Finding Bigfoot

Kind of looking forward to this Sunday's season finale. Hopefully they bring out the big guns and wrap up with one of their more active investigations.

Or BoBo's brilliant rave in the woods. Have a rave, they will come, because that is well known Bigfoot behavior.

That wasn't their stupidest idea in my opinion, setting off the fireworks show in the woods was. Made me shudder, that did.

The show is heavy on the confirmation bias and does more to harm the Bigfoot enthusiast than help it, but that aside I think it's better to treat it as a comedy than anything else.

I also had some concern about the fireworks in the woods. They could have easily started a fire.

One of the problems I have with "FB" is that the things they are doing (noise, fireworks, etc.) might actually be legitimate.

But not in the way they are doing them.

Read the Operation Persistence thread here and you find that the animals were coming to them at night. This didn't happen for awhile. It seems obvious to me, given what other animals do, that the wildlife in an area sits up, takes notice - and disappears - when it initially detects humans moving into an area. It takes them a while to come back. When that happens is when the wildlife aren't getting shot at or trapped; the humans build things, stay inside them, pretty much, and before long the things are just additional features on the edge of the woods; ...and then things start to happen that say to the animals: food. (Gardens. Crops. Pets. Garbage cans. Outdoor grills and the associated smells.) Foraging is hard work. When humans make it easier, and the wildlife aren't being persecuted, they are going to check that out.

The very flaw with the "FB" approach is that they arrive, yell, bang stuff, and leave well within the wildlife-have-vacated window. (Which re-starts when Bobo starts setting off fireworks.) Unless they find a deaf and blind and curious bigfoot - yeah, the first two make the third kinda problematical - they'll never do anything but hear faint distant sounds that can't be reconciled with anything.

The only way a TV show is going to show anything interesting or legitimate of this kind is if it "telescopes" a long research period, with lots of discussion of evidence interspersed with highlights from the long-term stay. Think the post-episodes on "Planet Earth" where you found out how really really hard it was to shoot birds of paradise, or snow leopards, or African hunting dogs, or camels...without having to get more than a really (really!) good hint of what a long long long wait in a blind feels like.

(Naaah. Pro bono. Free. Yours. Take it. Prove sasquatch and I'll consider that my payment.)

Thanks for the link Dmaker. Interesting. Shows how some (both Ranae and Probst) are closed minded to anything as they will comment on how the PGF couldn't possibly be real, but will not even look at Bill Munns extensive report.

Also love how Ranae says if it's real, replicate it. Well Ranae, isn't that what you guys are supposed to be doing, trying to replicate the filming of a Sasquatch? And, which is one of the reasons I think the PGF is real, if it's just someone in a suit, why can't someone replicate it?

Uhm, no. They were not arguing that it couldn't possibly be real, they were arguing with Bob the Morons' assertion that is real and that it could be proven real "mathematically". Probst was simply saying that Bobo cannot say that %100, and Bobo in typical brain dead Bobo fashion opened his mouth and made himself look like a fool.

SSR Team

Uhm, no. They were not arguing that it couldn't possibly be real, they were arguing with Bob the Morons' assertion that is real and that it could be proven real "mathematically". Probst was simply saying that Bobo cannot say that %100, and Bobo in typical brain dead Bobo fashion opened his mouth and made himself look like a fool.

I don't think that's needed.

Thumbs down.

They have to make it interesting or fun to watch. Would anyone watch if they sit quietly in dark silence?

If their efforts produced more results than it currently is, yes.

Thanks for the link Dmaker. Interesting. Shows how some (both Ranae and Probst) are closed minded to anything as they will comment on how the PGF couldn't possibly be real, but will not even look at Bill Munns extensive report.

Also love how Ranae says if it's real, replicate it. Well Ranae, isn't that what you guys are supposed to be doing, trying to replicate the filming of a Sasquatch? And, which is one of the reasons I think the PGF is real, if it's just someone in a suit, why can't someone replicate it?

First, I agree with Bobby that the insults to Bobo are uncalled for. That said I will agree Bobo is the last one who needs to try and argue a scientific point. But, he gave it a shot, too bad Barackman didn't chime in as it looked like Bobo had hoped would happen. But Bobo is not completely wrong there, the proportions do not indicate it is possible for it to be a human in a suit. Now whether or not how those proportions were arrived at are solid, I can't say, it will take someone more well versed in that than myself to answer it, so I won't try.

