Something As Simple........as A Coyote.

norseman

^Gotta love the 'super outdoorsman' chest thumping..

I think it's pretty obvious that a majority of 'Bigfooters' don't spend much time outdoors, so a sound reference guide would be a good idea.

You'll probably see that it is the the bigooters who have more proprietary recordings of known and properly labled animal recordings than their critics.

To kill and eat it?

That's like asking why a human would want to use a duck call.

Why would it lure in and kill and eat a dangerous predator like a bear or wolf, when it could just imitate a deer grunting, and lure in an easy to kill Deer?

I think Robert W. Morgan is spot on with his theory that BF are of a tactical mindset most of the time.

If that is true, it would make sense.

If these creatures are as shy as some believe they are, what better way to vocally communicate, or, signal another BF, when an unwanted presence is in their midst, without giving their presence away?

Or, perhaps, they are just bored? Entertainment options are somewhat limited in the wild, after all.

i believe most coyote noises are just that..

but some food for thought..

http://www.dday-overlord.com/eng/dday_cricket.htm

You'll probably see that it is the the bigooters who have more proprietary recordings of known and properly labled animal recordings than their critics.

Who really cares? At some point you guys are going to have to get over this ridiculous virtual rivalry.

If Bigfooters have posted animal sounds mistaken for Bigfoot than wouldn't it be helpful to have a database?

It's not going to make you any less of a researcher.

Edited by roguefooter

Guest crabshack

Why would it lure in and kill and eat a dangerous predator like a bear or wolf, when it could just imitate a deer grunting, and lure in an easy to kill Deer?

Maybe that's not the purpose.

What if those calls are to drive prey to an ambush.

Who really cares? At some point you guys are going to have to get over this ridiculous virtual rivalry.

If Bigfooters have posted animal sounds mistaken for Bigfoot than wouldn't it be helpful to have a database?

It's not going to make you any less of a researcher.

Well you were the one stating bigfooters don't use a database of known animal recordings. So you are making the assumption and instigating the riff at the moment. The fact is many have their own known files. If you were to create a data base here, you'd need people who own the recordings to post them into the data base. A thread full of external links wouldn't work because the links eventually die or change. Comments on the recordings lose their validity, people lose the oportunity to learn, and the thread turns into a back and forth of opinion without the objective mediating evidence.

^I never stated any such thing. Here is what I said: "Maybe we could start a database of this kind of stuff here for identification?"

Where did I say they don't use a database? How exactly was that instigating anything?

The fact that these sounds keep popping up in Bigfoot recordings shows that a sound library would be useful.

Maybe if you'd stop reading with the intention of being offended by every little thing then you'd see there was no instigating, there was no ill will towards anybody. The attitude and instigating came in response to my post, not from my post.

• Upvote 1

I think it's pretty obvious that a majority of 'Bigfooters' don't spend much time outdoors, so a sound reference guide would be a good idea.

So it's not about spending time in the outdoors collecting the sounds of known animals for their own reference?

^If people are presenting those sounds as potential Bigfoot vocals then I don't think they're collecting the sounds of known animals for reference.

Are you saying that's what people are doing? I'm not quite sure what you're post is about.

The act of collecting recordings always has it's benefits, even if some get misidentified, they can always be relabled and we all learn. You seem to be asserting that you've identified some. So I'm curious which ones.

The use of data bases or sound libraries and time spent in the outdoors should not be assumed. People with recordings of what they hear can generally prove that real quick.

So am I to look forward to your contributions in building a sound library?

Take a look at the habituation thread, there is a really interesting video that shows apes kidnapping feral dogs and keeping them as pets, hey anything is possible. Bigfoots have been witnessed mimicking things, look at the BRFO for verification, Illinois, Edwardsville, guy saw one mimicking a weed eater. Mimicking is really not a reach. Why not if it has advantages, Stan Courtney has some interesting examples of what I think are Bigfoot using owlish sounds, and mechanical"ish" sounds. Coyote imitation could be detected with a spectrogram sound analysis, I think that is the correct term, but it looks at the sound characteristics and can identify signatures that help define what is the origin. There are some individuals attempting to do this, so the mystery may not be that hard to solve as these technologies become available.

http://sasquatchbioacoustic.blogspot.com/2011/10/using-audacity-spectrograms-to-review.html  This is a link to basics on this technology and it's application to defining Sasquatch vocalizations, if your doing any kind of research, you must....MUST...start recording your activity, I guarantee you will hear things that you miss in the field and discover things going on when your not present, which is what makes this so easy, although video would be nice, it could be faked, audio can stand up to testing for manipulation, and can provide a good picture of whether or not any activity is really present.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot