The Kill Club

norseman

I got 2 of them. A No.5 Enfield and a Pattern 1914 Enfield made in 1917. Both shoo smooth and great. The P14 weighs too much to lug around in the woods all day. Thanks though for the input. Guess my No.5 would make for a good carry rifle.  

• 3 weeks later...
Guest OntarioSquatch

This was posted by Mike Humphreys 12 years after the shooting incident that occurred near Honobia, Oklahoma

And speaking from experience, I can tell you a few things about shooting one of these Monsters. As most of you know, my brother did shoot one of these critters. Now, you can take that however the hell you want, it makes no **** to me. 

1. First and foremost, if you want rid of them, firepower is the ONLY ANSWER...along with balls and patience. 

2. After shooting one, things WILL get western, for a while. But don't think these animals don't know what a gun is, or don't respect one. You have to stay the course and let them know you're tired of their ********. The less you resist, the worse it gets. Once they realize that lead pellet hurts more than the muzzle flash before it you'll earn their respect. 

3. These animals are a lot more afraid of man, than "some men" are of them. If you're scared stiff of these animals then you have no business hunting them. You'll just end up getting yourself or someone else hurt. You better have steel cods and they better clank when they come together to hunt Monsters because once you cross that line in the sand and bring blood things are going to change quick. Activity and harassment will increase dramatically until you get their attention and they understand you won't take any more. You won't relocate them by any means, but you can teach them enough respect to keep a healthy distance from your home. Feeding makes things worse. Leaving "gifts" or peace offerings makes them demand more. To the point they will enter your home to get it if needed. Only force earns their respect and if you're not willing to go that far then get ready for more scare tactics and night time visits....and day visits too. 
Your only option is move if you don't want to fight back. 

My brother and I had them shook up enough, when we walked outside they took off. They would hammer his family if he wasn't home but the minute he got there all ******** stopped. If he was too far from home my sister in law would call me and the mere sound of my truck coming down the road would make them gather some real estate. And they even knew the difference in the sound of my truck versus just another rig coming down the road. Other cars and trucks didn't phase them and they kept on harassing my brothers family as soon as the car passed by. The only reason we even started shooting was because of them scaring our kids. They couldn't even go outside and play without adult supervision. They didn't have to scream and growl or show themselves to those little kids but they did, and it pissed us off. If not for that we would have never fired a shot. 

I've been harassed here at my place for 20+ years and could have shot one here over the years. After Honobia, we decided it probably wasn't the best thing to do as long as my daughter was still living at home, so we both passed on chances and others have as well for different reasons. My baby girl is a grown woman now and no longer lives here. She's went off to make her own life but the scars these animals have left on her will last a lifetime. She's 23 years old now and afraid to visit her dad in the home she grew up in after dark. To this day and all days to come if she's here after dark I will walk her to her car or she won't walk out the door. I won't pass on another shot. It just will not happen again. My nephew, my brothers oldest, lives close by now. He remembers well what he went through when he was too young to do anything about it. He's bitter, and rightfully so. He won't pass on a shot either. Even if he has to walk off and leave it laying. And that's his right because he earned it the hard way. 

These things aren't human. I've had more experience and more sightings than ANY of you and give a **** if you believe it or not. Trust me, it's nothing to brag about and I wish I had never seen the first one. It would be a blessing to be a skeptic and just flow with life as it comes. I've looked in those eyes up close both day and night as well as facial expressions. There is no human in those eyes. DNA may be very close but they are by no means a human being like us. I've seen evil in those eyes and not some furry fuzzy warm all over friendly creature. So, **** on them. If you want rid of them you have three choices...Move, learn to live with it or fight back. Personally the third option suits me best. I'm not moving, I have no tolerance for ******** and I like to fight. Always have.

it blows my mind how people can have the same type of encounter and walk away with completely different perceptions of the creature and how best to deal with the situation.

After reading the quote there, wow. I can say as a father, that would be a difficult situation. You want to protect your children but at the same time the way of protecting them (remove the threat) may only amplify the threat. That would be a sticky spot. Though It would defiantly put me on edge.  

Norse, I have to agree with you. Read/heard some people talk about similar encounters and they seem to subject themselves to the things.Like oh leave the gifts and they will leave us be. something starts being a treat because you or a person got close to their young and that is fine but it scares kids and oh it's just an animal. Come one. There has got to be a line in the sand somewhere. 

I have to admit that prior to reading the thoughts by OntarioSquatch's post (above), and backed by what I've heard and read by David Paulides, I would've said that I was adamantly anti-kill.

But as time progresses, I've come to learn that even Indian history suggests that there was Cannabalism tendencies in BF. All the while our native friends would still call them 'our brother (but that seem to echo towards all animal species also).

I had the chance to speak to some Karuk natives around Happy Camp California and heard many tales including the early trade with their 'hairy brother'. But the one thing that seem to also intersect amongst many of these stories was the inclination and thought that they (BF) were not to be trusted.

So yes, I would probably arm myself if out in 'their' backyard, and I would defend myself as I would with any species that mean't harm to me and/or my household. But I'm on the fence about the 'Shoot to save a Species' train of thought.

