The Next Chapter In The Tent Peeker

Hi everyone,

I have a question about the tent peeker saga. If the whole world was hoaxed in 2008 by Dyer, why give him any credibility or time of day now?

Erm, quite a few on here. Just go back through the various threads on this.

Up until very recently this video was being mooted as superb evidence by some. Both myself and BFS (and possibly others) raised warning flags very early on, based on what had been seen on the original shootingsasquatch.com site, and the links to RD.

In fact, I'm sure if you hang around long enough, someone will pop up again and tell you that they are still convinced it could be the real thing.

Next ...

Edited by corvus horribilus

Guest BFSleuth

That's a fair estimate of income. I have friends with YT channels that are earning them up to a few thousand dollars per month, if they are posting videos that have a wide audience appeal. The ad dollars vary according to whether you accept the initial 15-30 second add before the video or have the click through pop up add. Blogs with advertising will have click through rates set according to the type of advertisement. You make money from the click throughs.

In one of his recent interviews RD noted that his income was "entertainment" related. I was under the impression there may be royalties involved with the Georgia hoax (of all things). The year of and after the hoax generated $280,000 income (or at least that is what he says he claimed as taxable income). With his report of his most recent year's income around $250,000 (and again, can we believe him?) then he's doing all right. Perhaps he's getting speaking fees or some such thing, but I just have a hard time thinking that any entertainment company would by Dyer for appearances.

Guest VioletX

He also said he has some rental property and a used car lot. He bought his house in Vegas for 45,000 and I bet he likes Vegas for gambling,hehe...

It sounded like he had dome some work filming for BF and hoax related shows abroad as well.

Guest therealdeal434

If it is real, it's a shame that it ended up in RD hands. People are almost begging this video to be real. The person behind the video, photo, or story has the most bearing on it. Everyone knows someone who lies religiously. Most likely a friend, and when he tells a story you roll your eyes and listen and go yeh yeh, knowing they're full of it. RD and this video get nothing from me. A joke that should get him laughed at forever and be a lesson to those who fell for it once.. and if this is twice he got you, shame on you.

Edited by See-Te-Cah NC
To remove statement that was in violation

Not sure about all the talk this guy is giving on a film crew and well known voice over guy, but I found two videos on Youtube titled: 8:36 PM 4 Sep 2012, where RD is apparently filming himself, at night camping in Texas? its got like 57 views so far, yeah, he's rich now.

Also, if you all remember that original story from San Antonio happened like two years ago. And as for a Homeless Tent City... uh you'll be hard pressed to find that here in Texas. Man this guy has got some brass ones.

SSR Team

It means i liked your post..;)

I think he is referring to the Facebook Bigfoot guy who has a reputation for thinking most videos are authentic.

Could this be the same tent and gun as in this Rick Dyer video? These similarities were spotted by a YouTube watcher, WaybackMachine1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiyhPeKiWjk

Looks like both guns are Remington model 770's with the same synthetic stocks and similar scopes. Its hard to tell from the OP vid that was posted. It only appears for a split second.

Edited by Henry Frapp

On the third rifle picture you can see the bolt (for chambering a round). I'm no gun expert, at least not guns the Army doesn't issue, but the first two there is no bolt evident and they appear to be lying flat. Can a bolt action rifle lay flat like that on it's bolt side?

Its hard to tell from the pictures if the upper two guns are laying completely flat. If the bolts were removed they'd probably lay pretty flat. It takes less than 2 seconds to remove that turned down bolt out the rear of the gun. Overall, looks like the same guns to me.

I have watched the film and I am with BF/BF guy. I read over and over again in the post it is hoax. Those that say it is hoax are offer nothing more then theories it is hoax. I am not big poster of this forum and mostly only read from time to time.

However the end argument for me, what is the point of hoaxing? How can their be any money in it? Even if someone is paying them you have to ask why is someone paying them? It takes energy, time from their life and other people to just make a hoax. Then to ridiculed for just posting the video.

Noppie

@ NOPPIE

^^^^^^

It's Rick D, why does he even mention the word bigfoot is beyond me. You can't trust him as far as BF could throw him.

He lies worse than the rug in my living room. If it were a real bf, then why didn't he shoot it ? it's obvious that the

tents and the guns are identical to RD's outing. The guy just loves being the center of attention, even negative, it does

not matter to him. Every time someone clicks on one of the videos, he is making money.

Edited by zigoapex

SSR Team

Every time someone clicks on one of the videos, he is making money.

I agree with everything else, i'd be amazed if he's made any significant money out of this video or anything else BF related but if he has, more fool the people and good luck to him.

Guest wudewasa

So, is Dyer filling the niche of Erik Beckjord in the realm of squatchery?! lol

His name is Rick Dyer, the biggest fraud to squatch

He thought it was cute to freeze a suit

Who's that? It's him! Rick Dyer HOAX

Rick Dyer, his trailer is in flames

His video's lame, he has no shame

Could it be?! No it's him Rick Dyer HOAX

For those who don't get the reference...

Edited by wudewasa