Finding Bigfoot

On the previous Finding Bigfoot the group started the show by visiting Stan Courtney of Illinois to listen to some of Stan’s recordings. Mr. Courtney is a long time Bigfoot Researcher who has a very interesting website that I have visited often. I was very turned off by the fact that Moneymaker totally dismissed Courtney’s recording as coyotes.

When that group is conducting their “night investigation†in a woods or forest in any area of this country and/or world now, any little bump in the night has to be a squatch yet Moneymaker intently or un-intently makes a fellow bigfooter, Stan Courtney look foolish. I don’t think you could blame Animal Planet’s edit department on that one.

Yeah, I noticed how all of the Finding Bigfoot cast is incredibly skeptical of Stan's recordings. It almost sounded like there was intent to diminish SC's work. Did they have a falling out at some point?

I mean, to me it sounds like Cows and Coyotes, but to Matt Moneymaker and Bobo, I thought it would have sounded a little bit more squatchy.

I agree Drew I thought the same thing you did, coyotes and possibly a cow or dog but.... they could have handled it much better than they did. If I was Stan Courtney I'd be angry.

Edited by chelefoot
To bring into compliance

In my ever so humble opinion, I personally think it would have been an embarrassment for anyone to say that recording was in any way squatchee, so why would the team intentionally embarrass themselves on their own program? Just a thought.

I agree Drew I thought the same thing you did, coyotes and possibly a cow or dog but.... they could have handled it much better than they did. If I was Stan Courtney I'd be angry.

Exactly Papa, this seemed like a set up to make the team look smarter at Stan's expense. He has done a ton of work for the BFRO, if you look at the reports he is investigator for pretty much all the Illinois reports recently (I'm next door in Indiana so I look at those). And he gets those up quick. Man, if that is how they treat their better members...

Edited by chelefoot
To bring quote into compliance

To be honest I've lost track of how many times they've embarrased themselfs.... but to Stan Courtney's defense, he records and listens to sounds 24/7. He picked up on something that sounded different in his own back yard. He may have misinterpted wrong or he may not have but how many times has the cast told a suposed eye witness " Dude you saw a squatch man".

Hey 1980squatch,

Looks like we're getting him surrounded, I'm from southern Wisconsin, Hey anyone from Iowa chime in

Edited by papabiggie

I really enjoy Stan's work and, if I watched this show, would make me unhappy to see him disrespected. Now, questioning a recording is fine, we should all question what we hear and evaluate it ourselves and form our own opinions, but I object to being disrespectful to someone who does excellent work and doesn't appear to have the puffed up ego so many well known bigfooters do have.

His recording of a quadrapedal "something" running very fast across a bridge in the wee hours of the morning is my all time favorite mystery (possible sasquatch) recording. I don't know what it is, but it gives me goosebumps every time.

Edited by madison5716

Guest Schmiml

I find it interesting that Bigfoot supposedly teach coyote pups to hunt for them, but BF can't learn to imitate creature sounds around them? I was also rather amused by Ranae--continually telling everyone that until she is hauled off/given a big ole' sloppy kiss/has one right in her face, she won't believe any other interpretation of any sighting or alleged evidence--but she isn't going to mess with the afterlife. Ah well, it is better viewing than watching the millionth episode of something to do with Hitler (my dad's fascination, not mine).

All that watch this show need to understand that it is TV and the simple fact is MM and the group are NOT the experts they portray. I know of very few true experts in this entire field. They tend to be experts in hiking, setting up unique search situations, sceaming into the woods and playing roles on TV. I do believe Cliff and BoBo to have some expertise in Sas as far as finding sign as well as cultural knowledge, Matt has expertise in front of a camera and his poor make up artist is challenged by Matt's hair.

Ranae, she actually seems to be the most knowledgeable from a scientific approach. I also feel that she is most likely going to change her mind at some point due to the overwhelming amount of evidence that she will have to acknowledge at some point. I could be wrong but we will see.

Stan Courtney in my opinion IS an expert in sounds, animal sounds and recording. He spends many many days outside and his dedication to what he does is certainly to me would make him a much better judge of what is a coyote or other animal or not. Stan is a member here and maybe he will chime in, but if he don't I wouldn't blame him either.

KB

"Ranae, she actually seems to be the most knowledgeable from a scientific approach. I also feel that she is most likely going to change her mind at some point due to the overwhelming amount of evidence that she will have to acknowledge at some point. I could be wrong but we will see."

LOL, not if she's getting the overwhelming evidence from Finding Big Foot.

I agree Frosty, but going out and talking to people and just being in the field many hours will help provide her with data. In a scientific approach, there should be a time when the amount of data will lend itself to being more and more open minded. That is the first step to learning and believing.

KB

I agree Frosty, but going out and talking to people and just being in the field many hours will help provide her with data. In a scientific approach, there should be a time when the amount of data will lend itself to being more and more open minded. That is the first step to learning and believing.

KB

I agree.................It only takes one reported sighting to be true in order for them to be real.

Though I have never seen one, I am pretty sure someone else has.

Guest blondeemama

The book called 'Missing 411 - by David Paulides' is of interest to me.

The book called 'Missing 411 - by David Paulides' is of interest to me. I would like to read it and compare what facts he has put in it, BUT all the online bookstores either do not carry it, sold out, or such as Amazon online want a whopping price of $236.00 or more upto $715.00! Is this true? He wants this much? I have never heard of book being that terribly outrageously expensiveT in the interest of cryptids. Not even were my college text books that spendy and I was in nursing. Does anyone have more information on this book? Thank you, jj

I checked the link above and indeed the books are very expensive. Elaine - the prices you are saying for under $15.00 are for trade-ins, not the selling price... fyi