Rick Dyer Again

Guest Scout1959

Guest WldHrtRnch

Why would someone announce that they are going to do a hoax eh? LOL

Spoof or not, if he is caught in a hoax, all he has to say is, "well, it was there, on my website, you were all idiots to believe". He did this same thing after being exposed in 2008. It's his insurance so to speak.

And I've certainly never seen another BFer do anything similar.

Edited by WldHrtRnch

Guest Steve Byrne

Steve Byrne, do you remember who the video was posted by? I don't know much about props, but that seems like a pretty sophisticated prop for it to have the hands, face, and head moving like that. I'm not saying they can't make one that does that, but it seems like it would be very costly.

Did you post that video to FB/FB's page or anywhere else?

I wish I had. At the time, I watched it, dismissed the whole thing and pretty well cleared it from my mind. I assumed everyone would see it and the whole thing (still small) would blow over. The analogies for me, to having a sighting and being a witness are undeniable. No proof... just a story. People may doubt the story, but I hope that some of the other viewers will confirm it. No one on RL has, but things bf are not exactly front burner there any more. Odd's may be better here, but someone else surely would have blogged it here. Worst case, we wait for the film, Which Rick Dyer and Robert Lindsay have now diabolically obligated me to buy a copy of...

The prop itself looked like it had kind of a vertical "post" type handle and a looser cape portion below the head. They're available in the film industry with controls for a few movements built into the handles. It may have been rented or be from an older film and not cost much... all guesses. Did RD know any film people?

Guest VioletX

I am a bit confused Steve, was this shot from the same vantage point as the tent video, was it the tent video prior to being edited, was it a rehearsal for the tent video,lol, just trying to imagine it in my head,

I wish I had. At the time, I watched it, dismissed the whole thing and pretty well cleared it from my mind. I assumed everyone would see it and the whole thing (still small) would blow over. The analogies for me, to having a sighting and being a witness are undeniable. No proof... just a story. People may doubt the story, but I hope that some of the other viewers will confirm it. No one on RL has, but things bf are not exactly front burner there any more. Odd's may be better here, but someone else surely would have blogged it here. Worst case, we wait for the film, Which Rick Dyer and Robert Lindsay have now diabolically obligated me to buy a copy of...

The prop itself looked like it had kind of a vertical "post" type handle and a looser cape portion below the head. They're available in the film industry with controls for a few movements built into the handles. It may have been rented or be from an older film and not cost much... all guesses. Did RD know any film people?

Oh yes I think i know of those types of props. They have holes underneath where someones hand is concealed? A bit like this:

Guest Steve Byrne

Oh for goodness sake - this is a joke blog!!! This is what footers do who are obsessed with one up man ship. This is the kind of joke that footers do who spend all their days sparring against eachother proving whose the best whose the worst. Its a spoof guys its a not very funny rather silly spoof! Why would someone announce that they are going to do a hoax eh? LOL

Rehabilitate haha! Thats a good word Belmar. I think hes not so much 'rehabilitating' but rather loosing his mind....

Blimey just seen that your quote here is on RD's blog! Yikes! Actually I have to say that re-reading this post, you say that after viewing the film you thought 'oh well another one bites the dust'? So that means that until that point up until you saw the 'rehearsal video' you were hoping the camper video to be real even though you knew it was filmed by Rick Dyer? Strange? I am perplexed?

No... I had no idea it was Dyer back then. It was just this short little video getting lots of interest and no one had ID'd the tent yet. Hoaxes don't interest me, unless they were somehow mechanically very clever, so when I saw the "RV" I felt the disappointment of lost time and having another mundane answer to my more worthy curiosity.

I'm getting quoted on RD?

how do I get there? this is priceless!

Here are facts:

RD once was part of a big hoax

RD has since changed his views on Bigfoots' existence and has been trying to find a bigfoot for several years now (has travelled to other countries in this quest with organised expeditions)

Sorry, but his trips to other countries were more about posting pictures with his new "Girlfriends" (working girls to put it nicely) than anything else. Sort of "we got ya" posts bragging about money and women.

Guest Steve Byrne

I am a bit confused Steve, was this shot from the same vantage point as the tent video, was it the tent video prior to being edited, was it a rehearsal for the tent video,lol, just trying to imagine it in my head,

Correct... it was like pre tent video. I think that the camera was stopped and started after it, to make a clean file and to get the rummaging around footage. It was the same as tent video in everyway, except you see more out the window.

So we're now on 54 pages. 54 pages of not very much to be fair. Either way, our hoaxing, faking friend Mr Dyer will be loving every minute of this attention.

Just to be completely clear on this. There is no real great debate. In reality we have two ladies that seem to having a bit of fun with this. Whilst the vast majority of the rest of us have got Dyer's number. No one in this thread has any great belief in Rick Dyer's claims expect Jacki whose resilience has to be credited although most would find her arguments less than compelling.

It's VERY important that Dyer is finally exposed we cannot claim that he had us 'all' fooled.

So we're now on 54 pages. 54 pages of not very much to be fair. Either way, our hoaxing, faking friend Mr Dyer will be loving every minute of this attention.

Just to be completely clear on this. There is no real great debate. In reality we have two ladies that seem to having a bit of fun with this. Whilst the vast majority of the rest of us have got Dyer's number. No one in this thread has any great belief in Rick Dyer's claims expect Jacki whose resilience has to be credited although most would find her arguments less than compelling.

It's VERY important that Dyer is finally exposed we cannot claim that he had us 'all' fooled.

aw nooooo...am I less than compelling :( You are so mean MarkGlasgow! :) Last week, I offered to give up on this story and was met with 'no dont do that we like your 'for' approach as it keeps us thinking. Shall I give up MarkG?

Is there anyone else here who thinks this thread is worth contributing to? Is there anyone else (other than you VioletX) who thinks that this story may be true and so therefore worth discussing the possibilities of it being true?

Guest VioletX

Mark,lol, I beg you to make a new thread with RD's number on it, whereupon you and the vast majority can claim not to have been fooled, I promise to visit it for updates.

We will in the meantime continue having fun! :laugh:

(but it will be lonely over here without you)

This thread is entertaining, but there is no way in heck that there is any doubt as to whether or not this is a hoax in my opinion. I read this thread for entertainment and for when the obvious truth finally comes out without dispute.

This appears to be the nail in the coffin for Dyer..thanks for bringing this to our attention,