Rick Dyer Again

Guest Scout1959

if it is a hoax, he is done.

I lost faith in RD after his first reported hoax and can't believe he is getting more than the 15 minutes of fame he garnered from that. No matter how many times he crys wolf, (some) people continue to believe him. Go figure.

This time it's possible Musky could be an unwilling participant....Dyer's in control here, so he could have Muskey simply view a fake body. Why not?

Musky won't be able to really examin it in any significant manner. Of course..he could be a SHILL..that's certainly possible too.

Edited by ronn1

Guest Ishcabibble

"I don't think this is akin to the fallacy of *rolling the dice*...which goes like this: You have rolled 10 DOUBLE SIXES in a row...so the odds of rolling another DOUBLE SIX is very very low. WRONG! past rolls don't effect the odds of future rolls! Having said this...the *odds* of Dyer finding a BF, which would NORMALLY be the same as any other enterprising BF hunter, are NOT the same. Prior activity (as a HOAXER) in this instance DOES effect the accessment of odds considerably.

As far as Minnow knowingly filming a hoax?..sure..that's one possibilty. Another would be to simply to re-create the reports of homeless living in tents and reporting BF in that area."

I guess I didn't mean to imply the fallacy of a "gambler's run". I was only trying to point out that coincidence and irony are much more likely than people think. If you put 200 people, randomly selected, into a room, I would bet money that 2 share a common birthday. I don't know the exact date, but 2 share a birthday. So, there is a significant difference between saying "this individual had x experience" and "this experience happened to x individual" I'm not trying to support or deny the RD claim, I'm just saying that we can't mathematically discount it. The question of his character and past add an unknown variable.

The question of his character and past add an unknown variable.

I think in this instance the SPECIFIC factor of

*PAST HOAXER* is more than just an unknown variable. It goes directly to the odds of this being a hoax as well. I will concede, however, that it's certainly not quantifiable. Let me ask you this...if you ABSOLUTELY HAD to decide.... one way or another... on this particular issue..which way would you go? I rest my case.

Edited by ronn1

Guest Ishcabibble

@ishcabibble - If I would have said it's not likely to be true because of RD's past alone, then yes, character issues should be tempered. What I said is that his character and past with multiple hoaxes has to be included in the overall picture.

You've seen the fake photos he tried to claim were real posted in this thread. You know about the 2008 Hoax. He claimed another body in 2009 that was taken by MIB, and now this body. If you ignore all that, you aren't keeping an open mind about it all.

I don't claim to know if it's true or not, I'm just saying that a person's past, especially RD's, requires a higher level of proof than if it were just someone unknown. It's not a bad thing to demand a higher level of scrutiny. I've said the same about Justin's claim. I don't know if it's true or not. But his actions of pushing for the truth by having an independent DNA study instead of waiting for Ketchum's report, add his credibility, not hurt it. It could just be a coincidence, but everything leading up to this sounds too close to what happened in 2008 in Georgia.

I'm here waiting for the truth to come out along with everyone else :)

Wow...Sorry if I offended you nj, my comment was really just a reflection on leaftalkers post that got me thinking. My only point was that character, like leaf pointed out, can be a bit of a moving target.

And yes, I'm here waiting for the truth to come out along with everyone else.

Thank you for sharing this information. It sounds very plausible.

Doh!
  • Ok. So I thought I would try emailing Rick Dyer on Facebook to ask about the idea of Musky being a Shill. Didnt think I would get a reply but I did! This is what he has said and gave me permission to distribute this on here:
    Rick Dyer
    Musky and I are the furthest thing away from friends He called me out on my show and I stuck my foot in my mouth and invited him out... No way Musky is the plant...lol I don't even like the dude

And besides why?? It doesn't even make sense if you think about it there's no money in Bigfoot unless you really do have a body.. He's paying. $600 + for this trip with the airfare and hotel.... It doesn't make any sense for this to be a hoax....

So I suggest telling viewers just use common sense.

But that's okay because the proof is the proof.. It's not like I'm sending off a piece of Bear-meat to get DNA tested.. And a wild story.... I started with a tent video.. In the near future will be HD video and then the body. No worries that's why I have a big smile on my face

Everyone knows it's true.. They have been trying to bust this since September, when that failed they went after my personal life, when that failed they start making up @@@.

Feel free to reprint this conversation..

..straight from the horses mouth! Perhaps we should do this more often?

