Bigfoot And The Art Of Evasion

Guest armchairesearcher

Watched the two videos you posted KC and didn't see anything, had to go back and specifically look at the timestamps mentioned. Still didn't see anything sadly. I think what people are seeing in those are just compression artifacts and 'patterns in the foliage.'

It's something that's very common among humans and probably evolved due to it conferring a survival advantage, the ability to see the proverbial tiger in the grass. http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Pareidolia

Thanks for posting the videos though, I've now got a burning desire for Huckleberries :)

Edited by Claire

Admin

Disregard the narrative, it's irrelevant.

at 1:45, possible sas under duff?

1:48 upper screen, one balled up at foot of tree? .

1:53 ? top center

2:00 ummm? what is that?

2:03 WTF You stick your arm up, they think it's a branch? You gotta be kidding. Pretty hairy for a tree branch.

Wait, You're saying there are Bigfoot in this video?

I always think of this account when this topic comes up

http://www.bfro.net/...ort.asp?id=6486

Human intelligence or animal, predators (and I am convinced that BF is at least an opportunistic predator) by definition need to be good at stealth to earn their kills.

This was one of the most impressive reports I have seen. Thanks for posting it.

So we have BF in ALASKA..in the snow in spring. I assume this creature spends winter there as well. Do you have any idea what the climate is like in Alaska in winter? Maybe it was a BIG ESKIMO

Vol. 23 of National Geographic Magazine has an article about Eskimos. One explorer mentioned the tallest Eskimo he encountered was 5 ft, 9.5 in — a bit shy of what was required to make the tracks reported. Also, Eskimos are not noted for their voluminous, blood curdling screams.

Don't you think an animal capable of inhabiting the high ground in the Sierras and the Cascades might be capable of inhabiting the Alaskan interior, just as many other hairy mammals do?

Guest RedRatSnake

The BFRO does have a knack for some good ole BF tales, too bad there is no way to verify such an account, you need to take into consideration that,

"Dr Fahrenbach" is an affiliate curator and does the lecture circuit. It would be wise to take BFRO reports with a grain of salt.

Tim

The BFRO does have a knack for some good ole BF tales, too bad there is no way to verify such an account, you need to take into consideration that,

"Dr Fahrenbach" is an affiliate curator and does the lecture circuit. It would be wise to take BFRO reports with a grain of salt.

Tim

Nope, he's got nothing to do with it and neither does "Finding Bigfoot" while we're on that.

What's on the BFRO database is the public, not the BFRO. To put this whole thing on them is to speculate something wilder than bigfoot. By a lot.

Guest RedRatSnake

Nope, he's got nothing to do with it and neither does "Finding Bigfoot" while we're on that.

You need to do some home work on the good DR. and read who was the investigator on the report, one of the reasons this subject is riddled with rumor and miss info is cause to many shoot from the the hip and don't do their own homework.

And what has Finding Bigfoot have to do with my post ? we are talking about a report from the BFRO.

Tim :)

Um, you don't know that Matt and Bobo are BFRO? Um, OK.

Point is, the reports are the public, not the investigators. And to dismiss them for that alone is naive conspiracy theory.

They read the same on the TBRC website and the same on the John Green website ...and the same, pretty much, wherever you read them.

I don't either. I think that the sasquatch's invisibility shield is science's unwillingness to investigate the evidence...which includes thousands of sightings, including many of an animal that doesn't seem to be that much better able to - or inclined to - hide than anything else out there. And you know that if the phenomenon is real, the sightings are just a fraction of actual encounters.

That said: many reports seem to indicate that sasquatch do indeed use standing still - even in the open - as a means to avoid detection. This is one of relatively few sasquatch behaviors that I'm not aware of for known apes. But it makes much sense that an animal might adopt it in the temperate zone, where covering vegetation isn't there for significant parts of the year. (And yep, other animals - deer the most prominent example - use it too.)

This is one of the most sensible posts I have read yet. Perfectly stated, and I agree 100 percent.

I don't think there is anything mystical going on here, but they are smarter than the average bear, so to speak, and well acclimated to the environment.

I can't tell you how many times I'm walking along and flush something out and am startled. Now imagine something sitting there with the wherewithal and discipline to stay put as I walk by. In all likelihood, I see nothing.

Cervelo back on page 1 of this thread you siad you do not believe Sasquatch has any extrordinary hiding skill any more than a mountain lion or deer. Deer don't hide from humans they smell or see them, lock still for second and after they have decided what they are seeing or smelling bolt for the thickest cover and stop every 100 yards or so to see if they are be chased by a predator. Mountain lion do hide and stalk from behinde the prey from a higher or thick vantage point. Chimps and other higher apes can and do hide from humans, watching and observing. Sasquatch with a larger skull should have a larger brain case and would be very likely to do a even better job at hiding than most other great apes. We have alot of reports of these creatures peaking out from behinde trees, following humans on a trail but on the other side of very thick vegatation and even spotting a human looking right at them and they just step behinde a large tree making thier body hidden and every few second peaking out to see if the human has left. The data points suggest that they are hiding from humans but thier shear numbers give way to sightings and encounters. They , like all animals and humans make mistakes. My daylight sighting would make a good example of that.

I personaly had an encounter with something behinde a tree this last April, I seen the rear end of a jet black hairy something hanging out from behinde a tree, I was alone and out of surprise I said ,, UHt OH ! ,, and it tucked its rear end back in behinde tree, I watched that tree for 20 minutes and it never moved so I left, when I got out to the road I shut down the audio recorder and was getting ready to thro off my pack to get my dictation recorder out to describe what happened. As I am fishing through my pack for my dictation recorder and crossing over a chained drive I got one foot over the chain with pack in hand and heard a screaming/moaning go off. I paniced and started raging around for the audio recorder but by the time I got it on it was over. Note to self and others never shut down the audio recorder to get out a dictation recorder, let it run until you get the other up and running.

I also had an other instance where I seen a huge figure down in the cedar on a moonlite night through my IR scope with the IR light off at first, so I hit the IR light button and blasted this thing but also flooded my eye with so much light it clouded my vision but as my vision started to clear I seen this thing take 2 huge stride into a thick patch of cedar. That happend earlier in April as well.

Now to touch on the human issue, IF they are some type of human, that would say alot about why we do not find them, in such case we would be dealing with something of almost equel intellect and planning ability. As a side note the human theory may add some real consideration to the burying thier dead theory as well.

What I ask is how could Sasquatch NOT be discovered if they are not hiding ?

Martin I was could not have if I had wanted to, I was in a sate of complete fear, I had that creeped out being watched feeling that whole afternoone and into the evening. I was all alone and it was dusk and I do not yet carry a weopon, I would describe it looking like the butt of a jet black gorilla hanging out from behinde a tree say on all fours with a flat back and it rear end hanging out from behinde the tree. I had another encounter where I chased something in daylight that had been grumbling like an old angery drunk man but I will tell more about that on seperate thread listing my encounters after I get all of my recordings and photos in line. In daylight I have no fear of anything, but when it gets dark I will not just charge after something for the fear of getting lost or tripping and hurting my self and not be able to get out.