But back to the video, they DID say the PGF couldn't possibly be real, if by no other method than saying BigFoot does not exist. That's why Bobo brought up the proportions thing and thence the argument ensued. Neither Ranae nor Probst has viewed Bill Munns extensive work on the PGF so both are discussing the subject from a point of ignorance. Bill Munns is not some BigFoot believer who tried to use psuedo-science to prove the PGF is real, he went into it as not having much opinion one way or the other. Bill and his report are exactly opposite of what the Ketchum report is. Bill uses solid science and known fact to draw his judgements and let's the results fall where they may, and so far they are falling on the plus side for the PGF.

However, Bill will be the first to tell you his is an ongoing investigation and the final verdict is not in, if it ever is. But he is doing solid research, which is what everyone wants, even the skeptics. So to dismiss what he has ascertained is to dismiss science and unbiased research. His findings are not irrefutable proof, agreed, so it cannot be said 100% that the PGF depicts a true BF, however they are proof that the PGF cannot easily be written off as a hoax.

That is what non-believers such as yourself, Ranae and Probst have trouble dealing with. If BF doesn't possibly exist the Bill Munns efforts must be flawed. But the exact opposite is true. Bill's methods are solid, which is why the PGF should be given at least a "Plausible", using the Mythbusters scale.

^^^Right. Munns has approached this subject impeccably, with serious skepticism and no bias, and from a position of world-class expertise.

Whatever his conclusion is, it tips the scales - decidedly - in that direction.

And he thinks Patty is the real thing.

And right on the insults. Red herring. Does no good to blame the animal's nonexistence on the people searching for it.

When you go on tv and say idiotic things week after week then people are going to poke fun at you. Bobo should learn to keep his trap shut since he can't open it without something ridiculous coming out.

When you go on tv and say idiotic things week after week then people are going to poke fun at you. Bobo should learn to keep his trap shut since he can't open it without something ridiculous coming out.

Again I agree with the others that was uncalled

for. Bo Bo is Bo Bo like him or not he is cool and he has been around.

LOL, he is cool and has been around? That's all it takes for people to be okay with him going on TV and making up facts seemingly on the spot ( BF train coyote pups to hunt?) and spreading misinformation ( PGF has been mathematically proven to be real?). Considering a fairly large portion of this shows' audience are probably young, you would think people would want Bobo speaking the truth, but hey it's Bigfoot, so why bother with facts, right?

When you go on tv and say idiotic things week after week then people are going to poke fun at you. Bobo should learn to keep his trap shut since he can't open it without something ridiculous coming out

Had to laugh at this, dmaker. Wow, people on a reality entertainment show on television saying something stupid. Now THAT'S something new!

I hate that folks here take this show seriously. It's ENTERTAINMENT and nothing, nothing, nothing else. It is NOT research in any way, shape or form. If joe-public thinks it's more, so what? No one at the studio cares what joe-public thinks, as long as they continue to watch and the show continues to make money. That's IT. Bottom line. And folks must like it, because they watch it. So, the studio will think - if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Make hay while the sun shines, and rake in that dough. If Bobo and Matt say stupid things, it's great entertainment and people enjoy that. That's all it's about.

If we were all 300 EMT's on a private bulletin board ripping apart the Emergency Room doctors' techniques on "ER", and expecting it to be REAL medical procedures and techniques and debating about it until the cows come home, then that would be sad and silly. Same here, folks.

Edited by madison5716

Guest njjohn

If the show does nothing else, it brings awareness to the masses. The reports and stories give some enough courage to come out and tell their own stories. Lance Armstrong is the lowest of the lows for his actions, but his Livestrong foundation which didn't do any cancer research, still raised awareness on a huge scale.

I think that's why the only part of the show I really pay attention too are the reports from the people at the town halls and followups.

I wouldn't even pay much attention to most of them. We do know that some of them are real, because we have Nathan's experience with them on the show, but some could definitely be attention-seekers who just want to get on television. Hopefully they have a good screening process in place.

The only interest I have in the show is Cliff's breakdowns on his own website. Now, THOSE are interesting!

If it's purely entertainment and has nothing to do with real research ( which I agree with as the result of the show, not necessarily the intent), then why have the head and founder of the BFRO in a primary spot on the show? Because that does more than just imply that this is how BF research is done. So a lot of people are going to take it seriously. Same as all the folks that get up and fib their friggin butts off at the Town Liar sessions on the show. The bottom line is that is is not scripted. It is not comparable to ER. There are impressionable folks that are going to take it seriously. You only have to scroll a few pages back into this thread to find someone proclaiming the Pennsylvania episode as convincing evidence for the existence of Bigfoot.

If I took BF seriously, I would have a larger problem with this show. As it stands I just find it ridiculous. And to put a stoner like Bobo out front and center to encourage people to believe the crap he makes up based on whatever he smoked for breakfast is IMO rather irresponsible.