Has The Mabrc Captured A Bigfoot? Robert Lindsay's Latest Blog

Good to see you Jodie !

Whatever may be the tactic or reasoning, I just hope that it doesn't end up backfiring on MABRC if Ed Smith never "puts up," if they are buying what he is selling. Gotta be careful who ya hitch your wagon to...

And I would very much love to eat crow, and find out that Smith has the goods.

This is all about RL's reporting on the ORIG-6 research that seems to have zero substantiation so far. I genuinely hope that the MABRC has not been a victim of being "strung along" by someone's claims...I think it is kinda funny that RL is hopping on this one so late. We discussed this on the BFF over a month ago. Fortuitous that you showed up here and now :P

Edited by slabdog
staff edit

Unfortunately it takes money to find bigfoot, or support other bigfoot activities, unless the person sponsoring the event or platform is willing or able to foot the bill.

That is a point you will not convince me of. As someone who always "foots" the bill for researching that does not ring true. Not to mention the fact that I have more physical evidence than orgs with 10,000 times the budget.

Video of superior quality is last nail I need. Networking here on BFF to get that done. It is all about intent, integrity and motivation.

Edited by Woodswalker

Dont judge every organization by those that strike out for attention.... plenty of folks working on this "the right way" and paying their dues.

CG

Exactly and the people here that personally know the MABRC members in the physical real world would know where we would fall in that comment. DW posted what he did to try to put a lid on a ridiculous error filled post on a dumb blog shared by another equally dumb blog that alot of people apparantly must read. If anyone wanted attention to our group then there would be press releases and news events much more often but instead we keep our noses down and do our stuff. Our group is not and never has been a glory seeking group unlike the MM BFRO or other individuals in this community. The active members spend MUCH time in the field and collecting data and experiences and sharing it with one another. So drop the trash talk. Thanks for the support Wude'

That is a point you will not convince me of. As someone who always "foots" the bill for researching that does not ring true.

Well then you did not get what you paid for , you can look for bigfoot by yourself without joining an expedition charging a fee but it will still cost you money to do that.

Edited by Jodie

Your right Wude, my reference was specific to the infamous MM and not a blanket statement of the BFRO members of which I have some friends too. I should have been more clear.

How is calling a spade, a spade, "trashing"?

I have made no $ whatsoever. 90% of the way to the finishing line too. Wait till you hear what I say when I am done!

Edited by Woodswalker

Who is making money??? Clarify.. Once again , our group has NO membership fees, NO Expedition fees and is completely volunteer. If you are referring to the massive 5 dollar fee entrance to the recent 1st annual Symposium...WOW.

Finding Bigfoot crew is probably making some money but that wont last forever. Please clarify and hope I didnt misunderstand.

That is my view on organizations yes.

The larger it grows the money becomes the focus. What happens when your group finds the real deal? Who will be the ones to get paid and who will not? There is a very great amount of profit potential in bigfoot research. Do you have a structure in place for sharing the wealth after sharing the work?

Woodswalker, you might find this to be a shocker, but the MABRC will not profit off the "real deal" if we find it. We fully intend on making it available to the world at large. The MABRC is also supported by sporadic donations from it's members, and a large portion of the costs of the website and the forums is out of my own pocket. I do not expect reimbursement for any of the money I have invested in the MABRC or the research. We do not even have ads on the MABRC forums or website to even generate any income there. Once again, someone has an uninformed opinion of something and runs their mouth.

Jodie, if you would get your own facts straight, the foot was brought up over here at the BFF by non-MABRC members of this forum, it was not a membership drive by the MABRC to attract new members. I had to come over here to defend the fact that the MABRC didn't turn over everything on the foot to people here on the BFF, who had no valid argument to why they should have that information, you, yourself included. To view pictures here on the BFF, you have to join, becoming a forum member to view it. So it seems to me, that you have some vendetta to settle with the MABRC since you specifically want to point out this about the foot, when other forums are the same way.

Again, transparency is demanded, wielded by blatant entitlement.

You are entitled not to register for the MABRC forums.

Oh and along the lines of such dysfunctional thought, perhaps all of us are entitled to have access to the premium membership here at BFF. Why don't all of you whiners tell the administration here that they aren't transparent and are witholding evidence to boost membership and uphold business tactics?!

The moral of this story is that not everyone gets a trophy in life.

Playing devil's advocate: if they're "entitled" to be not transparent and play secret squirrel games, then we are certainly "entitled" to call BS and not take it seriously.

To say on one hand "We've got the goods" and then turn around and say "We're not going to show it (or show it ;only if you do X, Y, and Z')..." adds nothing to the debate whatsoever.

If they have something, by all means take the time to document, etc properly and do due diligence, but ultimately you've got to put up a pony if you organize a pony show.

Darkwing, for the record, I'm not saying you DO or you DON'T have something. I'm addressing the general war over transparency vs cloak† in regards to evidence.

*ETA* It's also a bit disingenuous for a forum with a true Premium section to be making noise about a forum who simply requires you to be a member to view certain materials.

Edited by Mulder

DW posted what he did to try to put a lid on a ridiculous error filled post on a dumb blog shared by another equally dumb blog that alot of people apparantly must read.
How does saying "I can neither confirm nor deny X" mean putting a lid on a ridiculous error? If the blog was in error and DW wanted to put a lid on the rumor he should have just said: "It is not true - we have no body." Or hey "we don't know because that's not our group." The former statement is deliberately a non-answer, not a definitive one. If the group wants to squash this rumor, there's a really easy way to do it...
Why don't all of you whiners tell the administration here that they aren't transparent and are witholding evidence to boost membership and uphold business tactics?!
Well for starters they're being perfectly transparent. The PMP is specifically and clearly understood to be a collection of forums including a private BF discussion forum, an anything goes no-rules forum, and the entirety of the BFF 1.0 archive. And it's a business tactic used to pay for the upkeep of the BFF's server. Whether you or I or anyone else agrees with that business plan is irrelevant to the fact that it's pretty straightforward. And there isn't any evidence in there that isn't out here, unless it's located in the 1.0 Archives.

And there isn't any evidence in there that isn't out here, unless it's located in the 1.0 Archives.

That's not actually true. The whole thing about outing the Elbe Hoaxer is PMP only, we can't discuss him by name in this forum.

Also Bill Munn's latest research is PMP only, and will not be discussed in detail here.