Rick Dyer Again

Guest Scout1959

Guest VioletX

I remember hearing and seeing that if it was on BFE, I thought at the time that it was said in sarcasm...I wish I could find it, but that would mean reading way too many comments on the BFE Blog,lol!

I didn't save the link or anything :(. I never imagined we would be in such a situation.

Doesn't matter. There will be people who say he was just kidding around.

Guest Ishcabibble

Been out a couple of days with a sick kid, so it took a while to get caught up and wanted to add a couple of thoughts. I don't have a stake in this either way, but here's my .02 cents.

"John, I think "character" is a kind of fiction we invented to feel safer.

I think everybody's character can change in an instant. What do we say when the guy who's been toe-ing the line for millions of years suddenly snaps and does something we don't like? Or when someone who's been horrible in the past does something good?"

Leaftalker, your post brings up an excellent point, and one which is central to these kinds of discussions. It's a little like the standard disclaimers one sees on a stock fund, the old "past performance is not an indicator of future performance." And while I agree with others here that a persons character is often defined by their past, it is not outside the realm of possibility that someone of good character could do something wrong or, and more important to this discussion, someone of poor character could do something right. I'm certainly not defending RD, nor am I judging him, it just seems to me that any judgement of character needs to be tempered.

"Well...Let's break this down...What are the ODDS of capturing a BF and it's DYER who is the one responsible! In all the 15000 history of this creature we have NOTHING..BUBKISS..NADA as far as a body or any remains. Then along comes a known HOAXER and con man...low and behold HE's THE ONE person on this ENTIRE PLANET to accomplish what NO HUMAN BEING has been able to do (and this includes just finding body parts and bones!). Yep...Dyer has the magic touch...the RIBS did it..yeah that's it! LOL."

"Whether we call them coincidences, synchronicities, or ironies, however, these occurrences are much more common than most people realize." - John Allen Paulos.

If you base the statistical probability on whether a certain individual has an experience or whether a certain experience is had by an indivual yields two very different outcomes. Irony and coincidence is much more mundane than most people realize so it is not statistically improbable that he could have had this experience. Put all the people like him out there looking for this thing and it could probably happen to one of them. Again, and more emphatically this time, I don't have a stake on this whole RD thing one way or the other. Personally, I think it's a hoax until I see an analysis from an accredited university, but dismissing it simply because the "odds" are against it may not be the best arguement.

And one final thought, with all the discussion of the integrity of Minnow and whether they would knowingly film a hoax as a kind of counterpoint, there seems to me to be a third possibility. That Minnow, after being around RD recognized the impact of filming the result of a BF hoax. It could be called legitimate, and we would all be unwitting players in this real documentary of what transpires.

Just some thoughts.

• Upvote 1

Hi again, pretty active thread.

The head off the costume Ronn1 (ty) showed us looks really close to the prop from the tent video. I hadn't really noticed how bald it was until looking at that. Whether or not it is the same one, it is also the typical baldness of sasquatch costumes found in the industry, but I've never read described by witnesses. I thought "prop", because there is a guy holding it.

To clarify... I found the rehearsal video by searching for "tent video hoax" or "tent video faked". Or it may have been "camper video hoaxed" or "camper video faked", I don't remember. I had really put it out of my head, and then weeks later I read on Robert Lindsay that someone figured out it was Rick Dyer's tent, but that FB/FB had ranked it #2. And then later that the story was this shooting thing and that Robert believed it 100% true. That's when I spoke up on RL. That was weeks ago. A member from here saw it and asked me to come over here to tell about it. The puzzling part for me is why I saw what I saw. It makes sense if Dyer wasn't planning the whole story at that time, and was just gonna punk FB/FB, then later changed his mind, or if someone internal leaked it. It's still strange. I know it seems odd that I would just show up and throw this out, but there it is.

The rest of this seems to be following the script. Musky Allen and Rick Dyer go way back as skeptics... they are buddies now, regardless of the antagonistic theatrics they are currently promoting. I believe that Allen is going to Vegas and he and Dyer are gonna party. Perhaps there will be a Musky Allen press conference where he will describe amazing things. I honestly don't understand a skeptic taking any interest in this, especially for years and years like Musky and Dyer. I perceive any turnaround on Dyer's part as the setup for this hoax, which very well may have been months or years in the making.

Remember Guy Edwards "5 steps of a bigfoot hoax"

1. Announcement

2. Attack on Naysayers

3. Delay of evidence

4. Additional delay of evidence

5. "You were Hoaxed" hahahahaha

What do you do if the naysayers don't show up and people believe? You double down with "the story" and reannounce. No controversy is no news, no press and no money. Leaving people fooled is not part of this game. They must be MADE fools of, or the ego of the hoaxer gets no food. In this case, some income is probably anticipated in the production of the film, so it's a complete no-lose situation for Rick Dyer.