Can we really call it cannibalism if it is Sasquatch eating people? Doesn't cannibalism mean the eating of flesh of ones own kind? Just curious.

Guest OntarioSquatch

Some crazy stuff goes on in that forested area that's just above Honobia and it seems like the residents there all know about it. I've heard there's been people going missing there and tracking dogs won't follow the scent. If true, I think it's important that the truth about these things gets out one day. The public doesn't have a clue that these things are even real, let alone the potential danger that they present and the government seems to be keeping a lid on it. I personally think they're more dangerous than any bear and apparently bears leave evidence behind when they attack someone, but not these things.

One thing I'm sure of now is that accounts of people leaving gifts for these things, becoming friends with them and habituating them aren't true. There's enough real data now to know what Sasquatch are actually like. They aren't friendly at all when they're around humans. Those who think they're friendly are fooling themselves. It can't be overstated how intelligent and paranoid these things are. They're paranoid to the extreme and also territorial. In some ways their behaviour is really unique.

From reading the NAWAC's field notes, it seems like Sasquatch will lay low for a certain amount of time before they start harassing people in order to get them to leave. The average camper won't experience anything, but if someone's in their territory and they stay there long enough, they'll start experiencing things. They rarely physically show themselves, but you'll know it's them just from all the rock throwing and growling. 

I have to admit that prior to reading the thoughts by OntarioSquatch's post (above), and backed by what I've heard and read by David Paulides, I would've said that I was adamantly anti-kill.

But as time progresses, I've come to learn that even Indian history suggests that there was Cannabalism tendencies in BF. All the while our native friends would still call them 'our brother (but that seem to echo towards all animal species also).

I had the chance to speak to some Karuk natives around Happy Camp California and heard many tales including the early trade with their 'hairy brother'. But the one thing that seem to also intersect amongst many of these stories was the inclination and thought that they (BF) were not to be trusted.

So yes, I would probably arm myself if out in 'their' backyard, and I would defend myself as I would with any species that mean't harm to me and/or my household. But I'm on the fence about the 'Shoot to save a Species' train of thought.

OK, how about shooting one to prove they exist, so that you know for a fact that when you and your family go for a picnic in the woods?

Your sharing those woods with Cougar, Bear, Wolves.......... and oh by the way 800 lbs primates......

It seems like a no brainer to me but for some that would be mean and rude.

My self preservation meter spikes much higher than most, if they are out there? I wanna know about it, but not to destroy them but certainly learn the do and donts as you would with any apex species.

Maybe red flannel pisses them off, or the smell of fried chicken, maybe they have their own rule set like a grizzly bear? Either way? The truth is most important.

Yes the truth is the most important.... The only road to finding the truth is to kill one: then and only then will the existence be proven

BFF Patron

Can we really call it cannibalism if it is Sasquatch eating people? Doesn't cannibalism mean the eating of flesh of ones own kind? Just curious.

Valid point.    Only if BF are a human variant would eating us be considered cannibalism.    I think from BF appearances that is unlikely.   Quite frankly I think that most BF consider eating us not worth the risk or perhaps we just plain taste bad.    That or not anything that big and powerful is potentially dangerous.  I think the shoot one to save the species is human rationalization.  How can we really know what will happen then unless someone has a time machine handy and can go into the future to find out.  As has been often stated much of what happens depends on if they are an ape or something closer to human.  That will be the biggest factor on how things go when existence is accepted.  

it blows my mind how people can have the same type of encounter and walk away with completely different perceptions of the creature and how best to deal with the situation.

Maybe, some of these (BF/UHS) are no-kill (of homo sapiens) and some are pro-kill (of homo sapiens)?

IMO, there are many types of "monsters" in the Kiamichi's, meth-monsters, pot-monsters, whisky-monsters..... :whistle:

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Valid point.    Only if BF are a human variant would eating us be considered cannibalism.    I think from BF appearances that is unlikely.   Quite frankly I think that most BF consider eating us not worth the risk or perhaps we just plain taste bad.    That or not anything that big and powerful is potentially dangerous.  I think the shoot one to save the species is human rationalization.  How can we really know what will happen then unless someone has a time machine handy and can go into the future to find out.  As has been often stated much of what happens depends on if they are an ape or something closer to human.  That will be the biggest factor on how things go when existence is accepted.

I think it is factally to say that until the species is proven to exist? We quite frankly do not know if the species is at risk of extinction or not. We need real time biology at the federal level to answer that question.

Grizzly bears are on the endangered species list in the lower 48 and is completly extinct in much of its former habitat here. They are not endangered in other such places such as Alaska or Siberia. Its not a simple yes or no question.

• Upvote 1

SSR Team

Agreed Norse and that gRizzly point you make is exactly the same for Sasquatch, as the things look to be pretty well distributed all over the North American Continent and I guess live easier, or not as the case may be, in area y than area x

BFF Patron

The places where grizzly are more numerous like Montana and Wyoming the governors want it off the endangered species list. When it gets so dangerous that human tourists stop coming they will really want it delisted.

Speaking of bears, anyone know what bears do to get through really hot weather? Where they hang out? I was thinking the other day that BF and bears are hairy/furry and have similar body mass and perhaps they do similar things during spells of hot weather to keep cool?

• gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor unpinned this topic