Rick Dyer Again

Guest Scout1959

O what do I really know about Dr. Jeff Meldrum? Much the same as the rest of you, I guess.

Occ: a professor of Anatomy and Anthropology working in the Department of Anthropology at Idaho State University.

He has a big name in Bigfootery, because he earned it through years of work, publication, and social risk taking.

Famous for his work investigating, casting, and reporting 'Squatch tracks. Appears in a number of documentaries.

Now he gets invited to all kinds of events; no one would have time for all of it. The work/goals he sets for himself no

doubt keep him pretty busy. ... Didn't Ed Smith invite him in on the Daisy in a Box hoax, but he declined?

I think it was in fall of 2011(?) that he went to Siberia at Igor Burtsev's invitation with the promise of seeing a cave

currently occupied by a Yeti. He didn't have anything good to say about that experience.

He has rights just like a citizen to make his choices.

Yes it's his call..no question. I understand this is a busy man..but COME ON FOLKS..let's get real here. He knows the Dyer kill is a BIG DEAL and very controversal. But if he get's an invite to view a body...how often does this come to his door step?>>>>NEVER! If I were a big time researcher...my schear CURIOUSITY would drive me into accepting the offer. How many offers like this does he get in a life time? NONE! Nada..ZIP.

He had a chance and BLEW it.

Understandable points...either this is an elaborate orchestration between Dyer and Musky or it isn't. Musky and Dyer have no history *together* as far as I know. I listened to the first encounter between them on a radio blog and it seemed spontaneous to me...Dyer challeged Musky. Was this orchestrated? Who knows..I don't think so. Have you listened to the ENTIRE interview with Musky today? If not..I urge you to do so. Pay particular attention to the last 5-10 min. I think this guy is genuine..prima facie.

He's not genuine for one simple fact... he says he's willing to put his substantial reputation on the line for his claim. Problem with that is he's only put his recent online persona on the line. He refuses to put his real persona on the line, which Kulls says isn't what Musky's claimed it was. So if his reputation is built on a lie, and then what exactly is on the line? If your whole story starts with a lie, how can we put trust in anything following?

And yes, I've listened to it about three times to listen for contradictions and things that don't make sense. I'm riding the fence and just waiting for them to catch themselves in another lie.

Nj...it's not a gimmie..that's for sure. I find myself bouncing back and forth as well. But I have to trust my instincts and so far...Musky rings true. That doesn't mean Dyer hasn't hoodwinked him...that's still in the cards. So we'll have to wait this out.

Guest thermalman

If Disotell was offered a peek..do you think he would have asked for a fee? I don't think so...

Get real!! You have NO clue.

Yes it's his call..no question. I understand this is a busy man..but COME ON FOLKS..let's get real here. He knows the Dyer kill is a BIG DEAL and very controversal. But if he get's an invite to view a body...how often does this come to his door step?>>>>NEVER! If I were a big time researcher...my schear CURIOUSITY would drive me into accepting the offer. How many offers like this does he get in a life time? NONE! Nada..ZIP.

He had a chance and BLEW it.

You GET REAL!! You have NO right to speak on behalf of Meldrum and how he thinks, or what he should and shouldn't do!! He has a mind of his own and can decide for himself. You are NOT his conscience.

Go to bed already!

Edited by thermalman

I'm not going to speak for Meldrum...he has made his decision and I respect it. It's not what I would have done...this was a chance of a lifetime. There was much to gain and nothing to lose. Yes..he would have gone to see a past hoaxer's purported *body*....will that tarnish his golden reputation? I think not...he would have demonstrated his determination to seek the truth..no matter the consequences. I'm not suggesting that he go on a wild goose chase here. This case was and still is compelling....albeit with the risk of hoax. The HOAX factor is what intimidates him.

Edited by ronn1

ok, you read his statement on RD's blog. Notice he mentions the damage to the mouth. Here is his response to someone else...

Musky Allen: Cindy, The bullet entered into the back of the head exited out it's Neck. The teeth were smashed but the mouth was closed, i cant make an assessment on the damage.

How does a bullet enter the back of the head, exit through the neck, yet smash the teeth? (Physics)Also, entering from back of head and exiting through neck would place Rick above the Sasquatch, not rushing out of the tent in his underwear.(Geometry) And if by chance it attacked a crew member, to be at that angle, the crew member would have been dead. (Common Sense) But remember the story about the crew member being attacked also included Rick shooting the BF in the back, but no mention of that wound either. Just let them keep talking and they'll trip over themselves.

