Bigfoot And The Art Of Evasion

Guest armchairesearcher

Cervelo I apolagize if my post seemed mean or disrespectful , that was not my intention, I was asking with all the above being related to this subject , why do you not believe that Sasquatch has any extrordinary hiding skill any more than a mountain lion or deer ?

Nathan,

In the future I'll default to your opinion and disregard my 40 some years of hunting and fishing ;)

How many BFs have you seen in your 40 some years of hunting & fishing?

Seems like Nathan is doing pretty good.......

Nathan is doing very well. At this rate would expect some quality audio/visuals over the next few years. No pressure of course Nathan.

Shame on Cervelo for not seeing a BF in all that time. Anyone would think that they were a) elusive or b ) non-existent.

Guest Cervelo

Yeah I'm a terrible Bigfoot hunter for sure LOL, but I was/am a pretty good deer/turkey hunter!

Cervelo I apolagize if my post seemed mean or disrespectful , that was not my intention, I was asking with all the above being related to this subject , why do you not believe that Sasquatch has any extrordinary hiding skill any more than a mountain lion or deer ?

Becuase there nothing extrordinary about standing still in the woods to evade the average person.

Cervelo I am a little confused on what you are saying, my post was to do with the question of hiding say behinde thick cover or a large tree, I ment hiding by the definition of hiding. Not really pretianing to them standing still.

Guest Cervelo

Nathan,

It's all good!

Based on my experience in dealing with known animals and their ability to hide in plain site or in cover.

I just don't find the need for any extrordinary abilities to be attributed to an unknown/undocumented/unstudied animal.

Should this purported BF have this *extraordinary skill*...we still have *accounts* of sightings don't we? So, how extraordinary can they be? Can they avoid all the trail cams? These are still purported to be VERY LARGE animals...BIG AND WIDE..in fact MONSTROUS. I'm afraid *stealth* is not going to be a very good reason for non detection...especially avoiding humans who, believe it or not, are SUPREME hunters. Edited by ronn1

Guest SquatchinNY

okay, hows come we can't see them.

1) they hide. They hide behind rocks and trees and under bushes. Behind leaves you can't see them very well. They lie on the ground beside logs etc, in the logs' shadows, blending in to look like part of the shadows. On the ground in plain sight with a garnish of debris. And you walk by.

2) they are camouflaged. I think their hair has some kind of optical properties that scatter light. Where they are it looks dappled and not solid because their hair reflects some but not all light. Maybe. They stand still, you can't see them.

3) They are many different colors so you never know what the heck you are looking for.

4) They are patient and can be still for long times. Don't try to outwait one.

5) They are nocturnal, at least partially. You can't see them without light.

6) They are silent if they wish to be, bar the occasional story of one tumbling down a hill they meant to walk up.

7) It's obvious we are an object of study. They apparently know a little English or some do, it seems. Know your enemy and keep him close.

8 ) Oh, and they live closer than we think. But no matter where they live, you know they aren't real. You don't expect to see them so if you do see them, you say that must have been a bear!

9) They can run away fast and thus seem to disappear at times.

10) They understand about negative space and tend to occupy it.

11) And that infrasound that controls you or whatever it does.

And ways we cannot even guess, probably.

What's negative space?

Guest OntarioSquatch

There are so many shapes and dark shades out in the woods.Considering every one of them as a possible mythical creature makes zero sense to me.

Interesting discussion. I've long been of the opinion that it's that human capacity to project one's mind into others, which humans beyond the age of three or so do all the time and which we almost never really see in other intelligent critters, which would make going out to deliberately find a creature whose wood skills and human mental abilities could anticipate and foil any attempt by human searchers to see them if they were avoiding us, and so explain why we can see them accidentally as it seems happen almost without exception, or under unusual circumstances, but almost never deliberately and predicatably. Even the most elusive animals, like wolverines and leopards, foxes and tigers, dolphins...we can find them and even trap them when we want to by employing the very kinds of strategies that would barely food a three year old. Add to that how incredibly noisy and conspicuous most modern humans are when they are in the wilds...especially in the dark while wearing electronic gizmos...there are no doubt technologies that will help us observe wild critters without their detecting us, or beyond their safe distance, but I can't see how those night glasses and tape recordings and video cameras can work if the BF are intelligent the way humans are when it comes to stealth. Cheers.

, but I can't see how those night glasses and tape recordings and video cameras can work if the BF are intelligent the way humans are when it comes to stealth. Cheers.

Humans detect other humans don't they?...even if BF is as *intelligent* as us..they are still vulnerable to detection. Tell me how they can *outsmart* humans..when all they can do is essentially try to hide from us. They obviously lack any advantage of technologies to counter our efforts. Should they even exist... these aren't little creatures either..in fact they're much larger than most bears.

Edited by ronn1

So we have BF in ALASKA..in the snow in spring. I assume this creature spends winter there as well. Do you have any idea what the climate is like in Alaska in winter? Maybe it was a BIG ESKIMO

SE Alaska is a temperate rainforest.........

SE Alaska is a temperate rainforest.........

From the article:

LOCATION DETAILS: The team was flown by helicopter out of Wainwright A.F. Base in a south-easterly direction for about an hour before being dropped off in the wilderness for an orienteering excercise lasting several days. The location is north of the Brooks Range and south of the region of the National Petroleum Reserve. Technically, the area is in the North Slope Borough of Alaska

"

It lies at approximately 69.000000° North Latitude and -154.000000° West Longitude . The area encompasses 88,817.1 sq. miles of land and 5,945.5 sq. miles of water. The borough's climate is arctic. Temperatures range from -56 to 78. Precipitation is light, at 5 inches, with snowfall averaging 20 inches."

800px-Map_of_Alaska_highlighting_North_Slope_Borough.svg.png

Edited by ronn1

^^ Yep, and here's a great documentary I just watched the other night, that was filmed in that exact area....

While being "arctic" its not all just ice and snow......

A bit of a derail possibly, but as you watch this- you'll see there's plenty of places for animals (even large ones) to hide out.......