Has The Mabrc Captured A Bigfoot? Robert Lindsay's Latest Blog

I do not have a problem specifically with your org. Just all of them for reasons like the cause of this thread. Always controversy and no revelations. That said I wish you luck in finding the perfect evidence. Any of us succeeding will lift the stigma of mythical creature.

How to deal with Robert Lindsey: 1) never click on anything having his name on it or visit his blog, 2) stick fingers in ears and loudly chant, "LALALA LALALALAAA LLLLAAAALALALALALAAA!" until you get him out of your mind....

Edited by RayG
Removed inappropriate content

Guest wudewasa

Well for starters they're being perfectly transparent. The PMP is specifically and clearly understood to be a collection of forums including a private BF discussion forum, an anything goes no-rules forum, and the entirety of the BFF 1.0 archive. And it's a business tactic used to pay for the upkeep of the BFF's server. Whether you or I or anyone else agrees with that business plan is irrelevant to the fact that it's pretty straightforward. And there isn't any evidence in there that isn't out here, unless it's located in the 1.0 Archives.

ShadoAngel,

I have no quarrel with the admin or the PMP, do what you like and I am aware that income must be generated on this site. I respect the move honestly, and am in favor of paying to play. I'm telling those who are demanding that the MARBC conduct themselves in a certain way to approach the admin of the BFF with the same manner of entitlement- it would never fly.

Playing devil's advocate: if they're "entitled" to be not transparent and play secret squirrel games, then we are certainly "entitled" to call BS and not take it seriously.

To say on one hand "We've got the goods" and then turn around and say "We're not going to show it (or show it ;only if you do X, Y, and Z')..." adds nothing to the debate whatsoever.

If they have something, by all means take the time to document, etc properly and do due diligence, but ultimately you've got to put up a pony if you organize a pony show.

Darkwing, for the record, I'm not saying you DO or you DON'T have something. I'm addressing the general war over transparency vs cloak&dagger in regards to evidence.

*ETA* It's also a bit disingenuous for a forum with a true Premium section to be making noise about a forum who simply requires you to be a member to view certain materials.

I gave you a plus on that one.

And dopelyrics, how can their be bad vibes towards the MABRC when we didn't ask for Robert Lindsay to make his comments? I am stating here exactly what I have said to preempt all the speculation.

I think the bad vibes come from people towards the MABRC who take your original "confirm or deny" statement as provocative. And those bad vibes have started.

Some people may see a "confirm or deny" statement as something used to avoid telling a lie. Some people may see it as carrot dangling. Regardless, it's ambiguous in its meaning to some.

I guess acknowledging and taking on RL's stuff gives credence to it.

Best.

Lee

Edited by dopelyrics
  • Upvote 1

How does saying "I can neither confirm nor deny X" mean putting a lid on a ridiculous error? If the blog was in error and DW wanted to put a lid on the rumor he should have just said: "It is not true - we have no body." Or hey "we don't know because that's not our group." The former statement is deliberately a non-answer, not a definitive one. If the group wants to squash this rumor, there's a really easy way to do it...

Well for starters they're being perfectly transparent. The PMP is specifically and clearly understood to be a collection of forums including a private BF discussion forum, an anything goes no-rules forum, and the entirety of the BFF 1.0 archive. And it's a business tactic used to pay for the upkeep of the BFF's server. Whether you or I or anyone else agrees with that business plan is irrelevant to the fact that it's pretty straightforward. And there isn't any evidence in there that isn't out here, unless it's located in the 1.0 Archives.

Exactly. It would have been easy to end this charade with a simple answer, but instead they had to be cryptic and stir the pot.

Guest baboonpete

Good to see you Jodie (if you are the "real" Jodie)!

Whatever may be the tactic or reasoning, I just hope that it doesn't end up backfiring on MABRC when Ed Smith never "puts up," if they are buying what he is selling. Gotta be careful who ya hitch your wagon to...

And I would very much love to eat crow, and find out that Smith has the goods.

This is all about RL's reporting on the ORIG-6 research that seems to have zero substantiation so far. I genuinely hope that the MABRC has not been a victim of being "strung along" by someone's claims...I think it is kinda funny that RL is hopping on this one so late. We discussed this on the BFF over a month ago. Hey Jodie, maybe you can be one of Robert's sources again. Fortuitous that you showed up here and now :P

<ahem> bulletmaker </ahem>

we can't discuss him by name in this forum.

why?

Dang it DO, did you leave your official MABRC Briefcase on top of your truck again and drive off down the road?

I told you guys not to leave your stuff on top of the trucks, it's either going to fall off, or the Bigfoots will steal it (re: propane tanks).

:)

Playing devil's advocate: if they're "entitled" to be not transparent and play secret squirrel games, then we are certainly "entitled" to call BS and not take it seriously.

To say on one hand "We've got the goods" and then turn around and say "We're not going to show it (or show it ;only if you do X, Y, and Z')..." adds nothing to the debate whatsoever.

If they have something, by all means take the time to document, etc properly and do due diligence, but ultimately you've got to put up a pony if you organize a pony show.

Mulder,If only you used this logic on other threads and held all of Bigfootery to that same standard.

Guest wudewasa

Here on BFF, you must register to view certain subforums for the free section of this site. No one cries foul over this. Terms and conditions may apply, you don't like them, don't sign up.

It seems that a lot of folks here want to have their zagnut bars and eat them too.

Ummmmm..,, so did they find/have one or not?

Has this been answered, yet? Or has this thread gone off on a tangent, like oh so many threads do?

Hi DW, I hope your ankle is feeling better. Some folks don't get the humor in your "statement", but I know when you lit that paper bag of dog poop and ran after leaving it on the porch, you are smiling when you see people stomp on it, you rascal.

Wud makes a good point. Is it wrong for anyone to demand things from Bigfooters? I can be guilty of it.I sometimes take investigations and evidence too serious and personal.