Also, notice he's backtracking about not knowing about possible freezing, when he was adamant it wasn't happening for forensic reasons. After we made a stink about it of course.

My opinion same. Hoax, and shill. Regarding the "fake" RD website. Apparently Mr. Dyer is fine with it whether it is his own or a spoof. Like a lady told me once, you can r-pe a willing soul.

ok, you read his statement on RD's blog. Notice he mentions the damage to the mouth. Here is his response to someone else...

How does a bullet enter the back of the head, exit through the neck, yet smash the teeth? (Physics)Also, entering from back of head and exiting through neck would place Rick above the Sasquatch, not rushing out of the tent in his underwear.(Geometry) And if by chance it attacked a crew member, to be at that angle, the crew member would have been dead. (Common Sense) But remember the story about the crew member being attacked also included Rick shooting the BF in the back, but no mention of that wound either. Just let them keep talking and they'll trip over themselves.

Also, notice he's backtracking about not knowing about possible freezing, when he was adamant it wasn't happening for forensic reasons. After we made a stink about it of course.

I'm not an expert in bullet trajectory...but I do know a bullet can DROP depending on distance. As far as pushing out teeth...the shock force itself could dislodge teeth.

My opinion same. Hoax, and shill. Regarding the "fake" RD website. Apparently Mr. Dyer is fine with it whether it is his own or a spoof. Like a lady told me once, you can r-pe a willing soul.

I won't argue that either....since the thought of Dyer's claim being genuine is too much for me to bear at this point. BUT>>>I'm not going to simply dismiss it either in light of the Musky interview. That's where I stand right now.

Guest miller44
....since the thought of Dyer's claim being genuine is too much for me to bear at this point. BUT>>>I'm not going to simply dismiss it either in light of the Musky interview. That's where I stand right now.

Before the Musky interview I mentioned that along with Hawk-o, VioletX and Jacki I was going with my gut and stated that I believed Dyer's claim. That's where I stand right now, but after the interview I stand there a bit more firmly.

Rick Dyer says he shot a Bigfoot -vs- Gut reaction says "No way."

Dyer says he has the dead Bigfoot -vs- Common sense, "You're lyin' again!"

Yet we've heard whispers from the sideslines saying, "Yes, there's some

truth to it. A really big thing happened."

The only version of the story we have so far is Dyer's. And I don't think it's

in him to tell the truth; wouldn't be any fun.

1. Is there a dead Bigfoot?

2. Did Dyer shoot it?

3. Does he have possession of it?

4. Is it in/near Las Vegas?

5. Did "Musky Allen" see it?

The Devil is in the details, and we don't know any of them.

What we do know is he's doing his SOP, keep 'em hangin' song and dance.

We may have to wait for the movie.

Guest Ishcabibble

I'm not going to speak for Meldrum...he has made his decision and I respect it. It's not what I would have done...this was a chance of a lifetime. There was much to gain and nothing to lose. Yes..he would have gone to see a past hoaxer's purported *body*....will that tarnish his golden reputation? I think not...he would have demonstrated his determination to seek the truth..no matter the consequences. I'm not suggesting that he go on a wild goose chase here. This case was and still is compelling....albeit with the risk of hoax. The HOAX factor is what intimidates him.

I disagree. Dr. Meldrum has everything to lose nothing to gain from associating with this story. You can say it's not what you would have done, and I respect that, but you are not in the same position as Meldrum. Imagine yourself spending a career seriously researching the possible existence of an undiscovered hominid, gathering supporting evidence, and maintaining a teaching position at a major US university, and then these yahoos call you with their bad grammer and dicey background and they want you to come out to an undisclosed location and look at a body. Really?

But it could all be set straight with an email. Anyone here on good terms with Dr. Meldrum? A confirmation that he was even contacted would at least be a fact we could rally around (because we don't have any others).

As for Musky Allen, or Allen Musky, or whatever his/her online persona is, it's disturbing that so many people have accepted his testimony, but no one can vouch for his legitimancy! Who is this person? Why should we take them seriously?,

As far as a 30.06 to the back of the skull goes, I'm interested to hear what others think, but from my experience (I hunt with a .270) an ought 6, at close range, would leave a massive exit wound. Even if it went through the neck and came out the mouth, the tissue damage would be noticable.

Comment on Steve Kulls website and the reply...

