seconds.

Yes, you are being redundant. These questions has been asked and answered numerous times from the beginning of the thread.

Well it stands that TBRC is pro kill, or at least some are, and you claim you know where a bunch of the critters are. Bag one, tag one and solve the **** mystery and get the grand prize. Lure it out or chase it down and get it done. If this drags out longer I'm going to beat the rush and predict a hoax.

• Upvote 1

If this drags out longer I'm going to beat the rush and predict a hoax.

You wouldn't be the first and my guess is you won't be the last in that respect