Operation Persistence

There's no data whatsoever to say man hasn't reduced the population of North American wood apes. Zero. For all you or I know, their numbers had declined drastically in the past two centuries.

Correct.

There's no data whatsoever to say man has ever removed one Wood Ape from North America. But, there is a plethora of data showing that man has wiped out nearly every large animal in places such as Oklahoma. Wolves were eliminated, Black Bears were eliminated, Deer were reduced to 500 animals in all of Oklahoma, Mountain Lions were extirpated, and this doesn't include the plains animals, the pronghorn antelope and bison.

And...the point being...? None of those animals have the intellect of a primate. Funny thing is, I just saw a couple of them this summer, so it seems like they're still around.

What facility are you planning on taking the creature once it is harvested? Will it go to one or several places or will it be out of the TBRC's hands at that point?

What facility are you planning on taking the creature once it is harvested? Will it go to one or several places or will it be out of the TBRC's hands at that point?

There's no way I'm answering that. Sorry.

Are you able to answer any of #562 geology, geography, history, etc without giving anything away as it were?

I'll go back and check.

thanks

I'm not proposing fountains of youth or journey to the centre of the earth or anything. Just curious if there is anything keeping them there in the vicinity as opposed to moving on someplace else...?

Have the tbrc explored the idea of there being something on site or near that along with an abundance of food sources they might find difficult to do without. i.e. shelter, a mineral rich spring possibly (I know someone [cant remember who though sorry] posted earlier in the thread with regard to potassium needs)

At some times of the year, water is abundant throughout the region (like right about now, for instance). During the dry season, there's always water of some kind nearby our research area. There are also natural springs around and about. Not sure of the mineral content of the water, but presumably the springs are high in minerals.

Have the tbrc spoken with the landowner or done research into and about the geology of his or any neighbouring land and whether historically any type of industry, mining, logging on any scale has taken place at any time in the past?

It's not a national park, so there's industrial resource exploitation throughout the Ouachitas. Logging and mining both in the region. I wouldn't be surprised if in the distant past, the area was clear cut but it's been a very long time if it happened. Not in the memory of the current landowners.

I think you said earlier in the thread you were unaware of any caves in the area(?). Are you aware if the landowner or his family know of any? Presumably they will have explored the area in more detail and know more with regard to it's history if there is any.

I've heard rumors, but we've never found any that I'm aware of. We've looked.

Its irrelevant to you CTfoot, your thinking they are being hoaxed or wrong, so why would any sort of plan in place for a specimen be of any concern to you what so ever? I do not think Bipto should address the question at all.

From what I have gathered from everythng I have read and heard, here and elsewhere, it sounds like every possible provision has been covered with regard to the legality of this endeavor.

I would have loved to be able to listen to any phone calls made to various State officials about the prospect of getting "a Bigfoot."

Hypothetically speaking, if prior arrangements had been made with someone to receive a specimen.....they certainly wouldn't want to be made a laughing stock by admitting to it before hand.

Don't forget, it's all hoaxers......Wood Apes don't exist.

Oh for petes sake, I was thinking University opposed to vet office, not names of facilities.

Really? A vet? No.

A better way to have written that question would be "What *type* of facility are you planning on taking the creature once it is harvested?" What you asked implied you wanted to know the specific location.

Edited by bipto

Bipto,

Have you found any evidence of nests, or similar?

I'm just curious to know whether there is any behavioral material pointing to whether these guys always retire to a similar location to eat, sleep, etc. or, conversely, evidence to suggest that they are frequently if not constantly on the move.

Thx,

CH