Bigfoot And The Art Of Evasion

Guest armchairesearcher

A squirrel use me as a lunch pad to get on the tree I'm sitting next to, thats a strange sight to see a squirrel hauling butt straight at you!

Ha! I've had the same thing happen. The little devil creeped up to me, I thought he saw me and was curious, but just a few feet from he ran like a rocket up my arm and over my head onto the tree. I bet it freaked him out when I stood up to get a look at him. What with the camo I was wearing I wonder if he thought I was a squatch and told his squatch story to all the other squirrels.

BFF Patron

Just be glad he didn't run up your pant-leg looking to find something to hide and bury! LOL>

And no, that's not my excuse, lol.

Edited by bipedalist
  • Upvote 1

Admin

KC,

Do you have any links or citations to the claims you're make on that list?

Guest Cervelo

Rockape,

LOL glad to hear its happened to someone else....my first through was crap wheres he going, crap he's headed straight for me, Agggggghhhhh oh yeah I got a gun Duh!

By that time the monster was upon me trying to chew off my face or that's what I thought was about to happen....boink and off he goes up the tree.

Then he starts that little squirrel scolding they give you.....Fear the Squirrels!!

Oh goodness, do I have links and citations? No, but I guess I could...but it's just my impressions, from watching vids and reading reports and forum threads. It's a collection of bf trivia I have in my head. I probably should have so stated, but I assume we know that this kind of thing is speculation...... If I erred, I beg pardon.

And addendum: IMO

I think most are obviously true, but if there is something you wanted more information about, I will oblige you.

Just be glad he didn't run up your pant-leg looking to find something to hide and bury! LOL>

Or looking for nuts, as squirrels do.

@Cervelo. I'm glad to hear I wasn't the only one who freaked out. That's why I stood up, I was afraid he would climb back down and claw my eyes out or something. I moved to a different spot because I didn't trust him.

The big bad gun toting hunter terrorized by a little squirrel!

Fear the squirrel indeed. They are the ultimate wood ninja!

Admin

I think most are obviously true, but if there is something you wanted more information about, I will oblige you.

I think most are obviously your opinion but please post as many factual links and cites as you can manage.

• Upvote 1

I think modern man has lost the skill needed to be stealthy. I am sure at one time when we needed to be stealthy to hunt we were very good at it. It was either be good at staying hidden or go hungry. Now to put it in BF terms they would have to know how to move quietly in the woods or go hungry. Think how much food it would take daily to feed that 9 ft body . I think they are always hungry and therefore always "On the hunt." Therefore , rarely seen.

Actually, I find these are reasons for making BF more visible.....size and movement. Edited by ronn1

I am supposed to be doing work work--job stuff, but I will kill a few at a time as a break from the job stuff.

Here is for number one. Still looking for the video for the lying on the ground one.

1) they hide. They hide behind rocks and trees and under bushes. Behind leaves you can't see them very well. They lie on the ground beside logs etc, in the logs' shadows, blending in to look like part of the shadows. On the ground in plain sight with a garnish of debris. And you walk by.

You need a cite for they hide behind rocks and trees and under bushes? Really? Ok. Here is one:

at about 48 seconds on this video, behind the tree behind the guy. Hard to believe he didn't even notice. At about 1:16 in the bush and under the bushes to the left, as well. 1:21, right over his shoulder. Too bad the resolution is such crap. 3:01 top right. It's not that you start "seeing things" , it's that you stop seeing the main bits and can finally see and study the background and details. It lets you shift your focus, and it can be hard if you just look at something in a cursory fashion.

http://www.bigfooten...m/sbs/roden.htm

http://www.lawnflowe...otBehavior.aspx

I refer you generally to bigfootencounters.com and bfro reports

https://www.google.c...iw=1360&bih=587

post-1892-0-44222600-1358047456_thumb.pn

Edited by Kings Canyon

Disregard the narrative, it's irrelevant.

at 1:45, possible sas under duff?

1:48 upper screen, one balled up at foot of tree? .

1:53 ? top center

2:00 ummm? what is that?

2:03 WTF You stick your arm up, they think it's a branch? You gotta be kidding. Pretty hairy for a tree branch.

3:00 odd shaped pile of leaves....very rounded and large,,,,,?

3:08 star stick formation

3:12 This is where I think one is just on the ground covered with some leaves and such. See the eye?

No doubt most are saying the whole thing is pretty farfetched. Could they? MIght they? Why wouldn't they? We can't find them and maybe it's because we say "oh that is just a shadow." ANd I don't know what that is there if it's not an eye, but you will think whatever you like, I am sure. So believe it or don't. If you don't, and you read and understood, I hope at least something here will help you out in some way.

post-1892-0-65010900-1358054044_thumb.pn

1) they hide. They hide behind rocks and trees and under bushes. Behind leaves you can't see them very well. They lie on the ground beside logs etc, in the logs' shadows, blending in to look like part of the shadows. On the ground in plain sight with a garnish of debris. And you walk by.

You need a cite for they hide behind rocks and trees and under bushes? Really? Ok. Here is one:

at about 48 seconds on this video, behind the tree behind the guy. Hard to believe he didn't even notice. At about 1:16 in the bush and under the bushes to the left, as well. 1:21, right over his shoulder. Too bad the resolution is such crap. 3:01 top right. It's not that you start "seeing things" , it's that you stop seeing the main bits and can finally see and study the background and details. It lets you shift your focus, and it can be hard if you just look at something in a cursory fashion.

Huh?

Would like to say that was an interesting vid KC but for me it's one of those 'foliage footage' vids that yield very little.

I enjoyed that Special Forces story. Just amazed that a large group of highly trained, experienced SF guys would turn tail like that. They acted in the complete opposite way that I would have expected them to.

As an aside, not sure that the 'sasquach' in this story should be a shining example of stealth. It couldn't have given it's position away more readily if it tried.