Okay I am a sucker for punishment! I tried calling Minnow again to try get some more info and this time I spoke to a guy. Unfortunately he just would not give ANYTHING away at all and just replied with 'iam sorry but I havent worked on this particular production so I cant answer that question'. I even asked him 'so if a rumour was circulating the internet about any one of Minnows films and that rumour was false, would Minnow not want to correct that rumour'? No, just met with sorry I dont know. I then asked about when the premier will be and press releases and no, no comment. Was told to direct an email to the appropriate person which I wont do as it doesnt go anywhere!

So there you go. They are a closed book on this.

Edited by JackiLB

If this body is on ice....how well is musky even going to be able to examine it. ( as if there is a real body lol )

I mean RD can't just let it thaw out, because then it would start to decompose. Supposedly, this body has been on ice for 6 months now.

I also find it very difficult to imagine RD even being able to store it or knowing someone else who can. Can you imagine trying to store a polar bear intact? That's similar to the size of a bigfoot.

Doh!

• Ok. So I thought I would try emailing Rick Dyer on Facebook to ask about the idea of Musky being a Shill. Didnt think I would get a reply but I did! This is what he has said and gave me permission to distribute this on here:
    Rick Dyer
    Musky and I are the furthest thing away from friends He called me out on my show and I stuck my foot in my mouth and invited him out... No way Musky is the plant...lol I don't even like the dude

And besides why?? It doesn't even make sense if you think about it there's no money in Bigfoot unless you really do have a body.. He's paying. $600 + for this trip with the airfare and hotel.... It doesn't make any sense for this to be a hoax....

So I suggest telling viewers just use common sense.

But that's okay because the proof is the proof.. It's not like I'm sending off a piece of Bear-meat to get DNA tested.. And a wild story.... I started with a tent video.. In the near future will be HD video and then the body. No worries that's why I have a big smile on my face

Everyone knows it's true.. They have been trying to bust this since September, when that failed they went after my personal life, when that failed they start making up @@@.

Feel free to reprint this conversation..

..straight from the horses mouth! Perhaps we should do this more often?

Okay I am a sucker for punishment! I tried calling Minnow again to try get some more info and this time I spoke to a guy. Unfortunately he just would not give ANYTHING away at all and just replied with 'iam sorry but I havent worked on this particular production so I cant answer that question'. I even asked him 'so if a rumour was circulating the internet about any one of Minnows films and that rumour was false, would Minnow not want to correct that rumour'? No, just met with sorry I dont know. I then asked about when the premier will be and press releases and no, no comment. Was told to direct an email to the appropriate person which I wont do as it doesnt go anywhere!

So there you go. They are a closed book on this.

I appreciate your efforts, but anything that comes out of RD's mouth is not compelling. That sounds like the same lines he was spouting in 2008.

Edited by simplyskyla

Guest blackbriar

Hey why arent you watching the superbowl - go 49ers! :)

Hello People booger - its not cos he said 'blimey mate' or 'cor guvnor' rather because he said this: 'there is some involvement with minnow films here in the UK'. Its the 'here in the UK' thats a suggestion?

Yes, British :) North Yorkshire, few big cats but no bigfoot

I have known about this tent bigfoot video from the early days it was reported, the footage looked great and was really quite exciting, then more information came along and added to the story, while I haven't read this entire thread I have looked around to find more information out on this incident and I think my initial excitement of the footage was dampened when I heard about the claims of the shooting, far too good to be true (evidence not the killing) and that was even further damaged by the involvement of the freezer guy Dyer.

Further reading on this has me a bit stumped at the moment, while I could easily dismiss it as being just another silly hoax, some things do have me quietly optimistic that Dyer has in fact done what he says, but as with anyone planning a lie or a hoax you have to plan for the lie to be taken to pieces and add in extra elements to delay the inevitable discovery, the viewing of the corpse by Musky Allen might be interesting and hopefully its soon.

But at the moment this still has a possibility of being true but I won't be shedding a tear if it urns out to be just another publicity stunt.

RD's latest post on FB/FB ( 2 hours ago )

Greg you sound like one of team Tazer sheep! I usually keep quiet folks But today I'm going to lash

out. This is Why the Bigfoot community makes me sick. I have already released more evidence than anyone has since 1967 To prove The existence of Bigfoot.

It's very unfortunate that people still hold a grudge because of something I did when I didn't believe in Bigfoot. If 2008 didn't happen you wouldn't have the tent video and you wouldn't have a Bigfoot body. I'm not asking anyone to believe me. I'm just asking hold judgment. Maybe if I released a piece of Bear-meat and had a big drawn out story I would get more respect.