So might be time for some to rethink what they believe about Musky if his identity is a hoax.

This is what concerns me most. I made the assumption that this was a known figure in the Bigfoot world. Then, when searching, I couldn't find any historical connection btw him and Dahinden other than what was claimed.

It's not all black & white though as I find his interview to be convincing. And I'll be first to admit I got fooled by him if it turns out to be false testimony. I also find the tent video to be very convincing as well especially with MK highlighting the eye blink. So I really don't know where to put those pieces.

What could've gone down is a simple hoax over the existence of a body for further notoriety and possible financial reward.

It might play out like this:

RD did film a BF but he did not shoot it. He gets his appearance fee but wishes to extract more out of the opportunity.

He then comes up with the killing idea and enlists MA as his counter.

RD and MA see that FBFB has a rather large audience. FBFB member Barnes, who is transparently gullible becomes an easy mark. Through him they can tap into a wider audience.

They set up a debate btw Barnes and Musky to give MA some credibility in his role.

Jack Barnes believe everything he says.

Musky introduces the con. He states that it might make sense that RD would have a body because he would be seeking redemption.

The seed is planted to have the great doubter follow the con man. The mark sits on the sidelines anxiously awaiting the results.

MA prepares beforehand by reading witness descriptions for visual reference material.

The two release a photo to help add to the fiction.

MA goes on to give his account to an attentive community. FBFB is denied their previous invite to view.

Minnow ignores all the shenanigans and releases their piece (presuming it is true) but there is no mention of the killing.

RD and MA come out stating that it is a cover up. They then hype it up and rack up appearance fees for their time. They also distance themselves from Minnow and promote a separate viewing of their creature.

To do this, they construct a website which features a live unveiling of the body. To view this you must become a member for a 'nominal' fee under the excuse to pay for bandwidth.

A grainy 320 x 240 video is streamed with difficult to make out details. There is outrage. They promise more quality viewing but it requires better equipment and more money.

Meanwhile Minnow could care less and have distanced themselves from the toxic association and FBFB is found desperately clinging onto a false belief.

Well this 'hoax' is becoming mighty expensive. Firstly there are all the people you have to pay to keep quiet - the people who were in San Antonio during the expedition. How many people that is we dont know but quite a few. Now we have Musky to pay, and then theres lawyers, then there's a unit in Las Vegas. And now apparantly there's the idea that the BF is a complex creature created with state of the art mechanics and latex and stuff, created by yet more professionals who have to be paid and then kept quiet. And then when the Minnow film comes out and low and behold no body *gasp*, they then have to somehow make money from their hoax by trying to show off a fake 'body' to an audience who either isnt interested in anything bigfoot related or to an audience who is interested in Bigfoot but know its a hoax so wont want to see it. Oh yes then Minnow will sue for falsely ruining the integrity of their film. Oh yes then other people will sue for false information and more false information.

You must remember guys, very few people in the world are actually interested in Bigfoot. Thats why we are all here. We cant find anyone in our immediate communities (and sometimes familys) to talk about the subject to and so that is why we all cluster together in blogs and we are all the same. 'Such and such' is one name on this blog but they are also 'this name' on that blog. 'Such and such' is really polite in this blog but 'in that other blog' they let rip.

An extraordinarily highly complex and incredibly expensive hoax such as this one is apparantly becoming just the stuff of ....well.....hmmm....fantasy

...but then again.....they did use plastic bags in the lab so of course!!! It IS a hoax :)

Edited by JackiLB

JackiLB, I again have to firmly but respectfully disagree with you. IF Rick Dyer and Musky Allen are lying and this is indeed a hoax, there need not be ANY expense or complexity.

We have heard that there were people other than the documentary crew who were there during this incident in San Antonio, but were there? If that isn't true, then there's no-one to pay off. Minnow films has a vested interest letting this ride so they'll not say anything. The longer this goes on, the more people hear about it, the more interest there is in the film. They would be fools to publicly state that Rick didn't shoot a Bigfoot and that it's not in their film.

And, if Musky is in on it as well, there's no need to pay him, no lawyers to pay, and no body to fake.

For all intents and purposes, we only have the word of a known liar and hoaxer and the word of a self professed, 29 year researcher turned skeptic (who nobody in the field seems to remember ever being around until he showed on FB) to indicate that any of this ever happened.

I respect your opinion that you believe those men are being truthful and admire your tenacity in defending your position, but it's simply not enough for me.

Edited by Cipher