Finding Bigfoot

Besides giving the 4 characters paying jobs and paid-for travel to exotic spots, has it also increased the number of people willing to go on BFRO expeditions? It seems like the BFRO expedition list got much longer this year as compared to, say, 2 years ago.

If it's purely entertainment and has nothing to do with real research ( which I agree with as the result of the show, not necessarily the intent), then why have the head and founder of the BFRO in a primary spot on the show? Because that does more than just imply that this is how BF research is done. So a lot of people are going to take it seriously. Same as all the folks that get up and fib their friggin butts off at the Town Liar sessions on the show. The bottom line is that is is not scripted. It is not comparable to ER. There are impressionable folks that are going to take it seriously. You only have to scroll a few pages back into this thread to find someone proclaiming the Pennsylvania episode as convincing evidence for the existence of Bigfoot.

If I took BF seriously, I would have a larger problem with this show. As it stands I just find it ridiculous. And to put a stoner like Bobo out front and center to encourage people to believe the crap he makes up based on whatever he smoked for breakfast is IMO rather irresponsible.

I think you'll find most other agree with that assessment at least in principle, but what are ya' gonna do about it. AP makes the show.

Who has EVER claimed television is responsible, lol???? That their moral compass is on straight?

I hope no one with half a brain.

I do not watch television and I no longer work in television or film production. I did so for ten years at major studios. There is some good programs and good films and good people, but it is a morally bankrupt industry that puts out crud because they CAN, plain and simple.

That was part of the reason I left (and the other part was becoming a parent in an industry that is decidedly not family-friendly).

The film and television industry is a BUSINESS. It is in the business to make money, as all businesses are. Just because ignorant people think it's business is to display truth on it's screen does not make it so.

Do not give television the power to tell you what is true and what isn't true, same with the internet. That's what advertising is about...telling you what is important (this brand of shampoo will make your life worth living!). I feel sorry for the people who think television is important in any way. Don't be dismayed at what you see - stop watching altogether. Don't believe the lies.

Having Matt on the show gives them the "believable" factor.

There are impressionable folks that are going to take it seriously.

There are impressionable consumers who are going to watch hours of commercials and buy products based on what they are exposed to over and over again.

Edited by madison5716

Guest teresap

I believe what a lot of you guys do....it is a show on TV. On the other hand I believe it has opened up a lot of peoples eyes to what may be in those woods!!!! A lot of people that have truly had some kind of encounter may not ever had said so, if not asked directly about it. I asked my father directly about it and found to my surprise that he had been aware of this sort of animal for 80 plus years!!! WHO KNEW????? I was shocked by his statements of they had been there all his life and was just a part of the woods. He also gave insight to what happened to my daughters pet goat 25 plus years ago. The goat was in a 4 ft. fence that enclosed 1 acre with our house.We only had the goat for a few months and one morning ...gone. Dad said he had seen some WIDE tracks in the dirt road behind our house and come to the conclusion something had snatched it up over the fence.He never told us then he said because he didn't want to upset my daughter.She was only five at the time and it was a baby goat too. My dad is in his 80's now and I was just told this a week or so ago because,__ I asked! So I think the more people that ask and talk about it the more common it will become.I think too, it is by chance and not a hunt that anyone will hear one. Just my opinion only.

Oh, I know the show also brings awareness to the potential reality of bigfoot.

I also am not sure that's a good thing - for the bigfoots. It could help those who have seen or experienced something to feel better about their experience, sure!

Guest teresap

The more talked about.. the more common... less mystery... less poking about. I agee it is not a good thing to hunt and possibly kill one. I believe they should be left alone to live as an animal lives. People are curious about something they don't see or understand and if more people say, sure I have heard them or seen them then maybe, just maybe, the "obsession" on catching or killing one will die down somewhat. And it has made me feel better about validating what I heard. Therfore I have no desire to search for or hunt down one. Just knowing I am not alone is ok with me.

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron
....Having Matt on the show gives them the "believable" factor.

Unfortunate, but there are a lot of very gullible people out there...... appearances ARE skin deep with this one, what you see is what you get. Thank God for Cliff and Bobo.

Edited by bipedalist

Admin

A good thing is that I will be at work getting paid to watch "Finding Bigfoot", with snacks and refreshments.

Thank God for Cliff and Bobo.

I'm grateful for Renae, myself. You have to eliminate the other likely suspects before concluding it is a Bigfoot or you wind up on a wild goose chase.

What I don't get about the show is why does it always push the false dichotomy that "It's either real or a fake."

Let's take the time they investigated the video that was taken on the rapids. I don't see how that couldn't be a hiker/camper/whatever wearing dark clothing and a hood that accidentally gotten captured on video. Why must they poison the well by suggesting "Man in a furry costume"?

Guest reelback
....Having Matt on the show gives them the "believable" factor.

Unfortunate, but there are a lot of very gullible people out there...... appearances ARE skin deep with this one, what you see is what you get. Thank God for Cliff and Bobo.

Bobo? Even my kids say he thinks everything is a squatch. It's over the top. Also, he's a pretty smart guy but he often sounds rather dumb sometimes with this comments. He should be a touch more skeptical.

Thank God for Cliff and Bobo.

I'm grateful for Renae, myself. You have to eliminate the other likely suspects before concluding it is a Bigfoot or you wind up on a wild goose chase.

What I don't get about the show is why does it always push the false dichotomy that "It's either real or a fake."

Let's take the time they investigated the video that was taken on the rapids. I don't see how that couldn't be a hiker/camper/whatever wearing dark clothing and a hood that accidentally gotten captured on video. Why must they poison the well by suggesting "Man in a furry costume"?

Renae would need to have a Bigfoot come and give her wet kiss......and then she would say....I found that there is no conclusive evidence that what I experience, could be explained by misidentification. There is no solid evidence to say that wasn't a tall man in a monkey suit.

^^^^

I'm sorry, is this Poe's law in effect?

If not, that's a gross mischaracterisation of skepticism at work.

Edited by BigGinger
To Remove Quoted Text Directly Above

Guest Cowlitz2

For me, Cliff comes the closest to being credible/believable; at least a capable actor. I would like to attend one of their town hall meetings to watch the people in the room and any crowd handling techniques used. Editing takes any reality out of the episodes. It remains entertainment, that frankly is getting boring. I continue to look here in SE WA for people that have had experiences and are willing to talk about them. I have traveled through prime country weekly for 10 years; (Hwy 12) between Longview and the Tri-Cities (weekly) am am yet to see one. Have seen lots of stuff but not a BF. Those that have chance encounters are in my book very lucky. Shoot the folks with all the gear have a hard time getting a Class A sighting as well. What is the probability of stumbling into a sighting?