Finding Bigfoot

Actually dmaker, I agree with Grover Krantz;

"Some reputable scientists would study a possible primate in North America and parts of Eurasia, but when you throw in South America, Africa, and Australia just for good measure they will back off. The possibility of multiple species of such animals might avoid this problem, but it only serves to raise another. For science to have missed one large species of unknown primate is difficult enough to swallow. To claim there are still more of them only strains to the breaking point whatever credibility there may have been."

I DO THINK there are mulitple species of such animal and I also agree it would strain to the breaking point credibility there may have been. Because now we would need to have confirmation of EVERY species for science to accept. So, there is absolutely no argument for me there at all. However, if 1 species were absolutely proved, that would open the door that ALL the other species might exist. You got to understand he is discussing stories about bipedal primates, he was not talking about a proven species. If a body or other irrefutable evidence comes out, this changes everything.

KB

If Finding Bigfoot is going international like Ghost Hunters did, than at the very least they need to replace Moneymaker. Apart from being as clownish as all get out, speaking as an American, he does nothing but reinforce the global image of Americans as being loud, rude, and arrogant.

Guest Bigfoothunter

If Finding Bigfoot is going international like Ghost Hunters did, than at the very least they need to replace Moneymaker. Apart from being as clownish as all get out, speaking as an American, he does nothing but reinforce the global image of Americans as being loud, rude, and arrogant.

I understand your sentiments as Moneymaker makes a fool out of himself nearly each time he opens his mouth. My impression about him is that he is attempting to appear as an authority on the Sasquatch by continually stating things as fact as most of his viewers won't know any better. He basically called one witness a liar when the man said that the creature he saw had a lighter looking face that was all one color. Moneymaker said that 'we know' that all Sasquatch have a black nose much like a dog, which in reality he could not possibly know unless he has seen all the Sasquatch there are. On one hand he says all Sasquatch have a black nose and on another he supports the Patterson film as being real while unaware that Bob Gimlin said the creature he saw from as near as 50 feet or so had a face that was a reddish tan color all over. I mentioned to Gimlin what Moneymaker said about all of them have a black nose and Bob said that this is simply not true and doesn't know why Moneymaker would make such a ridiculous declaration.

I was really disappointed in Cliff Barackman when they went to Illinois and he played an electric bass guitar in an attempt to attract a Sasquatch. If that was not silly enough, afterwards when the sound of a few leaves being stepped on were heard, Cliff called his bass playing a success for he attributed the sound of leaves be stepped on to there being a Sasquatch near by. (sigh)

I swear them people could go to Central Park and leave it claiming they had an encounter.

Edited by Bigfoothunter

Guest Skunkmonkey991

Gotta love Moneymaker...what the HELL is with that haircut?? The show has probably reached its limits. Maybe they should do like Bear Gryles did and have "Celebrity Finding Bigfoot" imagine guest host William Shatner in the field.....

I would rather have Spock in the field, that would be comical!! The eyebrow would raise at every statement with the words....."that is illogical"!

KB

Gotta love Moneymaker...what the HELL is with that haircut?? The show has probably reached its limits. Maybe they should do like Bear Gryles did and have "Celebrity Finding Bigfoot" imagine guest host William Shatner in the field.....

That would be awesome to go Bear Gryles. Every time Bobo said, dude you totally saw a squatch...Moneymaker would have to drink his own pee.

I understand your sentiments as Moneymaker makes a fool out of himself nearly each time he opens his mouth. My impression about him is that he is attempting to appear as an authority on the Sasquatch by continually stating things as fact as most of his viewers won't know any better. He basically called one witness a liar when the man said that the creature he saw had a lighter looking face that was all one color. Moneymaker said that 'we know' that all Sasquatch have a black nose much like a dog, which in reality he could not possibly know unless he has seen all the Sasquatch there are. On one hand he says all Sasquatch have a black nose and on another he supports the Patterson film as being real while unaware that Bob Gimlin said the creature he saw from as near as 50 feet or so had a face that was a reddish tan color all over. I mentioned to Gimlin what Moneymaker said about all of them have a black nose and Bob said that this is simply not true and doesn't know why Moneymaker would make such a ridiculous declaration.

I was really disappointed in Cliff Barackman when they went to Illinois and he played an electric bass guitar in an attempt to attract a Sasquatch. If that was not silly enough, afterwards when the sound of a few leaves being stepped on were heard, Cliff called his bass playing a success for he attributed the sound of leaves be stepped on to there being a Sasquatch near by. (sigh)

I swear them people could go to Central Park and leave it claiming they had an encounter.

I agree, wholly. Most of the crap they do is what I've been taught in the BSA you should do to keep away wild animals. I suspect none of them were ever in the scouts.

And, I claimed up thread that the only way the Finding Bigfoot crew will ever find an actual Bigfoot is if Moneymaker was to literally trip over the corpse of one and fall face first in a pile of fresh Bigfoot poo. I stand by this statement.

I would rather have Spock in the field, that would be comical!! The eyebrow would raise at every statement with the words....."that is illogical"!

KB

I know that Ghost Hunters did something similar when they had Meatloaf guest staring on their show on one episode, but neither Shatner nor Nimoy are really outdoors men. Especially Nimoy, I hear he's not in good health these days.

It's a fun show. But nothing to be taken too seriously, in my opinion. And they are never going to find anything with their field techniques. I think it might, in some instances, do more harm than good for the "image" of researchers. Not to say they had a great mass image in the first place.

• 2 weeks later...

What I find curious is that they never appear to cross paths with any wildlife whatsoever, which only seems to reinforce my impression that they really don't know anything about hunting, tracking, or woodsmanship. They or their crew must be making such a ruckus that they drive everything away. And if they are seeing potential prey items, why would they think anything else would be out and about?

Because it sells TV advertising slots ...