I will take this time to tell you a little bit about me And the organization.

Almost 90 expeditions worldwide in 4 years and 7 countries,I moved my family seven times including to Mexico and Russia, Spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to search for bigfoot All over the world .. All in the past four years.... So what have you been doing for Bigfoot

My rant is almost done people......

I have been talking to many well-known researchers over the phone for the past few months, And basically all of them says. Same thing Hey Brag to on how many years they've been searching for Bigfoot how dedicated they are.

I believe that if you've been searching for Bigfoot for over five years and haven't found anything you need to stop Because evidently you suck you're doing something wrong... The next thing my organization will do is capture a live Sasquatch..... The most compelling evidence since 1967 has already been submitted the tent video.... And people that's crap Compared to what's coming.

Anyone is welcome to friend me on Facebook.

Be prepared tick-tock....

God bless

Rick

Thanks Blackbriar for your input. I am new to the BF community and I had never heard of Rick Dyer and his 2008 hoax up until a few months ago so I have somewhat ignored his past with this story. This has been a really good debate here - should we ignore his past or not? I have to admit, if my lover cheated me, then it would be very hard to trust them again! However, I believe we should forget RD's past as I think its a classic cry wolf story. Of course the story as a whole does seem ridiculous when you look at the main facts, but the wider picture I believe makes it more probable? For instance people who are seasoned BF trackers cannot believe that a sasquatch would walk into a camp and eat ribs from a tree, especially not 2 days in a row. If you compare that behaviour to the 'norm' which seems to be that they are incredibly shy and clever creatures then it does seem ridiculous. However, given the fact that there have been several reports from a homeless camp where a bigfoot was seen often and had gotten to trust the humans in tents, and also given the information that this BF was fairly old, then it would seem not quite so improbable that this could happen?

I keep making a resolution each day that i will stay away from this thread until the film is released as until we have conclusive evidence, then the argument just goes round and round in circles. However its great fun discussing this whole story and I cant stay away :)

Edited by JackiLB

Guest gershake

evidence since 1967 has already been submitted the tent video.... And people that's crap

Without the bookends, the sentence makes more sense.

I appreciate your efforts, but anything that comes out of RD's mouth is not compelling. That sounds like the same lines he was spouting in 2008.

Well I kind of knew that publishing what RD had said wouldnt go down well, but I felt it was interesting to have some statement direct from him?

Guest Steve Byrne

ya acative thread.....so did you do a cache search or what?

let me guess......no i didn't have the time but I posted after ignoring what you posted....I deleted my cache... the MIB took my putert but left a lap top so I could keep posting.....like they say on CBS during the post game show.....COMON" MAN

I'll quote this from the instructions:

"The videos removed from Youtube are physically removed from server and no miracle will help you to Resurrect that videos.

You must work “Off site†(not on youtube) to find the video, use search engine for this."

The hope is that some site might mirror youtube and save a "cache" that has that youtube video...

They give you this list:

youku.com

kiwi.kz

bashtube.ru

svoe.tv

video.mail.ru

twitvid.com

vkontakte.ru

vk.com

tomsk.fm

Go ahead and go to all of them, like I just did, translate it and find ANY bigfoot or sasquatch video. I found tent and camper videos, so I know the translater works, but how would you say "american camper bigfoot video hoax" in Chinese, Russian, Korean etc.?... translated back to english... to confirm they don't have it.

It should be much easier to just find someone else who saw it, but they probably won't be reading blogs about Rick Dyer. I wasn't either... I got invited here by email for stuff a wrote on another blog after the "story" got going. No one over there (RL) was even curious about it... I thought it was pretty relevant, but I see pieces to a different story. It's like a puzzle where we all have different pieces thrown at us. I got unlucky and picked up one that destroyed my curiosity. Most of you don't even need that peice. Why the hell it was out there, in the context of Dyers play, I don't understand. If some of you want/need to think I'm lying until the film comes out, w/e... it's of zero consequence.

I recommend listening to Musky Allen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBIkWiDRGlU some nice contradictions...

Dont you know any IT geeks? With the $100,000 dollar reward you may be able to track someone down who you could pay to recover this film. Dont you think its worth a go? Perhaps you could do a search on various IT related blogs to see if anyone knows how to do this?

....we all really want to see this footage too :)