Oh Dear, Another Body...

Guest VioletX

Guest SquatchinNY

Quantra means 4, that's what I suspect. But, this whole thing is very shady. Seems like something straight out of James Bond. (In a way, the whole almost military-like-strategics, with the "transmission" and all.)

Guest Cervelo

Is this going to be another really long thread of argument and speculation about an event that hasn't actually happened? It might be better to wait to see if is real.

Apply that to the whole fourm and might as week shut this place down LOL

Oh yeah did I read somewhere that if they caught a male it was going to be called Duke?

Daisy and Duke.......Daisy Duke ummmm okey dokey

Moderator Statement: Folks, I have noticed some of you have been posting about grievances of each other. Please keep your posting related to the subject matter and NOT about each other.

BFF general guidelines 5. If you have grievances against others from the past, leave them in the past and do not bring them here.

Is the MABRC trying to garner a reputation for being just another group that throws out a hook every once in a while just to keep it's name out there? That may not be their intention, but it is what's happening. Unfortunately, it's getting more and more transparent every time.

MABRC, you guys are supposed to be one of the more serious and reliable groups. I implore you not to go down that path.

ED SMITH'S MOST RECENT POST:

t's good to see members of the MABRC and Forum that don't post often, or very little posting now,it's a good thing.

Perhaps a commentary thread DW, just thinking out loud.

Now for some news, I have cleared this with Mr. Alexander one of the principles in Quantra Group, at least there is some movement.

We, Mr Alexander and myself have been negotiating all day and up until about an hour ago.

I'm proposing a conference call or meeting be between the principles of Quantra, MABRC, Meldrum (if Available), Hovey (if Available), myself and some others. I hope we can come to agreement on this.

There will be a press release in the future on Quantra's timetable it's their call and all of us are going to have to suck it up and accept it.

There is an issue with the specimen and health concerns are paramount. I do not know specifics or details of the condition of the specimen but I think everyone would be respectful of the attention to this matter.

I will keep you posted.

And remember: The MABRC ownership, management, organizational members, forum members and affiliates are NOT responsible for the content of my posts or the data that has been presented here over the years.

I AM

http://www.mid-americabigfoot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8038&start=50

Is the MABRC trying to garner a reputation for being just another group that throws out a hook every once in a while just to keep it's name out there? That may not be their intention, but it is what's happening. Unfortunately, it's getting more and more transparent every time.

MABRC, you guys are supposed to be one of the more serious and reliable groups. I implore you not to go down that path.

The transparency is what started this because Ed's post have always been in the public part of the forum for anyone to read. Openly sharing info is a core part of the group plus allowing non members to interact in the public forum. Ed's post would be seen by the greater community regardless and this outcome to this point would still have occured IMO. Things seems to be still rolling on this situation so lets see what happens.

I see that Ed's previous statement about butting out and letting the 'group' take care of the updates lasted all but a few hours. Didn't expect anything less. When it's your 15 mins I guess you have to milk it for all that you can.

Guest reelback

GEARMAN,

Why do you appear to defend this story, if it's out of loyalty or some moral high ground?

Ok you win gee whizz man!

True, why are you allowing this any credence?

Is it too much to ask for a member of Quantra to actually speak and to say yea or nay???

That's because it almost certainly doesn't exist.

There may be a Quanta something, but they are almost certainly getting a huge laugh from all of this. At our expense.

Play by Play, Updated & Errors Corrected:

• First reported on Bigfoot Evidence on Thursday, December 27, 2012. (Good thing the world didn't end on the 21st)
  • Report was of a text message leaked by Ed Smith to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center.
  • The text was sent by a member of "Team Quantra", formally "The Original 6", whatever that means.
  • The text stated "Daisy is in the Box", which is a code phrase for a Bigfoot (possibly Female) has been captured.
  • The Rumour Mill fires up.
  • Dec. 27, D.W. Lee does not deny the capture, and states that it did not happen in Oklahoma.
  • Dec. 28, Bigfoot Evidence reports that the Bigfoot Chicks interviewed D.W. Lee, who stated a trap was specially designed with a trigger set to close if a 350+ pound weight steps on a plate, and that a team of privately contracted scientist will examine the evidence.
  • Dec. 28, Ed Smith reports that the Bigfoot was moved from the capture site to the examination site during the early morning hours (12 miles between the two sites).
  • MABRC website crashes due to too many hits.
  • Tim Fasano says something false and not worth mentioning.
  • MABRC get their website back up and running.
  • D.W. Lee states that Ed Smith will be posting a 90 page document regarding the capture.
  • Dec. 29, More Rumours. Matt Moneymaker claims that no bigfoot has been captured. (I guess he's protecting his tv show, after all, Matt's out of work if Bigfoot is actually found; step aside Amateurs, step in Scientists)
  • Ed Smith states that he will not provide any further updates, and that any updates will come directly from Team Quantra.
  • D.W. Lee, MABRC Executive Director, has referenced us as people on the blogs, and we've been told to be patient.
  • Sunday Dec. 30, Ed Smith posts on the MABRC forum that he proposes a conference-call/meeting between Quantra, MABRC, Dr. Meldrum, Hovey, Himself and others. (Mr. Alexander is named as a member of Team Quantra)
  • Ed Smith claims there are health concerns for the specimen & that a press release is forthcoming.

Edited by Mounty

Guest VioletX

True, why are you allowing this any credence?

That's because it almost certainly doesn't exist.

There may be a Quanta something, but they are almost certainly getting a huge laugh from all of this. At our expense.

You would think that an organization like this would have a spokesperson and a place to put the info., (even a FB page lol), unless that is part of day 5's plan.

You think that Ed Smith wants there to be a meeting with Meldrum and Melissa so that if there is a legitimate operation that he gets some respected members of the community to reinforce the credibility?

If this is true at all, of course there are some health concerns, you would be naive to think you could trap and tranq a Sasquatch and really have any other outcome....sigh.

This, while interesting,is not remotely believable until we hear from Mr Alexander or other Quantra folks.

Edited by VioletX