It keeps giving me an "illegal characters in URL", when I try to post on his (Dyer's) website... is it rigged? any ITers have any tips? He's calling me a liar and I'd love to chat with him about it...

ya acative thread.....so did you do a cache search or what?

let me guess......no i didn't have the time but I posted after ignoring what you posted....I deleted my cache... the MIB took my putert but left a lap top so I could keep posting.....like they say on CBS during the post game show.....COMON" MAN

Guest VioletX

ya acative thread.....so did you do a cache search or what?

let me guess......no i didn't have the time but I posted after ignoring what you posted....I deleted my cache... the MIB took my putert but left a lap top so I could keep posting.....like they say on CBS during the post game show.....COMON" MAN

lol, yes , show us the cached Tent video, you could be rich and you do not even know it, lol!

lol, yes , show us the cached Tent video, you could be rich and you do not even know it, lol!

kinda the same thing they have been telling RD.....just sayin

"Well...Let's break this down...What are the ODDS of capturing a BF and it's DYER who is the one responsible! In all the 15000 history of this creature we have NOTHING..BUBKISS..NADA as far as a body or any remains. Then along comes a known HOAXER and con man...low and behold HE's THE ONE person on this ENTIRE PLANET to accomplish what NO HUMAN BEING has been able to do (and this includes just finding body parts and bones!). Yep...Dyer has the magic touch...the RIBS did it..yeah that's it! LOL."

"Whether we call them coincidences, synchronicities, or ironies, however, these occurrences are much more common than most people realize." - John Allen Paulos.

If you base the statistical probability on whether a certain individual has an experience or whether a certain experience is had by an indivual yields two very different outcomes. Irony and coincidence is much more mundane than most people realize so it is not statistically improbable that he could have had this experience. Put all the people like him out there looking for this thing and it could probably happen to one of them. Again, and more emphatically this time, I don't have a stake on this whole RD thing one way or the other. Personally, I think it's a hoax until I see an analysis from an accredited university, but dismissing it simply because the "odds" are against it may not be the best arguement.

And one final thought, with all the discussion of the integrity of Minnow and whether they would knowingly film a hoax as a kind of counterpoint, there seems to me to be a third possibility. That Minnow, after being around RD recognized the impact of filming the result of a BF hoax. It could be called legitimate, and we would all be unwitting players in this real documentary of what transpires.

Just some thoughts.

I don't think this is akin to the fallacy of *rolling the dice*...which goes like this: You have rolled 10 DOUBLE SIXES in a row...so the odds of rolling another DOUBLE SIX are very very low. WRONG! past rolls don't effect the odds of future rolls! Having said this...the *odds* of Dyer finding a BF, which would NORMALLY be the same as any other enterprising BF hunter, are NOT the same. Prior activity (as a HOAXER) in this instance DOES effect the accessment of odds considerably.

As far as Minnow knowingly filming a hoax?..sure..that's one possibilty. Another would be to simply to re-create the reports of homeless living in tents and reporting BF in that area.

Edited by ronn1

@ishcabibble - If I would have said it's not likely to be true because of RD's past alone, then yes, character issues should be tempered. What I said is that his character and past with multiple hoaxes has to be included in the overall picture.

You've seen the fake photos he tried to claim were real posted in this thread. You know about the 2008 Hoax. He claimed another body in 2009 that was taken by MIB, and now this body. If you ignore all that, you aren't keeping an open mind about it all.

I don't claim to know if it's true or not, I'm just saying that a person's past, especially RD's, requires a higher level of proof than if it were just someone unknown. It's not a bad thing to demand a higher level of scrutiny. I've said the same about Justin's claim. I don't know if it's true or not. But his actions of pushing for the truth by having an independent DNA study instead of waiting for Ketchum's report, add his credibility, not hurt it. It could just be a coincidence, but everything leading up to this sounds too close to what happened in 2008 in Georgia.

I'm here waiting for the truth to come out along with everyone else :)

If RD has a body and is right about the claims, why does he need to defend all of the hoax claims. The truth will come out and he will be the king of finding BF. if it is a hoax, he is done.

So why is he defensive?

All his critics will be proven wrong with the body!

Yes...and Bringing Muskey in is part of that pattern isn't it? It's all a SHOW...drama and all..as evidenced RIGHT HERE on this thread...LOL