Something As Simple........as A Coyote.

norseman

Occam, my friend.......

Your understanding of Occam's razor is obviously wrong.

Let me know if you'd like me to explain it to you?

Right.  Bigfoot skeptics presume that it's skeptical to craft a thesis piled high with untested assumptions.

Occam would have said:  cool film.  Somebody missed an ape there.  Might want to find it.

It's not skeptical to say something is what you badly want it to be.  I do nothing but apply a cold skeptical eye to the evidence.  That's why I side with the proponents.

That might have been more appropriate had I posted "schadenfreude."

In my head, I heard "Occam" like it was coming from a little old Jewish woman speaking Yiddish. Oy Vey.

Your understanding of Occam's razor is obviously wrong.

Let me know if you'd like me to explain it to you?

Enlighten me, be my guest.

When several hypotheses of varying complexity can explain a set of observations with equal ability, the first one to be tested should be the one that invokes the fewest number of uncorroborated assumptions. If this simplest hypothesis is proven incorrect, the next simplest is chosen, and so on.

What pseudo-skeptics always fail to either acknowledge (for the sake of their argument) or understand,  is that the definition of "simple" is extremely subjective.Just as "simpler" is purely relative.

Occam's intent was to separate theories which would predict the same result for all experiments, not to choose between theories which make different predictions.

So anyone trying to apply Occam's razor needs to realize and acknowledge that:  "There are more things in heaven and

earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy". - Shakespeare

Hope that helped to enlighten you.

Edited by LarryP

Occam, my friend.......

Right. 

But Occam was wrong with the Ebu Gogo was it not? The simplest explanation is not always the correct one.......it's just the safe one.